Another Anthem Dining Question

Nana57

I was just looking at my choices of restaurants that are complimentary. Is it the same menu every day in that restaurant or do they change it? Looking at these menus, for the complimentary restaurants, don't see anything that appeals to me for the 11 nights. What restaurants do you recommend and how many times did you visit them?

If you are looking at the menus on RCCL's website they only give you a sample of what the menu can be. Also Anthem has been updating their menus and what is on their website may not be correct any longer or at least partially correct. From what I have seen there are options that are always on the menus (under classic selections) if the other items do not appeal to you or there is always the Windjammer buffet. You can always ask to leave off a sauce that doesn't appeal to you

Haven't sailed on the ship yet but am booked and from what I have read the menus are the same night 1, 2, 3, 4 then change for night 5, 6, 7, 8 then change again to the first set if on a longer cruise

Here is a link to menus posted during a January 2016 sailing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2305042

Hopefully some on the current cruise will come back with photos of the menus.

Last I heard, the menus change once per cruise.

i heard from other it change like once or twice. When i was on the jan3 cruise it never got change. i like grande and american icon grill. There is alway another dish to try if you are open minded.

Thank you jonj for posting that. I was wondering how could it be such a limited menu. We're used to cruising on the smaller ships and this is very confusing having to book everything before we go. This will be very different for us.

Thank you jonj for posting that. I was wondering how could it be such a limited menu. We're used to cruising on the smaller ships and this is very confusing having to book everything before we go. This will be very different for us.

I'm still trying to figure out why Dynamic Dining is supposed to be an improvement over My Time.:confused:

Edited by clarea

I'm still trying to figure out why Dynamic Dining is supposed to be an improvement over My Time.:confused:

Personally, I don't think it is. I think its something different and more "modern" that appeals to a new set of cruisers, but I don't necessarily think its an upgrade from the regular dining room that offers both traditional and MTD. But lets not turn this into another debate about DD, as I think we're finally past that. ;) I'm willing to try DD, but I don't think its going to be anything amazing. With that said, the amount of options never really struck me as a problem.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I don't think it's an improvement because Dynamic Dining Choice is handled the same as MTD. The only difference is you get to select which restaurant you want to eat in and when. You don't get the themed menus like you do with MTD. But......those menus are getting really old and need to be changed.

Since DD Choice and DD Classic are only available on Quantum Class, for us, it means entirely new menus in each of the 4 rotating restaurants. Since we are easy to please we can always find something on the menu that appeals to us.

I don't think it's an improvement because Dynamic Dining Choice is handled the same as MTD. The only difference is you get to select which restaurant you want to eat in and when. You don't get the themed menus like you do with MTD. But......those menus are getting really old and need to be changed.

Since DD Choice and DD Classic are only available on Quantum Class, for us, it means entirely new menus in each of the 4 rotating restaurants. Since we are easy to please we can always find something on the menu that appeals to us.

Initially, I thought it was an economy move by the cruise line to limit menus to 4 different menus (1 for each "free" restaurant). I thought perhaps it would be more efficient if a restaurant had the same menu each night. Maybe it's still more efficient, even with two menus per restaurant per cruise.

I agree with you that the present MDR menus on other ships are getting old, and we find ourselves going to WJ more and more.

Personally, I don't think it is. I think its something different and more "modern" that appeals to a new set of cruisers, but I don't necessarily think its an upgrade from the regular dining room that offers both traditional and MTD. But lets not turn this into another debate about DD, as I think we're finally past that. ;) I'm willing to try DD, but I don't think its going to be anything amazing. With that said, the amount of options never really struck me as a problem.

I agree. they should eliminate DD out. They should just used the word Choice time or Classic time.

i heard from other it change like once or twice. When i was on the jan3 cruise it never got change. i like grande and american icon grill. There is alway another dish to try if you are open minded.

Interesting - my post above with a link to another posters info on the menus he was on the same January 3rd cruise and posted both Menu A and Menu B so it seems it did change

Interesting - my post above with a link to another posters info on the menus he was on the same January 3rd cruise and posted both Menu A and Menu B so it seems it did change

Yes, we were on the Jan 3rd Anthem cruise and the menu in the restaurants we dined in did change for the middle four days and we ate in all. The first and last four days periods had the same menu in each restaurant on this 12 night cruise.

Edited by robtulipe

Guest maddycat

We enjoyed DD on the Quantum last April and are looking forward to it when we sail on the Anthem this April. We liked going to the different restaurants, having different wait staff and having different menus. We like having choices, variety.

Just got back from Feb 6 sailing. I liked Chic the best . It was unfortunate we ate there the last night because I would have liked to revisit it. Ate at the Grande twice. I liked American Icon the least although my husband said the crab cake and clam chowder our excellent. They are also on the lunch menu.