Cruising with grandchildren

We are hoping to take our 2 granddaughters cruising in January 2017. Apart from taking their passports (of course):D, what other paperwork would we be required to take.

The ship will be Emerald Princess. They will be aged 6 and 16 when we depart.

Thanks

Jenny:):)

Ask Princess what they require. RCI Have a specific form which they sent to me. I had it signed and notarised by the parents and it was requested before any activities like rock-climbing or ice-skating. It also needs to cover medical as Gut2407 said.

WE have cruised with G/kids a couple of times. Always get document signed by at least one parent to allow travel and to provide authority where appropriate ... as already stated. Our issue was with split parental custody so we had both parents sign form ... which had its own problems.

Also make sure G/kids are included on Travel Insurance.

We found cruising with G/kids enhanced our own pleasure. They found friends and were never a problem, yet we were able to enjoy the whole experience (including formal nights) as a family.

cheers

I have taken our 2 grandaughters on P and O and princess cruises, just Australian waters, so no need for passports for them. I only needed their medicare card for ID.

I also took a letter signed by both parents authorizing me to make any decisions regarding their welfare while under my care. I also had them on my travel insurance policy. I wasn't asked for the letter of authority but presented it along with all the other docs at the time of check in.

My grandaughters love cruising, the 10 year old has been on princess, pacific jewel and pacific pearl. The 6 year old pacific jewel and pacific pearl.

They absolutely love the kids program and I am very comfortable having them in the club. They really loved the P and O kids program over princess.

Edited by Tara Jane

If the grandchildren do not have passports for a domestic cruise, a Medicare card with the parents, child's names on it can be used. We also take a photo and birth certificate copy, both signed by a JP, police officer or teacher verifying child's identity, as well both parents permission. Used for Princess and RCI.

WE have cruised with G/kids a couple of times. Always get document signed by at least one parent to allow travel and to provide authority where appropriate ... as already stated. Our issue was with split parental custody so we had both parents sign form ... which had its own problems.

Also make sure G/kids are included on Travel Insurance.

We found cruising with G/kids enhanced our own pleasure. They found friends and were never a problem, yet we were able to enjoy the whole experience (including formal nights) as a family.

cheers

Same as for us :) We got letters from both parents. Include G/kids on insurance. Medicare card from mother with both kids name on was sufficient for Aus cruises. We got passports for them for overseas cruises (G/parents cost of course :p) They've done 5 cruises and still hankering for us to take them on another !!!!!!!! they are 21 and 18 now - still wanting to cruise with US !!!! :confused::p:D

Edited by dizzy1948

My wife and nearly 18 year old granddaughter just returned from NZ cruise on Diamond Princess (the noro one !!) A pre Uni gift from us. Grand daughter's first cruise, she loved it, awesome 100 times over, everything was awesome, cabin, entertainment, food, staff, public areas, she even tried out the Elite lounge with Grand Ma !!

They did a couple of ship's shorex and a couple of private ones, all awesome of course !! LOL.

She did the adult thing, did not bother with the teen club' too many young teens she said.

She has her own passport and got copy of mums medicare card etc. Travelled on ANZ Platinum CC free insurance as a family member, no problems. She did not have a letter of authority from Mum, but none asked for.

Edited by NSWP