Upsell timing, negotiation, and obc

samisone

I was already a 4* Mariner when the status was created, a 5* when that came to be, and I have cruised many days since, including with tender ports. I usually find a letter in my cabin advising me of my right to skip the tender ticket process, and go directly to the tender dock. But I have never seen a separate line when I got there, and I wouldn't dream of cutting the line that is there! How am I to know that those already in line aren't also 4 & 5* Mariners, or Neptune Suite passengers, and just as entitled to be there as I am? :eek:

My status (such as it is) "entitles" me to skip the tender ticket process, but nothing more.

Hello all. We made the decision to not take the upsell offer. The perks were just not enough (we already feel like we are treated like royalty in a regular cabin) and we didn't want our room to become the focus of our cruise. That being said, if they come back with a ridiculously low offer (more ridiculous than the last one), then we will probably take it.

Thank you for all your input and wisdom. It helped tremendously!

We got the same upsell offer. After talking with HAL and a lot of discussion and calculating we decided to go for it. Called today (Saturday) but the office is closed. Sent a fax as they suggested, so now I have to wait till they respond or Monday morning to see if it is still available. Not good at waiting once I have made a decision.

Just got off the phone with HAL, and booked the upsell. We even got the cabin that we wanted. Never thought we would get an offer from a C cabin to a SY cabin. Going to be a great cruise!

Just got off the phone with HAL, and booked the upsell. We even got the cabin that we wanted. Never thought we would get an offer from a C cabin to a SY cabin. Going to be a great cruise!

Glad you got it. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Hello all. We made the decision to not take the upsell offer. The perks were just not enough (we already feel like we are treated like royalty in a regular cabin) and we didn't want our room to become the focus of our cruise. That being said, if they come back with a ridiculously low offer (more ridiculous than the last one), then we will probably take it.

Thank you for all your input and wisdom. It helped tremendously!

Glad it worked out for you both for different reasons.