Carnival Elation Dry Dock

kybluecruiser

Just saw the updated dry dock schedule. Elation will be in dry dock for almost a month.

"Carnival Elation Dry Dock: 8/31/17 - 9/27/17

Additional details are not available at this time."

Wonder if this means she will be getting the sunshine treatment and finally getting rid of those corner boxes in the staterooms.

Just saw the updated dry dock schedule. Elation will be in dry dock for almost a month.

Wonder if this means she will be getting the sunshine treatment and finally getting rid of those corner boxes in the staterooms.

Where do you get the Dry Dock Schedule?

Since this is such a long dry dock maybe she is getting the balconies added like most of the other Fantasy class ships did a few years back.

We were a little disappointed when we found out she was replacing Fascination and didn't have the balconies.

We were on the Elation the second cruise out of dry dock in 2014. They were still replacing carpet at ports. One day on the lido buffet area, they started replacing tiles. It was weird. Thr boxes are still in staterooms and very much in the way. It's a very tired and worn out ship. We had a great and very memorable time but it was our least favorite ship thus far.

We went on the Elation in June 2012 and she needed some updates. We said back then that we would not sail her again until she got some upgrades. We also sailed the Elation in 2004 and she looked the same in 2012 except the Serenity deck was added. I am thinking that they are going to do a complete makeover of the ship and add some 2.0 upgrades. The cabins were really showing some wear and tear especially the dated bathroom. I bet they are going to renovate all of the cabins as well.

After years of rumbling about selling members of the Fantasy class, it seems that Carnival is changing course and re-investing in them.

This will be truly interesting to follow. A 1 month dry dock is a long time out of service. That's far longer than they need for new carpet and 2.0 upgrades. Very very curious as to what they are doing with the ship.

After years of rumbling about selling members of the Fantasy class, it seems that Carnival is changing course and re-investing in them.

This will be truly interesting to follow. A 1 month dry dock is a long time out of service. That's far longer than they need for new carpet and 2.0 upgrades. Very very curious as to what they are doing with the ship.

I cant wait to hear what the plans are too.

when you consider the following for the two week Fantasy dry dock:

Carnival Fantasy Dry Dock: 2/06/16 - 2/20/16

Confirmed upgrades will include:

•Guy's Burger Joint

•BlueIguana Cantina

•Redfrog Rum Bar

•BlueIguana Tequila Bar

I would suspect that the Elation will get these upgrades plus new carpet and décor in common areas and new hotel/room features during her 1 month dry dock.

• 8 months later...

That's what I'm hoping for too. I saw on one site in my searching it's supposed to get 2.0.. but what parts, lol? I don't think any of the fantasy class got the big screens... and I'd rather see the waterworks added over guys burgers. We miss the nachos from the regular "grill"!

They should implode the old clunker.

I asked JH a couple of months ago and he gave the standard answer that he would let us know as soon as he knew. They typically don't say until very close to time. I don't know if they don't know for sure or just won't say in case something changes. We are booked in August 2017, the next to last sailing before dry dock, then again in April 2018. So we will get to do a comparison. Have never sailed Elation before so excited to do a before and after, especially the after. For sure you would hope a water works...that read deck looks pitiful. I am hoping for a red frog pub. The one time we sailed on a ship with one, we really enjoyed hanging out there. It seems like a better use of space than a night club. Fingers crossed!

• 6 months later...

Sailed in Elation Dec 2016, the staff was amazing and everything was very clean, but outdated to say the least. Our tv was old and very small. The bathroom was in rough shape. Pipes under sink leaked with tape around it and shower head kept falling off. The ac was also broke about 90% of the time. We are booked for Nov. 2017 so I'm definitely loooking for some upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

On Carnivals website you can click on different activities/ dining. Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Guy's, and Waterworks list Elation as "coming soon". I assume that is a part of the dry dock. I was hoping for a Seaside Theater. Movies and snacks at night under the stars is pretty relaxing.

So glad I found this thread. I put a deposit down on the Elation for September 2018 last night. You can get a guarantee on Balcony's. But when I called. the reservation clerk did not know about it. We talked about a dry dock..........And I wound up getting an Ocean view because I would have had to put down $300 for the balcony instead of $99..$49 PP. for the OV.

But I am going to watch what happens.

So YES. The Elation is getting balconies.

Do the balconies on Fascination have Sofas?

Do they have mini fridges? ( for meds)

Are the obstructed Mini Suites very obstructed or just a little?

It will be our 45th wedding anniversary so I might splurge a little.

And it will be our 20th cruise on Carnival.

I love the $49 deposit deal. I just made final payment on a Magic cruise in 2 months which I put one down on in early 2016, As soon as schedule came out......Also put one down for Feb. 2018 on Sunshine and got one of the 4J cabins. So God Willing.......My cruises are booked for a long while.

Happy sails to all of us.

So YES. The Elation is getting balconies.

Do the balconies on Fascination have Sofas?

Do they have mini fridges? ( for meds)

Happy sails to all of us.

The balcony cabin that we had on the Fascination (U224), did not have a sofa or mini fridge. :cool: