~~I know it's been answered BUT...Orlando to CANAV and back??

topaz123

~~Forgive me folks, but getting a little unclear on how to do this. I have seen some posts but some seem dated, and some after checking are inaccurate on cost, location,etc. It's simple story....

Arrive Orlando Airport going to Port Canaveral Cruise and then returning to Orlando to depart.

Need suggestions on BeachFront Hotel not Overly expensive. Would like to stay here a couple of days before Cruise departure. What is the best cost effective way to get from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach? Rental Car, shuttle.etc. Seems rental cars are in expensive, but where do I leave the car during the cuise? Looking for some help on a cost effective way of doing the above....Cruise is late JULY 2016.

~~Forgive me folks, but getting a little unclear on how to do this. I have seen some posts but some seem dated, and some after checking are inaccurate on cost, location,etc. It's simple story....

Arrive Orlando Airport going to Port Canaveral Cruise and then returning to Orlando to depart.

Need suggestions on BeachFront Hotel not Overly expensive. Would like to stay here a couple of days before Cruise departure. What is the best cost effective way to get from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach? Rental Car, shuttle.etc. Seems rental cars are in expensive, but where do I leave the car during the cuise? Looking for some help on a cost effective way of doing the above....Cruise is late JULY 2016.

Rental car is typically most cost effective if you have 2-5 people in your party. You don't keep the rental car during the cruise, you do a one-way rental and turn it in on the morning of the cruise at any of several rental agencies in the port area, who will shuttle you to the cruise terminal.

Edited by clarea

There are so many options for transport but renting a car one-way when 2 or more people and arriving before your cruise is certainly at the top of my list for cost savings and convenience as stated by others.

Here is long description of the transport options.

For lodging, the choices are plenty too. Here is a long description of hotel clusters near the Port, average rates, choosing a hotel, etc.

Our last cruise out of PC we flew into MCO, hired a private shuttle van (there were 6 of us) to take us to LaQuinta Cocoa Beach. The hotel had cruise port shuttles at $10 pp. The hotel also had shuttles to restaurants, grocery stores, whatever you wanted. We tipped them well.

After the cruise, the same shuttle company picked us up at the Port and took us back to MCO. I don't know the name of the company (there are MANY that will do this) but i think it cost about $190 round/trip, which is not bad at all for 6 people.

They were on time and easy to find. It worked out really well for us. We got on the earliest shuttle to the ship from the hotel and were on board by 11:30 am enjoying our first drink of the day!!

Thanks for all the good help. Was wondering...if I rent the car, drive to Cocoa then drop the car at the rental agency there...do they give us a lift to the cruise port? What about when we return, how do we get to the rental agency to return to Orlando?

All the major agencies have free shuttles to and from the port (you can tip the driver if you want if he loads/unloads your bags for you). Drop the car off and catch a shuttle. Exit the ship and catch a shuttle back. You don't have to call for them as they run round trips to the port when there is a ship in port. Ask when you leave the ship where the car rental shuttles are...they will tell you where to wait.

Thanks for all the good help. Was wondering...if I rent the car, drive to Cocoa then drop the car at the rental agency there...do they give us a lift to the cruise port? What about when we return, how do we get to the rental agency to return to Orlando?

Yes, the major agencies have shuttles that drop you at the cruise terminal, and pick you up after the cruise.

I just got some great rates on renting both ways from Budget.

Can I post codes & coupons here?

If you can please do, I am checking into this for our upcoming October cruise. My only problem I am finding is I get a great rate when flying into orlando for the rental car, as I would be keeping it overnight. However to rent a car for a few hours to get from the port back to orlando is horrific, I can rent the car for the entire 6 days cheaper.

We cruised out of PC a couple summers ago & stayed @Hampton Inn Orlando International. Transportation from airport to hotel, one night lodging, transportation to AND from port was included in their Bon Voyage package. So we flew in on Friday & they picked us up @ Orlando International. The hotel has several great restaurants within walking distance for lunch/dinner. The next morning we had continental breakfast (free with hotel) & waited for the shuttle to pick us up. We were in PC within an hour. Upon returning from our cruise we walked right off the ship, got through customs easy peasy, & got in the waiting shuttle, and were back in Orlando by 9:15 AM! We are booking the same hotel for this summer & the rate for 2 people is $190 (that includes tax). Don't forget to include tips for drivers in your planning. ;)