Princess Fjorland national park NZ

NoWhiners

Hi all

I did a search on this and found nothing helpful, so I am going to try here. We are trying to decide between an Emerald Princess cruise around NZ and and RCI Radiance. It is coming down to cruising Fjordland national Park or cruising Milford/Doubtful/Dusky Sounds. All happen in 1 day. We aren't sure if Fjorland includes the 3 sounds or if this is different.

Anyone have any experience with these and can help us out? We can't figure out if Fjordland encompasses the 3 sounds or if these are completely different.

Thanks for any help. I am also going to post on Aus/NZ boards, so no worries there.

ML

It is just two different ways of expressing the same thing. A cruise that includes Fiordland National Park usually goes into Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds, although rough seas can prevent the ship entering into Milford and very rough seas mean it misses all the Sounds. The entrance into Milford Sound is narrow and winding and too dangerous in bad weather.

I hope you have great weather. :)

Hi all

I did a search on this and found nothing helpful, so I am going to try here. We are trying to decide between an Emerald Princess cruise around NZ and and RCI Radiance. It is coming down to cruising Fjordland national Park or cruising Milford/Doubtful/Dusky Sounds. All happen in 1 day. We aren't sure if Fjorland includes the 3 sounds or if this is different.

Anyone have any experience with these and can help us out? We can't figure out if Fjordland encompasses the 3 sounds or if these are completely different.

Thanks for any help. I am also going to post on Aus/NZ boards, so no worries there.

ML

When we did it on Diamond in Nov. the capt said he was going to try as many Sounds as he could.

At the end he said we had done 7.

Not sure of all the names. I know Sutherland was one I the others, we seemed to be going in and out all day.

It is just two different ways of expressing the same thing. A cruise that includes Fiordland National Park usually goes into Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds, although rough seas can prevent the ship entering into Milford and very rough seas mean it misses all the Sounds. The entrance into Milford Sound is narrow and winding and too dangerous in bad weather.

I hope you have great weather. :)

Aus Traveller

Thank you for this. It is what we were thinking but wanted to check. Maybe we don't want "perfect" weather--a rainstorm the nigh before might bring those waterfalls to life?

Thanks for your reply

ML

Edited by NoWhiners