Riveria Noro, Is 25% enough?

RJB

With all due respect....when will this thread end??!! Enough of the noro....can we move on? How much more complaining can one do? Geez!

It will end when Oceania steps up and does the right thing. If you look at the pictures from the prior post you can see why it will not end. People paid a lot of money for a upscale cruise and this was not it. Pretty awful. This is not about Noro anymore, but how Oceania badly handles their problems. JVNYC : No one is making you read this thread. If you don't like reading this thread then pass it by.

+1

You would think they would have some sort of aerosol spray that dries on contact that was not so goopy that they could use to treat the ships surfaces & cabins

They did, it was called fogging.

Gosh, Iamthesea's photos bring back repulsive memories (we were on the same cruise). Thanks goodness we don't have "smell-o-vision" -- the acrid odor will remain in my memory for a long time.

But I agree that it is time to drop it. Oceania will do no more, and is counting on the fact that with time, all will be forgotten -- and they are correct.

So sorry. :o

My new thread is starting on a very positive note and I hope it stays that way. All seems fine with no sickness and just people wanting to have a good time. :):):)

I wonder, then, what the point of your new thread is. The subject of the first post is vague enough that suspicious minds could suspect you of trolling for negative comments. I hope I'm wrong. :)

+1

They did, it was called fogging.

I wonder if they were cleaning & fogging & spreading goop all over everything why were people still get ill

With all that goop over everything you think the virus would have been killed off

:confused:

I wonder, then, what the point of your new thread is. The subject of the first post is vague enough that suspicious minds could suspect you of trolling for negative comments. I hope I'm wrong. :)

Yes I guess that you do have a suspicious mind with no basis in fact to back it up. Nothing vague about my words. I was very clear that things are good. You sure are wrong !!!

Yes I guess that you do have a suspicious mind with no basis in fact to back it up. Nothing vague about my words. I was very clear that things are good. You sure are wrong !!!

I guess I took Rumpymuffin's comment as along the lines of 'no news is no news' so what was your point in starting a thread?

I guess I took Rumpymuffin's comment as along the lines of 'no news is no news' so what was your point in starting a thread?

Just the fact that Riviera was in Miami this morning and everything looked good. Not all threads have to be negative. Do people only want to hear bad news?

I am very grateful to be informed of all the problems on the Riviera. In a week we will be flying to Miami for our cruise on this ship.

We have taken 8 Oceania cruises and have enjoyed them so much. Several have been to Asia and five have been in Europe. We now take an Oceania suite so we pay quite a bit.

We think of Oceania as the perfect cruise line... we do want to know if there are issues.

Since we are going on the Riveria shortly I really appreciate postings that advise of conditions on the ship ..... be they negative or positive. The forum would be of little value if only positive news was posted and we were discouraged by other posters from posting negative items.

Well, RJB, I thought you started the new thread as a way of drawing a line under this one. Although people do indeed say "no news is good news" it was, nevertheless, good to see your positive post. Thank you.

Yup, I guess this thread really has no where else to go. We all said what we needed to and should be about done. Also, if you look at all my posts in the last 10 years about Oceania I would think they are at least 95% Positive. But most of us are on these boards to read all that is going on, not only the good. We are booked for our 10th cruise in July and expect that one to be great as are most of our Oceania cruises.

Said all I need to say. I'm good!

Let's not forget the name of this website...Cruise Critic - For the good and the not so good experiences. ;)

To Iamthesea, Glad to see all your good posts. Sorry I did not meet you on board.

;) We probably "met" someplace onboard, but we may not have known it. With only 1200 passengers, I think by the end of the week, we knew everyone's face. :D

I am sure we did, but will try harder next time. :):):)