Keep hearing of all these issues at Port Everglades, getting nervous!!

crazyboutdisney

I am sailing out of Port Everglades in March with my daughter, my friend and her daughter. In a huge error when we booked our flights we booked out of Miami rather than Ft Lauderdale, which did end up being cheaper (long story, dont ask lol) Our flight is at 1215pm! We have a limo service picking us up and we plan on doing self assist off the ship but I am starting to get a bit nervous as I keep reading all these stories of long delays disembarking. Should I be worried???

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale last February and did self assist off with no problem, no wait. Has something changed there??

I am sailing out of Port Everglades in March with my daughter, my friend and her daughter. In a huge error when we booked our flights we booked out of Miami rather than Ft Lauderdale, which did end up being cheaper (long story, dont ask lol) Our flight is at 1215pm! We have a limo service picking us up and we plan on doing self assist off the ship but I am starting to get a bit nervous as I keep reading all these stories of long delays disembarking. Should I be worried???

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale last February and did self assist off with no problem, no wait. Has something changed there??

Self assist, prearrange transportation and shouldn't have a problem. The only uncontrollable delay would be the ship not being cleared in time or out of the ordinary traffic on the way to Miami.

It's been a few years since I've sailed out of Port Everglades, but with self-assist I'm betting you'll be fine. We DIDN'T do self-assist and still left the port around 0930. I wouldn't worry. If there are lines to go through immigration, grab a Porter and you'll go right to the front of the line. Well worth the $10 tip. Definitely don't let it put a damper on your cruise.

It's been a few years since I've sailed out of Port Everglades, but with self-assist I'm betting you'll be fine. We DIDN'T do self-assist and still left the port around 0930. I wouldn't worry. If there are lines to go through immigration, grab a Porter and you'll go right to the front of the line. Well worth the $10 tip. Definitely don't let it put a damper on your cruise.

Last week getting off Oasis, the porters were waiting in the same lines as everyone else. No " taking cuts ".....

No longer true on the porter getting to skip to the front at Port Everglades. Last week we used a porter who told us he would meet us at the front after we made it through customs. He got an 80 minute break to talk with the other guys since we also saw he didn't abandon our luggage to get other tips stacked while he waited on the ridiculous line. Do self assist, it's absolutely your best bet.

Definitely doing self assist!! Thanks for the input. If we miss our flight, we miss it I guess. Its actually cheaper to make a change the day of the flight than if we wanted to switch prior. We are flying American and the fees were NUTS to change it when we realized what we did. Which is why I love Southwest. lol

Definitely doing self assist!! Thanks for the input. If we miss our flight, we miss it I guess. Its actually cheaper to make a change the day of the flight than if we wanted to switch prior. We are flying American and the fees were NUTS to change it when we realized what we did. Which is why I love Southwest. lol

You will make it, have faith, be organized, get luggage together the night before, have a plan and relax.

I learned that stressing that last day getting off the ship and to the airport almost ruins the relaxation of that week entirely. We now book later flights (even if it means we get home late) or stay another day. It really is amazing to not have to rush that last day.

I understand the ship being late could happen. I just started getting concerned that something has changed in Port Everglades when I kept reading about customs issues. When we sailed from there last February we had no issue boarding and were on the ship w cocktails by 1230! And we were off the ship , thru customs and waiting for our shuttle by 8 am and we didn't even rush.

Maybe whether the porter is able to take one and their luggage to the front of the line depends upon the terminal. At Pier 26 in January, I engaged a porter and he and another porter who had a customer went to a separate line for us to clear Customs/Immigration. The port agency person "directing traffic" at the front of the line even directed him to take us to a different Customs booth that was several feel further away from the one closest to us. The gentleman even took us and luggage to our car in the Mid-Port Parking Garage. I gave him a much more generous tip than $10. It was well deserved!

Your flight time should be OK, particularly if you are among an early group leaving the ship.

No longer true on the porter getting to skip to the front at Port Everglades. Last week we used a porter who told us he would meet us at the front after we made it through customs. He got an 80 minute break to talk with the other guys since we also saw he didn't abandon our luggage to get other tips stacked while he waited on the ridiculous line. Do self assist, it's absolutely your best bet.

Well shoot! Good to know, thank you