Sky aft penthouse...4 adults?

mom23krzkidz

Dh and I would be in the bedroom...does anyone know the sleeping set up for the other two passengers in the suite? Is it a shared sleeper sofa...the others in the room with us are our 17 and 18 year old kids. We plan to do this suite, or two balconies.
If the Sky aft penthouse is anything like the aft penthouse on the Pearl, Jewel and Dawn, it is just one large room and there is a small pull out sofa, which I personally think would be very tight for teenagers. Possibly, you could sleep one there and get a cot, that could be folded up during the day, for the other.

They are not like the SF penthouses on the Jewel class ships. They have two rooms and a huge deck. The main living room has both a large sofa and some chairs there is also a huge master bedroom and a huge bathroom with a jetted tub. It will easily handle 4 people.

They are not like the SF penthouses on the Jewel class ships. They have two rooms and a huge deck. The main living room has both a large sofa and some chairs there is also a huge master bedroom and a huge bathroom with a jetted tub. It will easily handle 4 people.
Guess I'm going to have to try the Sky aft penthouse, sounds a lot bigger than the ones I've cruised in.

We were in an aft penthouse on the Sky. It does have an actual separate bedroom. The living room has a sofa sleeper. As another person stated, it has a huge bathroom, by cruise ship standards.

Personally, I would take the aft PH over two balconies. The biggest reason is that you can have a huge breakfast delivered every morning. Plus, you'll have Cagney's for lunch and breakfast if you don't want to eat in the room. Also, there is a stereo system that will play FM music in port....then at sea you can switch the input to play the music from the tv. There are speakers in the BR and LR that can be turned on/off separately.

If it's available, the Owner's Suite has a Murphy bed and a fold out in the living room which would be better for two adult sized people. The foldout in the aft penthouse was not very comfortable at all. I slept there one night due to my cabin mate snoring really loudly and it wasn't very comfortable. Great sized suite though, and I found the suite service was better than most ships, likely due to the fewer suites they have on the ship.

The Sky aft penthouses are the best penthouses at sea. It can sleep 4 people but 2 smaller people or children is best. The Master bedroom is huge with a big king size bed. The living room is large with a sleeper sofa that is ideal for one but 2 smaller people could work. The bathroom is huge and is not attached to the master bedroom which works really well. The suite has a HUGE balcony with access from both the bedroom and living room. Its so large that people could actually sleep on loungers on the balcony. It has a big table and chairs to eat at too. The balcony is so large that its almost like another room. I was on deck 10 and it was so convenient since Cagneys was one flight of stairs above the suite for breakfast.

I agree with Suitecruiser. The service for suites is exceptional on the Sky. The concierge visits you personally twice a day.

Edited by david_sobe