Perth/Freemantle Accommodation

We stayed at the Goodearth Hotel in Perth recently. Nothing flash but fairly convenient, big rooms and restaurant. Look around hotel websites for the best price. We went through Hotels.com .

Steve.

Fremantle, not Freemantle .

The heading may have been spelt wrongly but in the enquiry as asked, it was correct. A little bit too picky? We sometimes use devices that we correctly type our words but an auto correct makes changes.

We all know where the OP meant. It's not a spelling competition here.

We have stayed in Perth at Miss Maud's Swiss Hotel. Quaint, clean and a buffet breakfast included. It's near the mall in Perth.

Not intending to run down my own State, but until the last year or two the mining boom meant that the price of everything, including accommodation, went sky high.

The boom has evaporated, but some hoteliers are still living in a nostalgic dream world where nothing has changed and they can continue to charge rip off prices without a conscience.

The only people they can fool these days are the tourists.

The standard of accommodation here is always acceptable, some better than others, but

it pays to shop around, use tripadvisor read reviews and compare. You could save yourself a lot of money that way.

Don't be put off if the place you chose is a kilometer or two out of town. public transport in Perth and Fremantle is good close to the city, roads are excellent and short term car hire is easily available.

Perth and it's metropolitan area, including Fremantle, is situated on a coastal sand plain, stretching about 30Kms wide and 120Kms long. To properly see the place, including travelling to the Margaret River region (south 250Kms) and the Pinnacles (north 250Kms) you will do it with more flexibility and more cheaply with a hire car and a roadmap or GPS. If you are comfortable driving on the left, go for it.

Tourist sites and places are well worth visiting, but they are far apart, with little between them, so a vehicle is essential unless you want to pay through the nose, or simply stay in the central city area. There is plenty to see and visit there too.

I can't recommend it because we haven't stayed yet, but I've booked Be in Fremantle ahead of our cruise. The location is beautiful and will put us in the holiday mood, and the reviews are good.

As Obilix said, prices are extortionate, I've stayed in decent apartments in London and Paris for less!

The Esplanade Hotel - Fremantle, located very well close to everything worth seeing in town, lots of eateries and close to the water. A $10 cab to the dock or a twenty minute walk. You can pick up some cheaper accommodation but it is a holiday so you may as well have the convenience for location.:D

Depends on your budget and circumstances.

Parmelia Hilton - very close to city centre and places to eat, rooms a bit dated but nice, taxi rank outside, walk down the hill to Elizabeth Quay/Bell Tower/ferry stop, so great location. Can be pricey.

Hyatt - by far my favourite but I can very rarely afford it. Further from town but the red CAT (central area transit) bus is one street up and one across, so need to walk a bit. Rooms are delightful and so is the view over the river.

Novotel Langley and Pan Pacific are opposite each other and comparable. Staff are nice, rooms are reasonable (and can get deals on Wotif etc), comfy beds and lovely staff. Pan Pacific has an amazing High Tea downstairs that is worth the price especially if you like unlimited bubbles. Novotel wins for me simply because you can often get breakfast included and it's a FULL buffet breakfast - eggs, bacon, juices, omelettes, proper coffee barista, the lot. We rarely eat lunch when staying there. I also LOVE the spas at the top of the hotel, beautiful view over the river. My kids also loved staying here, there's computer games in the lobby and they stayed for a reduced rate. Again, both are a block from the red CAT bus route which is handy.

Adina Barrack St is great for two couples, as it's got two bedroom suites and right in the city.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I also stay often in Alderney on Hay, serviced apartments so not as many bells and whistles (make sure you wash the dishes and take the trash out), but very cheap rates and a 2 bedroom apartment with comfy beds. Just don't try sleeping on the sofa bed.

If you don't have back issues and aren't too picky about perfect beds, I've enjoyed my stays at Criterion, and very well priced and right in the city. My husband finds the beds hit and miss though.

Fremantle I don't know well for accommodation, but the train station from Perth is really close to the passenger terminal.

We stayed at the Pensione hotel in Pier street opposite Miss Maud's when we did our cruise from Perth last year. Although the room was compact we were delighted with it and the standard of customer service from the staff was as good as it gets. The hotel is close to the Perth station which we used to go to Fremantle to join the ship and in a good location.

We are also looking same area but hotel needs to be wheelchair friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you need wheelchair friendly, the Esplanade in Fremantle will be good for you. Good location, easy access.

We stayed there recently as we had a wedding to attend in Fremantle, my friend is in a wheelchair and also used this hotel.

I also stay often in Alderney on Hay, serviced apartments so not as many bells and whistles (make sure you wash the dishes and take the trash out), but very cheap rates and a 2 bedroom apartment with comfy beds. Just don't try sleeping on the sofa bed.

If you don't have back issues and aren't too picky about perfect beds, I've enjoyed my stays at Criterion, and very well priced and right in the city. My husband finds the beds hit and miss though.

Fremantle I don't know well for accommodation, but the train station from Perth is really close to the passenger terminal.

Note that the station may be close but you will have to walk the long way around and then have roads and stairs to contend with. If someone has mobility issues, or has to contend with heavy luggage, then a cab may be best.