Anniversary Room Decor

Artemis908

Didn't do anniversary but I did do my guys BDay in 2014.

Yes, they put them up before you get to the cabin. They were pretty much the same as pictured.

They only thing I wished was different was the cake. It was HUGE!! Their was just the 2 of us so we ended up sharing with the room steward. We cut 2 pieces in front of him then gave him the cake.

I asked him first, didn't want to insult him. He said it didn't even last the night LOL!!

Quick question about the anniversary decor and I apologize if it's been covered before. We're new cruisers leaving in August. If I order the decorations or a romance package, do I pay for it up front, will it charge to my card on file, or will I pay later on the ship? I'd like to keep it a surprise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Whenever you place an order in advance with Royal Caribbean, you pay for it right then. The ordering process will ask for your credit card information; the system doesn't use a card on file.

Thank you!

We did it for our anniversary last June and it was the same dsvd posted. Had it put up before the cruise even started, it was a wonderful surprise for my husband, he absolutely loved it. Also came with pillow cases, a photo frame, and a fruit plate and breakfast in bed with mimosa's on a day of our choice, but that was the full romance package, not just the decor.

We actually have the hanging hooks in our living room now with photos from the cruise on it.

Has anyone recently done the anniversary room decor? Was thinking of doing this for our 5th wedding anniversary cruise in May. Are the decorations exactly the same as they are pictured? Did someone put them up for you before you boarded?

Is this a package that you have to request? We told them when we booked that we were celebrating our 20 year anniversary.

Is this a package that you have to request? We told them when we booked that we were celebrating our 20 year anniversary.

Yes, you have to request and pay for room decorations.

You may get a small piece of cake at dinner and a song by the wait staff, for no extra charge.

The price is my main hesitation. $50 is a lot of money for some paper decorations but I guess I could consider most of that cost related to putting them up. It would be nearly impossible for me to put them up without my husband there and would be nice to board the ship and have the decorations waiting for us. Our anniversary isn't until later in the cruise but we want to enjoy the decorations for our entire trip.

The price is my main hesitation. $50 is a lot of money for some paper decorations but I guess I could consider most of that cost related to putting them up. It would be nearly impossible for me to put them up without my husband there and would be nice to board the ship and have the decorations waiting for us. Our anniversary isn't until later in the cruise but we want to enjoy the decorations for our entire trip.

$50 is not much compared to the cost of the entire trip. If you would enjoy it that much, why not do it?

Try not to look at price for such a special occasion. I plan to order the $75 anniversary package for our Brilliance cruise next month which adds in the towel and pillow cases. I want the dramatic effect when she walks in and sees it all. I booked the cruise so far in advance that I believe I got a great deal on the price of our corner aft balcony. I paid less for the two of us than the current rate for a balcony is for one!

For me the price was definitely worth it. The look on his face when we boarded, and we still use the pillow cases, photo frame, and magnetic photo hangar.

Our next cruise is over my sister's birthday and we were looking at the Deluxe Birthday package. It comes with pillow cases and a towel. Anyone gotten this package and have thoughts?

I'm curious about the deluxe birthday one too. It's dorky, I know, but I'm celebrating my birthday and even though I'm cruising solo, I think it might be fun to have my cabin decorated. (I am having trouble deciding between the Bright and Paisley packages though - I like aspects of each and am not a huge fan of other things with each. I'm weird like that.)

Yes, I just confirmed that if you order it in advance through RCI gifts and gear you can specify what day you want it to go up.

Thank you!!

Quick question about the anniversary decor and I apologize if it's been covered before. We're new cruisers leaving in August. If I order the decorations or a romance package, do I pay for it up front, will it charge to my card on file, or will I pay later on the ship? I'd like to keep it a surprise :)

I am going to use my daughter's credit card so my wife will not see the charge. Ask a relative and give them the cash when you arrange it.

Try not to look at price for such a special occasion. I plan to order the $75 anniversary package for our Brilliance cruise next month which adds in the towel and pillow cases. I want the dramatic effect when she walks in and sees it all. I booked the cruise so far in advance that I believe I got a great deal on the price of our corner aft balcony. I paid less for the two of us than the current rate for a balcony is for one!

Agreed. My wife already knew we were doing this cruise to celebrate our Anniversary, but I surprised her with the decor. Her reaction was awesome, she was very touched by the extra gesture. Also, just FYI, there is also a frame that comes with the package, so be sure to check out the photo station during your cruise. You can have a framed memento of your cruise before you even get home! :)