Independence of the Seas 2/13 5 day cruise review

Hey all, I will be embarking on the 5 day valentines/president cruise on Saturday for my first RC cruise. I will be reviewing it as well! I've done Disney, carnival, Norwegian and princess before this. Please let me know any questions you may want answered. I am staying in a promenade room on deck 7 and plan to post photos of that because I know I found it difficult to find any myself. Cheers to all!

Hope you got here ok Skipper Justin. We landed at midnight from Toronto. Had to do de-icing before take off. Weather looks great here. Can't wait for the boarding to begin!

On our way to the port now from Orlando. Flight was delayed four hours yesterday. Got in at 1am and went to bed at 3. The energy of a cruise is the only thing keeping us awake! We ended up staying at the doubletree in Orlando and they upgraded us to a suite for the 4 hours we slept. So that was nice! ImageUploadedByForums1455368989.587472.jpg.17aca8d70ca1e0f0a092f2e44d40270b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1455368949.735376.jpg.03e1293fd4d5ca470260739b1a61bf3b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1455368975.113403.jpg.aff1d8a78640e14061eec4e0e4dfc981.jpg

On our way to the port now from Orlando. Flight was delayed four hours yesterday. Got in at 1am and went to bed at 3. The energy of a cruise is the only thing keeping us awake! We ended up staying at the doubletree in Orlando and they upgraded us to a suite for the 4 hours we slept. So that was nice! ...

Are you driving to Ft. Lauderdale from Orlando?

Long but pleasant drive.

No reasonable flights to FLL or MIA?

For whatever reason the rates were crazy for using miles yesterday. It was free to fly to Orlando yesterday but would have been double for fll or Miami. We are flying home from Miami though, so no long drive there :)