Serenade......ship in training

Just saying up front.....I am on a cruise, not at work, not sitting at home in cold snowy or bad weather somewhere, not home cooking or cleaning.....I am on a cruise.....sitting in the Viking Crown Diamond lounge....now with that said.....

The Serenade is a training ship, we were told by several officers that this ship has about 65 percent new crew from last cruise and of this voyage. Some of them really need to use training wheels, while others are doing their best to meet your needs and requests. We have a great cabin attendant, many years experience.

Our MDR server is also experienced with a new assistant just a little slow in service, food has been just ok.....no complaints since I don't have to cook it and clean it up.:)

The internet is painfully slow! :eek: Only using our free 24 hour amenity.

Our first 2 days were sea days, on the Afternoon of the first sea day, captain announced we needed to speed up to Aruba our first port. It was later announced it was for medical reason. As far as we know all went well with the passenger.

While in port the the other day, we lost power for about 30 minutes, never said what happened, no further problems.

Ship is in good shape and all the crew is friendly.

I am glad I am here rather than home any day!

Living in Surprise, Arizona you probably wouldn't have snow days anyway! Wish I was so lucky to be on a cruise, even with a crew in training! We sailed Serenade in 2013 and loved her.

I posted that for the Benicia of those who are under a winter blast.....AZ is already into the 90's!

Good! You can be part of whipping them into shape! ;)

We are doing just that Carol.....already taught them they must bring a straw with ice tea or soda! The simple things!

Adding that room service has been good! :)

I posted that for the Benicia of those who are under a winter blast.....AZ is already into the 90's!

Dang, I need to move to Arizona. We had 7+ inches of snow for a month this winter and I decided I was done with winter weather. Just jealous you're on a cruise and live in Arizona and I'm not and I don't! LOL

Happy you are having a great cruise, mostly anyway! ;) We were on the cruise just before you (the 10 night) and had a fantabulous time.

Agree the internet is very...very...slow. And for some reason the computer in the CL is much slower than the one I started using on deck 4. The one down there looked newer, which was perhaps part of it? Either way, it sure was nice to get back home to my own internet and Windows 10 again. :)

We also had a wonderful cabin attendant. We are in cabin #1546 which was a nice quiet cabin with lots of storage, clean, smelled good and was convenient being near the elevators and stairs at the centrum.

Did Chef's Table during the second formal night. Wonderful experience, good food and good wine.

Would not hesitate to sail Serenade again...oh wait...I am already booked for next year! ;) :D Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Edited by island lady