Did I imagine that??

We're Diamond members and haven't been on RC for a while so not sure about the Diamond perks these days.

I received a RC email and also an email from an online agency about an OBC special.

So yesterday I found the cruise and cabin we wanted and booked it myself on the agency's website. I was ecstatic when I found it gave us a $200.00 C & A discount and also a $200.00 OBC. Woo hoo!

I then called the agency to ask them about the free Spa treatments and free internet they also offered on the email.

I told her exactly what cabin I was currently holding and the exact fare I was looking at along with the discount and OBC. At this point I hadn't completed the reservation though. She told me to release that cabin and she would book it.

She then tried to upsell me to a cabin for an additional $500.00, "only a few dollars more" she says. :rolleyes: which I declined.

She puts me on hold for 5 minutes and says everything's set and when I asked about the OBC again she said "Oh let me check that".

After another 5 minutes on hold she says it's not valid with the C&A discount.

AAck! I tried to get it back but no matter what I tried, leaving out the senior, state and C&A discounts I could not get that OBC back.

I know RC has a weekend sale that started yesterday and I'm wondering if this could have changed things while I was booking the reservation.

I'm also aware that usually the C&A discount isn't combinable except maybe with the Onboard booking bonus, this is why I was so surprised.

Did I imagine that:o?

Has anyone else been able to ever combine and OBC with C&A discount?

It doesn't seem like much of a perk if you have to choose between $200.00 "Diamond" discount or &200.00 OBC.

Several previous threads about this - and it may be frustrating - but RCI is clear that with certain promotions it is the OBC or the C & A discount, but not both combined.

And when booking it may be worth the conversation to make sure they don't default to the lesser of the two values as there have been comments around that as well. Specify which you want at booking to be sure.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I know we have to be careful what we say here but we have gotten our Diamond Plus discount (from RCI) and OBC from our travel agent at the same time. I really don't care who gives it to me but am happy to get both - plus a few other goodies. Sorry, can't mention who we use but I would advise to keep looking around. It is amazing what is out there.

I know we have to be careful what we say here but we have gotten our Diamond Plus discount (from RCI) and OBC from our travel agent at the same time. I really don't care who gives it to me but am happy to get both - plus a few other goodies. Sorry, can't mention who we use but I would advise to keep looking around. It is amazing what is out there.

A TA OBC, which comes out of their booking commission, is separate from - nor sponsored by - one issued by RCI and not part of the promotions referred to.

Edited by leaveitallbehind