Luggage tags

jobowl

Our cruise departs in 41 days and I emailed Celebrity to enquire when the tags would be available. This morning I received the following reply:

"We no longer offer the facility of preordering bag tags on our website.

Bag tags are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet with instructions for application.

The Guest Ticket Booklet should be sent to you from your travel agent, or if you have booked directly with us you can print your own copy."

OD

After contacting Celebrity several times regarding our ordered tags, we arrived HOME from our cruise this past Saturday to find our lovely colourful tags in our mailbox. :rolleyes: Oh well. The tags I printed in black and white from our old printer worked just fine and our luggage arrived at our cabin in record time. This was a first for us, in the past the luggage tags arrived well before our cruise, so not sure what is going on at head office.

Our cruise departs in 41 days and I emailed Celebrity to enquire when the tags would be available. This morning I received the following reply:

"We no longer offer the facility of preordering bag tags on our website.

Bag tags are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet with instructions for application.

The Guest Ticket Booklet should be sent to you from your travel agent, or if you have booked directly with us you can print your own copy."

OD

I have read on CC that this only applies to UK Cruisers and not to others. Not sure why.

Edited by davekathy

For myself it just comes down to this. If Celebrity offers Luggage Tags we should be able to order them and receive them by mail. If Celebrity does not want to offer them then come out with a statement.

Celebrity stated in December they were having issues processing orders for luggage tags. A couple hundred posts on CCritic about it lately. Itr is all part of their website and its often non-functionality.

For myself it just comes down to this. If Celebrity offers Luggage Tags we should be able to order them and receive them by mail. If Celebrity does not want to offer them then come out with a statement.

Celebrity stopped issuing luggage tags in most countries some years ago.

Edited by az_tchr

I just completed my on line check-in for our May 13 cruise. It said that the luggage tags were not available at this time but should be available within 60 days of the sail date and to keep checking. I am going to assume that you made your final payment and have completed the on line check-in.. If you have done both of these and you're less than 60 days out i would call X and order them over the phone.

Here are notes from my most recent experience...

I completed online check-in back in December for March 28 cruise. And given the message on the reservation on the Celebrity site that tags should be available within 60 days of the sail date, I started watching for them to be available around the end of January.

Others on my roll call indicated they had received an email that their eDocs were ready around 2/5. I kept checking that day but did not receive an email (never did) and so checked the reservation on the Celebrity site and it said that luggage tags could be requested or printed. I wanted them mailed to me but had heard here on CC of issues with the online requests and so called customer service directly to request them. The agent I spoke with said I should receive my tags in 7-10 days - they arrived on 2/11. (She also confirmed that they still had not resolved the online request issues.)

What I was not clear on was how to get the eDocs since, as noted above, I never received the email. I found the information on the website very cryptic and saw posts online where folks said you just looked on the reservation to find the link for the eDocs... but it was nowhere to be found.

Finally - I decided to click the PRINT LUGGAGE TAGS button - just to see what information was available there... and lo and behold, there were the eDocs! It turns out that the luggage tag is on page 15 (I guess you just print multiple copies of page 15 the number of tags you need) - but the link is really to the eDocs.

Since the button is a link to both the eDocs and the luggage tag - not sure why the link couldn't just say so. Had I received an email, I am sure that it would have either had the eDocs as an attachment or would have had a link directly to the eDocs thus saving me all the confusion - but alas, I never did receive that email...

Here are notes from my most recent experience...

I completed online check-in back in December for March 28 cruise. And given the message on the reservation on the Celebrity site that tags should be available within 60 days of the sail date, I started watching for them to be available around the end of January.

Others on my roll call indicated they had received an email that their eDocs were ready around 2/5. I kept checking that day but did not receive an email (never did) and so checked the reservation on the Celebrity site and it said that luggage tags could be requested or printed. I wanted them mailed to me but had heard here on CC of issues with the online requests and so called customer service directly to request them. The agent I spoke with said I should receive my tags in 7-10 days - they arrived on 2/11. (She also confirmed that they still had not resolved the online request issues.)

What I was not clear on was how to get the eDocs since, as noted above, I never received the email. I found the information on the website very cryptic and saw posts online where folks said you just looked on the reservation to find the link for the eDocs... but it was nowhere to be found.

Finally - I decided to click the PRINT LUGGAGE TAGS button - just to see what information was available there... and lo and behold, there were the eDocs! It turns out that the luggage tag is on page 15 (I guess you just print multiple copies of page 15 the number of tags you need) - but the link is really to the eDocs.

Since the button is a link to both the eDocs and the luggage tag - not sure why the link couldn't just say so. Had I received an email, I am sure that it would have either had the eDocs as an attachment or would have had a link directly to the eDocs thus saving me all the confusion - but alas, I never did receive that email...

Good info...thanks.