Military Discounts-Still Offered?

MAGNUM PI

Was wondering if the military discounts are still occasionally offered?

I have not cruised in three years, that's why I am asking.

Over the years, I have received some fabulous discounts. Carnival has been the leader in this program, IMO. I much prefer the previous website format, for checking rates. But it still reflects if it's available.

I constantly check for military discounts, and have yet to find one. Hope their awesome program is still active?

Got lucky once on Celebrity; received a $3,000 discount on a Sunset Verandah balcony cabin-aft location. Said I would need to show military documentation, at pier check-in, to get that rate. I never actually submitted or presented any such proof. Based solely on my word, that I was eligible.

Like I mentioned, Carnival has been a "pioneer", in acknowledging military veterans. It has been sincerely appreciated.

Edited by MAGNUM PI

Yes, right now...the Early Saver rates have been the same, as military. Maybe when it's closer to the cruise, and Early Saver isn't available? Our family group of 10, is going on a March 2017 Magic cruise, so we booked the Early Saver.

Yes, right now...the Early Saver rates have been the same, as military. Maybe when it's closer to the cruise, and Early Saver isn't available? Our family group of 10, is going on a March 2017 Magic cruise, so we booked the Early Saver.

Same - when it's early saver, there is no change in fare between senior, military, early...the box to check is there but I don't think it helps - regardless of the site you book through either.

Military rates are available on both of our Carnival cruises but Early rate is better.

I must say that I do not agree that Carnival has the best military deals.

Have you checked out Princess military deals? They offer them for every cruise and for each person in the cabin up to 2 people.

Here is what Princess offers:

Princess's Military Benefits: Free Onboard Spending Money*

Cruise Length Amount 14 days or longer $250 per person

7 – 13 days $100 per person

6 days or less $50 per person

I prefer significant discount on cabin price, versus OBC.

The Celebrity cruise was a 14 day, saved $3,000 off the "best fare price" of $5,000. Paid $2,000 for one of the most sought after cabins, on the ship. Would never had booked it, without military discount.

My on board expenses are limited. I do not buy alcohol,

Make purchases, etc.

Never considered Princess, but OBC would not sway me to book them. Nice they do offer it, on every cruise.

While the OBC with Princess is nice, make sure you understand that the OBC is only for the eligible military personnel. If you have a couple in a cabin on a 7 nt. cruise and only one qualifies for the military OBC, you would only get $100.00 (not $100.00 per person). Just wanted to clarify that.

Yep, there are still isolated cases where the military discount is significantly less than the Early Saver fares or offer cabin upgrades that the ES fares don't have. One benefit RCI cruises also have is firefighter discounts, which I also qualify for, but I prefer cruising with Carnival instead.

Also check USAA.Com they have a travel company(explorecruiseandtravel) that offers great deals on cruises and other types of travel. Got a 4 night out of Los Angeles for 4 people( 2adults/2kids) in May at $982 Oceanview cabin. Less than $250pp. Just a suggestion to check out. Received better rates when calling verses online quotes.

Edited by ccw2891
add

According to my PVP the military sale typically happens in May (near memorial day) and November

Military pricing is offered throughout the year for different ships and sail dates. In May and November Carnival will usually run a special where the veteran can reserve a cabin for themselves PLUS 2 additional cabins. I think the additional cabins are slightly more, but still less expensive than other rate codes.

Was wondering if the military discounts are still occasionally offered?

I have not cruised in three years, that's why I am asking.

Over the years, I have received some fabulous discounts. Carnival has been the leader in this program, IMO. I much prefer the previous website format, for checking rates. But it still reflects if it's available.

I constantly check for military discounts, and have yet to find one. Hope their awesome program is still active?

Got lucky once on Celebrity; received a $3,000 discount on a Sunset Verandah balcony cabin-aft location. Said I would need to show military documentation, at pier check-in, to get that rate. I never actually submitted or presented any such proof. Based solely on my word, that I was eligible.

Like I mentioned, Carnival has been a "pioneer", in acknowledging military veterans. It has been sincerely appreciated.

I always check the " Military Rate" and last summer they had a great deal. This year, other rates were better.