Live from Royal Feb 22nd 10 Day Eastern Carib

Steelers0854

St Kitts

05ace003840366fa0c61f88490a9ea56.jpg54d0b5abf7b8be3e62907a007fff4782.jpg

We had a Princess Excursion scheduled today for a scenic drive around part of the island with a stop at Romney Manor. The guide/driver was very good and knowledgable. When the tour finished we walked around the port for a little while and then got back on board the ship and relaxed the remainder of the day.

Tonight was Italian night in the MDR, as usual we see the declining attendance at the late traditional dining as the cruise progresses.

Here are the MDR menus for tonight and the patters for tomorrow in St Thomas.

be9e25b4ea3f03db51033acfe4d907e6.jpg850456efe675d0e5163f9fb668e4c603.jpgebb52c3f200f4e3108bbf5c592e40715.jpg14191f4748a651aa152418eb219fa585.jpg

Thank you so much for the pics and the review. We board the 13th. I was hoping you could tell us if the Cruise Director and same crew will still be on. Thanks again! Looking forward to our first time on the Royal.

pjama

St Thomas

fa5be4fc7024f50ffb7411b589f5de76.jpg

One of our favorite places to visit we didn't have any excursions planned and mainly walked around downtown and popped in and out of the shops.

We played trivia tonight, it was a Discovery@Sea themed trivia on cruise ships and Princess Ships. There were only 5 teams and we won (16 out of 20)!

1f52e94f524603f916927c80bb85e85c.jpg

It's no free cruise, but a neat prize none the less.

43ce9cac1ca63b86e0bea2a09845f880.jpg0618daffbb673e639fa7c591ba245914.jpg

Hi Jenny

Internet is terrible so more later but yes, it's 11 years this lat Feb. (from 2005) and I still have the necklace. :D

Hi Karen and Alan

So glad you are enjoying your trip. And congratulations on 11 years. I remember that 5 year milestone too.

yes we too found the internet to be poor when trying to access from the cabin. The router on our floor was too far away and I could barely get a signal if I stood by the cabin door. Although whenever I was in a public area I had no issues at all.

Since we had three different cabins for each leg the only cabin we had great access from was a mid ship suite on Riviera deck which was located right outside the Concierge Lounge. Excellent signal there.

Our friends had a forward facing cabin on Marina deck and they too had a poor signal from the cabin.

Would love to see more routers installed for stronger signals on passenger decks.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thanks for the live thread too - for the original poster. Love reading and following along, takes me back to the great memories we had.

Vickie & Bernie

oh Hi Michael if you are reading! Canucks are not playing well, Bernie is crying!

Thank you so much for the pics and the review. We board the 13th. I was hoping you could tell us if the Cruise Director and same crew will still be on. Thanks again! Looking forward to our first time on the Royal.

pjama

It's my understanding they are all staying on board. A great group and you will enjoy being on board with them.

Hi Karen and Alan

So glad you are enjoying your trip. And congratulations on 11 years. I remember that 5 year milestone too.

yes we too found the internet to be poor when trying to access from the cabin. The router on our floor was too far away and I could barely get a signal if I stood by the cabin door. Although whenever I was in a public area I had no issues at all.

Since we had three different cabins for each leg the only cabin we had great access from was a mid ship suite on Riviera deck which was located right outside the Concierge Lounge. Excellent signal there.

Our friends had a forward facing cabin on Marina deck and they too had a poor signal from the cabin.

Would love to see more routers installed for stronger signals on passenger decks.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thanks for the live thread too - for the original poster. Love reading and following along, takes me back to the great memories we had.

Vickie & Bernie

oh Hi Michael if you are reading! Canucks are not playing well, Bernie is crying!

Hi Vickie

I'll pass your internet advice on to Allan since he is trying to get some work done and is very frustrated.

My postings are mostly social so it's not a big deal. We're just off the Eclipse where we only get 90 minutes so even with a poor connection the 250 we get here is a pleasure.

I saw Dragan (Vines) yesterday and said hi from you. I don't know if he was just being pleasant but he said you told him to look for me so thanks!!!

We went to Water Island yesterday and Allan remarked how , when we did it with you guys it seemed to be just our group on the beach. Not so this time. Lots of people but it was still a beautiful beach and I took my float and my snorkel and had a wonderful day (didn't see one single fish, though).

