Port Canaveral to Downtown disney

Toya1228

Hello,

I had a couple of question with the hopes that someone could help me try and plan something for our stop in Port Canaveral. We are leaving on the NCL Breakaway from NYC and one of the stops is Port Canaveral. There are 6 of us total. I would love to go to Disney but after reading some reviews I see that it is not really worth it for such a short amount of time. I wondered about taking the NCL transfer to Disney and just going to Downtown Disney (I think the new name is Disney Springs but not sure). Will this work? Has anyone tried it? I would not mind renting a van but then I would have to get 2 car seats since I am bringing my 2 and 4 year old with us and i rather not chance it because my luck would be that we end up late and missing the ship. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

If the NCL transfer is just transportation, I don't see anything wrong with this. I don't know how many hours you would be stuck at Downtown Disney, but I think I'd have seen enough after 3 hours or so.

Well I guess this plan would not work if the transfer only picks up and drops off at a certain time. That would mean we could be stuck there for 5 or more hours. I just wondered what else we could do with the kids that did not cost $200 per person almost and the kids are to small to really get on any rides. I guess the rental car is the best then. Or maybe if I can find a shuttle service that can take us and pick us up at the time we request. Well if anyone has any suggestions on things to do while in Port Canaveral I am up for suggestions. Thanks

Well I guess this plan would not work if the transfer only picks up and drops off at a certain time. That would mean we could be stuck there for 5 or more hours. I just wondered what else we could do with the kids that did not cost $200 per person almost and the kids are to small to really get on any rides. I guess the rental car is the best then. Or maybe if I can find a shuttle service that can take us and pick us up at the time we request. Well if anyone has any suggestions on things to do while in Port Canaveral I am up for suggestions. Thanks

Kenndy Space Center is much closer and would be interesting. You could easily spend 3 hours there.

If you want to consider a beach day, Jetty Park is right there at PC. There is obviously a beach, a small store, equipment rentals such as bikes, kayaks, boogie boards chairs and umbrellas, etc. Plus there is a nice playground for the youngsters and a fishing pier where we have watched turtles, rays, dolphins and other critters.

Also agree with Kennedy Space Center.

Hello,

I had a couple of question with the hopes that someone could help me try and plan something for our stop in Port Canaveral. We are leaving on the NCL Breakaway from NYC and one of the stops is Port Canaveral. There are 6 of us total. I would love to go to Disney but after reading some reviews I see that it is not really worth it for such a short amount of time. I wondered about taking the NCL transfer to Disney and just going to Downtown Disney (I think the new name is Disney Springs but not sure). Will this work? Has anyone tried it? I would not mind renting a van but then I would have to get 2 car seats since I am bringing my 2 and 4 year old with us and i rather not chance it because my luck would be that we end up late and missing the ship. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

We live close to Cape Canaveral. What date will you be in town? We have toyed with the idea of opening our home for the day to cruisers. You would be able to use our kayaks, canoes, swimming pool and fish right in our backyard. We live in a gate community.

ages 2 and 4

prime ages for Brevard Zoo

and the dinosaur store

Thanks. I was thinking about the zoo. So I guess I need to find a shuttle to get us there and back. We dock at 1 pm and leave at 9. I don't really like those times but oh well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was thinking about the zoo. So I guess I need to find a shuttle to get us there and back. We dock at 1 pm and leave at 9. I don't really like those times but oh well....

I'd look into renting a minivan. I know Avis rents car seats too.

The only problem with the rental is that the shuttle ends at 3 pm. So then we would have to all catch a cab back around 7 pm. But it is an option.

I'd also check when the rental office closes. I know this is not a big deal to others, but I don't like leaving a rental car at a closed office.

Yup that's also an issue. I called a couple of them and they close at 4. I don't think my kids would be interested in Kennedy Space Center. But the love animas so the zoo might be the best bet and I will see about hiring a driver or shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess this plan would not work if the transfer only picks up and drops off at a certain time. That would mean we could be stuck there for 5 or more hours.

We love to be stuck with our kids at Disney Springs for 5 or more hours. :D I guess it just depends on what you and your kids like. We go there before and/or after every cruise out of Canaveral or Tampa even without our kids.

We love to be stuck with our kids at Disney Springs for 5 or more hours. :D I guess it just depends on what you and your kids like. We go there before and/or after every cruise out of Canaveral or Tampa even without our kids.

Well I looked online and I did not see that much for us to do other than shop and eat. I would love it but I know my 2 and 4 year old might get tired of that. Maybe I am missing something. My husband wanted to do Sea world but it is just that time frame that we get to Orlando. After picking up the rental and driving to Sea world it will be about 3 or so in the afternoon. The rental car place closes at 4 pm. I dont really feel that comfortable leaving the car in an after hours box and if they have any questions they would not be able to contact me for another 4 or 5 days. This is the only port that I am having issues with. :confused::confused::confused:

I have another question. If I rent a van on the day we stop in Port Canaveral and drop it off after hours (since we get to port at 1 pm and leave at 9 pm), is there a reliable cab company that anyone knows of that could pick up 6 people. I would rather not hire 2 cabs. I am thinking Sea World would be our best choice with renting a car. If we get to Sea World by 2 and leave by 6 we should be pretty good. I am so scared of missing the ship so I want to be back really early. Thanks for any suggestions

I have another question. If I rent a van on the day we stop in Port Canaveral and drop it off after hours (since we get to port at 1 pm and leave at 9 pm), is there a reliable cab company that anyone knows of that could pick up 6 people. I would rather not hire 2 cabs. I am thinking Sea World would be our best choice with renting a car. If we get to Sea World by 2 and leave by 6 we should be pretty good. I am so scared of missing the ship so I want to be back really early. Thanks for any suggestions

888-transport. Their office is near the Port and they have a hail station at your cruise terminal. I would drop the family at the ship and ask a cab at the ship terminal to follow me to the rental car building!