Past cruise costs

cruisenewbie1

If you paid with credit card then I would think you could look at your credit card statement. However, that gets complicated if you made payments over a long period or if you had a deposit and can't remember the amount. I know when I booked with Celebrity and RCCL I got an email with very detailed documentation of the booking, including price. However, I don't know if I get that when I book Carnival since I book them online and the emails go to my husband.

How about checking your bank statement or credit card statement? If a large portion of your cruise expense was paid in cash then a copy of your S&S statement is the only way to find out. There was a time that Carnival slipped it in your mailbox or under your door but now days they are easily obtained from the kiosks.

If you didn't save them then calling Carnival is the only way I can think of to find your costs. Now, I wonder how far back they keep records?

the only way i've done this is by looking back at my credit card statements. I wish i would have saved confirmation emails or other documentation. i'd like to see how the costs keep increasing over the years :rolleyes: i remember 5 yrs ago a balcony on the liberty out of miami was $589pp... i don't see prices like that these days...

I did some paper searching and found what our costs were for our cruise in 2013. It was a 7 day cruise on the Freedom in a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. Total cost for cruise, insurance, taxes and gratuities was $2670.82.

We have a cruise booked for Feb, 2017 on the Conquest. It's an 8 day in a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. Total cost for cruise, insurance, taxes and gratuities is $3100.26.

So, for being a one day cruise more, the price hasn't really gone up that much in four years.

I have my old cruises in an email but I have yahoo mail and never delete my mail. I actually have a folder where I put all of my vacation confirmation emails into that folder and can always look at them later. I have all my confirmation emails from carnival from 2011 which was my first cruise.

I was curious, so I looked all of mine up in my email. I keep every email, and keep them organized by vacation, so it was pretty quick to look them up. After our first cruise, we've booked every other one Early Saver, and always had price drops and/or upgrades. All of the totals are for 2 people, and all of the cruises have been during peak spring break time--the week after Easter when many schools across the country are out. Here's how my cruises compare, including stateroom categories:

year | length | initial rate | final rate | cost per person/per day

2009: | 5 day | $858 (IS) | $858 (IS) | $86

2012: | 6 day | $818 (4A) | $778 (6C) | $65

2013: | 7 day | $1368 (4B) | $898 (4G) | $64

2015: | 4 day | $758 (4D) | $738 (4D) | $92

2016: | 7 day | $1438 (4H) | $1358 (4H) | $97

For the 2016 cruise, we are still 36 days out. Given our past experience, I am still hoping for a price drop or two, but know that may not happen. You bet I check every day, though...sometimes multiple times per day! :D

Edited by violetsmile