Question for the booking experts

patty1955

My husband and I were supposed to take our first transatlantic to celebrate my 60th birthday last November. He had hip replacement surgery in July so we decided to reschedule the cruise to 2017. We had booked an aft concierge class and after hearing great things about aft cabins, we planned to book one for the new cruise. When the 2017 cruises were released we booked cabin 1210 on the Silhouette. From what I’ve read here on cruise critic, it’s a great cabin and the biggest of the CC1 aft cabins. Because we booked over the phone and it’s a TA, we didn’t get any perks from Celebrity. When I transferred it to our travel agent we were given some OBC, but not much. We’ve been booked for about 4 months and the price has not changed.

We have a Hawaiian cruise coming up in April and it occurs to me that if I had waited to book the cruise, I’d get more OBC by booking onboard. I think the OBC for this cruise would be about $250 which isn’t a fortune but it’s $250.

I can cancel the booking I have now and book it again onboard, but then I lose the cabin we picked out. I’d like to have both the cabin and the OBC. Is cabin 1210 really that good? Can you guys suggest a way I can have my cake and eat it too?

Keep your current booking. Book again onboard and have the booking transferred to the travel agent who has the original booking. You have two bookings for the same cruise. When you get home, call your travel agent and tell him or her that you want to cancel the first booking BUT YOU WANT YOUR CABIN TRANSFERRED to the new booking.

We did exactly this for our TA last fall.

Edited by cruzzzinma

We always book on board and then transfer our reservation to our TA. You cannot compare a TA to anything else because there are no real perks offered on a TA - only cheap cheap cabins. Booking Hawaii is a different deal. Get the perks for Celebrity and then transfer and get another couple hundred in OBC. TA/TP and repositioning cruises do not have the packages. available on others.

Keep your current booking. Book again onboard and have the booking transferred to the travel agent who has the original booking. You have two bookings for the same cruise. When you get home, call your travel agent and tell him or her that you want to cancel the first booking BUT YOU WANT YOUR CABIN TRANSFERRED to the new booking.

We did exactly this for our TA last fall.

I may give this a try if the perks are more than $100. I've read of people getting better than that on a TA but it doesn't seem to happen often.

Thank you all for your responses.

5481d2fa88e1d837c4beac04dc655e5b.jpg

This was posted recently from a recent cruise, and as stated $100 per cabin for a C1 on TAs, I believe it's been that amount for some time... [emoji4]

I think sometimes they offer larger obc or sometimes paid tips for booking newly released TAs onboard but its not always available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk