Anthem - so much conversation, I just booked it

silvermcs

There has been so much chatter about Anthem of the Seas with the storm, the repairs and then sail away yesterday. I could not stop watching the the pull outs and push backs on the webcam until she finally sailed away. I was so fascinated by the whole thing that I booked a 5 day trip on July 9, 2016. Did anyone else book given so much activity? As bad as that storm must have been for those unfortunate people on the ship, do you think the publicity made the ship more popular? When I was on the phone with RCL this morning, I could not get the two cabins close. DW and I are on deck 12 and DW(18) and her friend are on deck 11. In case anyone asks, we are doing traditional dynamic dining, late seating; we will dress up for formal night (and require the same of the girls); and will tip our stewards, bartenders and servers. Sorry, could not resist. :)

Which intenary did you book?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked Bermuda. You get an overnight stay in Bermuda and two sea days. Seems like a good way to experience the ship. We have a busy summer and this fits the schedule.

I just booked Anthem also for November. Looking at the restaurants. Which ones are complimentary? What is the traditional dining at 8pm This is too late to eat for us. Must we book each restaurant? Or can we just show up at

6 pm? What's traditional dining?

One of the benefits of the Quantum class threads being separate from the main board is that you could find answers fairly easily and not get lost in a sea of other threads -sorta missing it now.

There's no traditional dining on Anthem and folks confuse things on that unique ship. There's Dynamic Dining classic which tries to imitate traditional (fixed dining times, early and late) but rotates through 4 venues. DD Choice is when you make your own reservations for whenever or just show up without a reservation.

In case anyone asks, we are doing traditional dynamic dining, late seating; we will dress up for formal night (and require the same of the girls)

You do know that Anthem does not have formal nights, right? I assume you meant you will dress up the night Grande (the formal venue) is in your rotation.

In case anyone asks, we are doing traditional dynamic dining, late seating; we will dress up for formal night (and require the same of the girls); and will tip our stewards, bartenders and servers. Sorry, could not resist. :)

But will you be sharing a drink package? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

But will you be sharing a drink package? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did NOT know there was no formal night. Will not tell that to the family. Will then use the Grande for dress up night. NO NO, we are not sharing a drink package because of the extra booze we are smuggling taped to our bodies. Just kidding. Good one; can't believe I left that one out. We bring on two bottles of wine and with the CL, we can't actually drink enough to justify a drink package :(

There has been so much chatter about Anthem of the Seas with the storm, the repairs and then sail away yesterday. I could not stop watching the the pull outs and push backs on the webcam until she finally sailed away. I was so fascinated by the whole thing that I booked a 5 day trip on July 9, 2016. Did anyone else book given so much activity? As bad as that storm must have been for those unfortunate people on the ship, do you think the publicity made the ship more popular? When I was on the phone with RCL this morning, I could not get the two cabins close. DW and I are on deck 12 and DW(18) and her friend are on deck 11. In case anyone asks, we are doing traditional dynamic dining, late seating; we will dress up for formal night (and require the same of the girls); and will tip our stewards, bartenders and servers. Sorry, could not resist. :)
Enjoy your cruise.....K.O.:)

Which 4 venues does it rotate through? How does that work. Is there an early traditional dining time?

Early "dynamic classic" dining has been 5:30 as of late. Alternatively, you can do "Dynamic Choice" dining and either make reservations online or onboard (recommended that you reserve as some of them fill up early), or take your chances showing up when you want to eat. It gives you more flexibility with dining times but you won't have the same server following you from restaurant to restaurant.

The free restaurants that it rotates through are American Icon, Silk, Chic, and The Grande (the formal restaurant). If you book dynamic classic, they will pre-assign your rotation schedule so whichever restaurant you eat on the first night will repeat on the last night.

The Solarium Bistro is classified as a specialty restaurant but is free as well so you could make a reservation there. That one has a salad and appetizer buffet, a served entree, and a dessert buffet. The food is Mediterranean style. I really enjoyed eating there last week.