Cove balconies - No sun? How to find where bed is located?

tbmrt

Looking to book a Cove Balcony on Breeze, but so confused after reading lots of posts.

Do any of the Cove balconies (without galley overhead) get any sun?

Also, how can I choose a cabin with couch near balcony? I don't see any indication of this on deck plans.

Thanks

Basically all the cove balconies are configured the same way and bed is always nearer the balcony (with door nearest to foot of bed if that makes sense?)

All coves are 'covered' but you will get sunshine 'slanting' in and closer to the railings? You can try and google or find some pics of the balconies so you can see what they look like!

see here: https://www.google.ca/search?q=carnival+cove+balconies&biw=1533&bih=680&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi--8Tqjf3KAhUpnoMKHTpDC5oQsAQIGg

Edited by Froufie

Hi, tbmrt!

I am pretty sure on NCL Dawn together in 2011!

We booked a cove on Magic for November. I did extensive research before we booked. There are about 6 coves on each side of the ship that do not have lifeboats overhead. We booked 2309 for this reason. They are more forward, so not under the galley either.

So, my recommendation is to choose one of the following, if you do not want the large lifeboats overhead (First try for the * ones, as they are not connecting):

2309*

2315*

2284*

2288*

You can see those cabins in this picture: 10th cove from the front and on:

image.jpg4_zpstzerjemk.jpg

Looking to book a Cove Balcony on Breeze, but so confused after reading lots of posts.

Also, how can I choose a cabin with couch near balcony? I don't see any indication of this on deck plans.

Thanks

Because the cove balconies are recessed, none of them will get direct sunlight for any length of time, unlike a regular balcony that sticks out. We had #2268 on the Breeze. No lifeboat directly overhead, and it's located under the Excursions Desk area rather than the galley or MDR. No noise from above, but we did have some noisy neighbors next to us. It's also close to the gangway, so it's a great spot to watch for pier runners when in port. There was really only one down side to this cabin's location. We spent most of our time on the Lido Deck, and it's a loooong walk to and from the Aft elevator. And, something else to keep in mind. The forward and mid elevators are the busiest, especially on Embarkation and Debarkation days. I don't think you could pick a better one, if you don't mind the walk.

Hi, tbmrt!

I am pretty sure on NCL Dawn together in 2011!

We booked a cove on Magic for November. I did extensive research before we booked. There are about 6 coves on each side of the ship that do not have lifeboats overhead. We booked 2309 for this reason. They are more forward, so not under the galley either.

So, my recommendation is to choose one of the following, if you do not want the large lifeboats overhead (First try for the * ones, as they are not connecting):

2309*

2315*

2284*

2288*

You can see those cabins in this picture: 10th cove from the front and on:

image.jpg4_zpstzerjemk.jpg

Thanks so much. I had booked a cabin before reading this (2325) for 9/18 Dream out of New Orleans. Guess I'll make do with the "shade".

Hopefully, our cruise paths will cross some day!

Barbara

Thanks

I just cruised the Dream, cabin 2256. Here is a link to pictures of that cabin.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/slideshow-cabinpics.php?ship=Carnival%20Dream&cabin=2256

I just cruised the Dream, cabin 2256. Here is a link to pictures of that cabin.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/slideshow-cabinpics.php?ship=Carnival%20Dream&cabin=2256

My husband and I stayed in that cabin the last week of October! Love the location. Would book it again in a heartbeat. Was Jimmy your steward? We thought he was fantastic.

And I'm assuming that the date is off on your pictures?

Thanks so much. I had booked a cabin before reading this (2325) for 9/18 Dream out of New Orleans. Guess I'll make do with the "shade".

Hopefully, our cruise paths will cross some day!

Barbara

Funny that's our cabin in June! Watch for the review I guess!!

Thanks

I have sailed 3 times on the Breeze in a cove balcony and all 3 times the couch was closer to the shower end of the cabin. I don't think any of them are near the balcony.

Our first cove was closer to the back of the ship and we seemed to have more sun back there.

One thing to consider is that even if you don't have a lifeboat overhead, you won't be able to get much of a tan. But, the same is true for almost all other balconies on the ship. Only the ones without a covering over them (the ones at the very top & maybe the extended aft ones) will allow you to get any kind of a tan. This is because the premium times for getting a tan are about 10am-2pm, and at those times, there aren't any balconies getting any sun, except the uncovered ones. Also, you can't really lay out on these balconies. With this in mind, you still need to go up on deck if you want to get any kind of a tan. This is why I actually love having the lifeboat overhead. The shade makes it much more comfortable out on the balcony. I don't mind a lot of heat, but not on the balcony. There's no pool near my balcony.

We had sunshine on cove balcony on the Breeze. Sometimes in the morning, and other times in the afternoon. I remember it was for a few hours maybe? Obviously one of the biggest factors is going to be which way the ship is going... we loved the privacy of the cove and the closeness to the water. Our bed was next to the window, couch near the shower.

We had a cove last year on the Breeze and while the cove may have more foot room, I enjoy the regular balconies better. More sun and I like how it's more "open." Plus, I enjoy being higher up on the ship. A quick run up a couple flights of stairs, I can grab some snacks/drinks from the lido deck and be right back to my cabin.