I had the TBGCS last night and our waiter remarked that he has to talk most people into ordering it - must be a lot of new cruisers!

For those of you future cruisers - the entertainment on this ship is fantastic! My only complaint is that we are late traditional diners and the timing of many things means we either have to miss whole or parts of things or skip dinner. Oh , and the other complaint is that I can't be two places in the same time to see everything!;)

Hi Vickie

I'll pass your internet advice on to Allan since he is trying to get some work done and is very frustrated.

My postings are mostly social so it's not a big deal. We're just off the Eclipse where we only get 90 minutes so even with a poor connection the 250 we get here is a pleasure.

I saw Dragan (Vines) yesterday and said hi from you. I don't know if he was just being pleasant but he said you told him to look for me so thanks!!!

We went to Water Island yesterday and Allan remarked how , when we did it with you guys it seemed to be just our group on the beach. Not so this time. Lots of people but it was still a beautiful beach and I took my float and my snorkel and had a wonderful day (didn't see one single fish, though).

I had the TBGCS last night and our waiter remarked that he has to talk most people into ordering it - must be a lot of new cruisers!

For those of you future cruisers - the entertainment on this ship is fantastic! My only complaint is that we are late traditional diners and the timing of many things means we either have to miss whole or parts of things or skip dinner. Oh , and the other complaint is that I can't be two places in the same time to see everything!;)

Allan is so right, Bernie says the same thing. We still love Water Island but it has changed and now shore excursions stop there too. But i do find it better than most beaches on St. Thomas.

Re Dragan, he must of been nice because we never saw him or met him when we were on board that I recall.

Msg me what your plans are for the rest of the year and next year. We are just researching and the canadian dollar is holding us grudgingly back

Hi Vickie

Twice-Baked Goat Cheese Souffle. It has been on the MDR menu for many years. Delicious!

Gotcha. It is better than most other appetizers.

Thank you so much for your detailed review, pictures of your ports or call and the daily patters, etc. I think I have most of the information I need for our March 23 cruise to make it a great one. Look forward to your final pages.

The captain came on at about 4pm, a coolant pipe apparently failed and one of the engines was down. They were working on repairs but we would be late leaving. He gave regular updates as the repairs took longer than expected and we sailed about 2 hours late. He said it shouldn't negatively impact our arrival in port by much. Kuddos to the Captain for the excellent communication!

Last Day at Sea

daa0b8ad024dc75be2e9006a6c506ea8.jpg

We had a great relaxing day at sea today and enjoyed the various venues on board. It was very foggy today so we stayed indoors most of the day as it rained off and on.

We did evening trivia just before dinner with a group we had done trivia with before, this was spaced themed and we didn't do as well as we thought, it we had a great time.

It was also our last formal night on board. I was very excited about this as I look forward to escargot on each cruise and it didn't disappoint this time!

Edited by Steelers0854

Princess Cays

f7b4c59483e5b4ad67ce4b9233270f0f.jpg

This is our last day on board and we are really sad to see it arrive. The weather is beautiful after a dreary day yesterday. The sea is clam and there are just a few clouds in the sky.

We always treat Princess Cays as a sea day on board. We let everyone else get off and enjoy a quiet ship to ourselves. We laid out by the pool and didn't have to look hard to find loungers in the shade.

Tonight was the American themed dinner and the baked Alaska parade. I miss the days where they used to parade with the actual baked Alaska, with a real flame, and cut it at their stations.

Here is the patter for today.

ac4415601e8232862443496cccea0e7c.jpg70882a4e3b94252f18a452117a7dd60c.jpge404d1b7adf61197ce705d3a405222f5.jpgc3df481d224118b68679de4b09b89691.jpg

Here is the Princess summary of the cruise. I am going to be working on my summary of the trip and will post that once I have had a chance to complete all my thoughts. In short we had a fabulous time and enjoyed the Royal Princess and her crew immensely.

9bd350f8be79edea69490f05e90e15fa.jpg2f8bd26b0c0388c16c9c2d6bc1de9884.jpg30055c4c62c4af78e1df46b642bb47e1.jpg2efb26e77f7af653818373b7e12efc25.jpg