Price Reduction (Yay!) and Great Airfare

flannbarr

We are booked on the June 25, 2016, 12 night British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I just noticed that the cruise fare was reduced again. My family of 3 is staying in an inside cabin. The pricing history for my cabin of 3 (cruise fare only) is as follows:

July 29, 2015 (date originally booked) $6,297

August 22, 2015 $5,038

December 16, 2015 $4,257

February 20, 2016 $3,377

All it took for the price reduction was a quick search to see the cut and a quick call to Princess.

I am not sure if this type of reduction is normal or if Europe is having tourism challenges but either way we are very happy with the savings.

Additionally, our airfare on Delta booked thru Princess is $430 cheaper than booking direct with Delta. I am actually considering changing to first class airfare for $3,000/person nonstop from Detroit to/from London booked thru Princess compared to $4,789 booking thru Delta.

I just thought I would share.

Yes. At the same time as re running the price of our Royal cruise, I asked my agent to check our upcoming Emerald cruise, which we made the final payment on a few weeks ago.

I'm happy to say we got the new reduced price and additional on board credit. The only difference was that we had to, in effect, cancel the cruise and rebook so we had a £100 fee to pay, but the saving outweighed the cancellation charge by £150ish and we also gained a significant on board credit so another great outcome.

As an aside, we could have kept our original cabin but we actually chose an upgrade as the price was cheaper than our original choice. Thank you to Princess for being so flexible.