Shore Ex in St Thomas, Martin, and San Juan

laserboi

Welcome. See you are new to Cruise critic. Two suggestions - from the Celebrity board - boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 search for your ports.

Second there are hundreds of posts in the port section further down on the first forum page below the cruise line section and probably lots more on the Roll call for your ship including private tours.

Hi All:

Any suggested shore ex for these three ports? Am thinking of the private beach one in ST.

thanks

My sister-in-law and I did the St. Thomas Secret Sands excursion and we loved it. The only flaw is that your beach time is limited because they time the excursion so a morning and afternoon group can be accomodated. As our morning group was piling onto a bus to return to the port, another group was arriving.

Hi All:

Any suggested shore ex for these three ports? Am thinking of the private beach one in ST.

thanks

You are going to get 100000000 responses! Bottom line.

St. Thomas - Duty Free shopping is most peoples' main goal. Fragrances and liquor being key. Megan's Bay (it was a Travel and Leisure top beach 20 years ago) but now is a tourist trap as 1000's descend on it with each cruise. Spend $25 for a DiGiorno frozen pizza.

St. Martin - Go to Orient Beach and sit at Bikini Beach. Ask for Eric. Great loungers, beach side beverage service, a terrific lunch. Can't be beat. In the mood to shop? Don't miss the Guavaberry Emporium for amazing hot sauces and the Amsterdam Cheese Shop.

Enjoy!

Hi

You don't provide details like ship and dates, but when we were in PR last year, we booked via our club membership (rhymes with bosco). They offer shore excursions with discounts to members but anyone can book with them. We did a San Juan walking/food tour that was excellent. We ate our way around SJ while the guide (Carmen, who was terrific) took us to historic places and explained all about them. It was great--we had breakfast/coffee, ice cream, lunch (where we made our own mole's), and pina coladas, plus stops for chips/salsa and chocolate. i would do that tour again in a second.

St Thomas we usually do a cat sail and snorkel to St John, thru ship or private.

Good luck, those are all nice stops.

ML

Edited by NoWhiners

We did a ship tour of St. Thomas a few years ago, that hit all the highlights and dropped us at Blackbeards Castle - It was through NCL.

We did Bernards Tour in St. Maarten, and it still remains one our our family's favorites!

St. Juan - we went to the Bacardi Factory and went to one of the forts, but I don't remember the fort name? This was another excursion thru NCL.

Enjoy, and report back what you decide!!

San Juan- You actually won't need one, your ship docks in Old San juan, walking distance from all of the forts and the shopping. You could do an excursion to the Bacardi Rum Factory, or El Yunque, but I personally love Old San Juan, especially on your first visit

St.Thomas- You can do an excursion to St.John, though that is an all-day thing. They have many island tours. But if you want to shop, or go to Paradise point, or go to a beach including Magen's, it's cheaper and easier to just do it on your own and use the port-regulated taxi buses

St.Maarten- They have the sailing Regatta here. Lots of regular excursions to go snorkeling and whatnot. The water taxi will take you to orient bay and Phillipsburg. You can also taxi to Maho Beach for the planes, or Mullet or Orient Beaches (maybe even a nude beach if that's up your alley) for the day.

I hoped this helped!