On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

You're stateroom attendant may be awesome, but he knows nothing about the ship.

icon_deckplans.gif

The only staterooms that are connected are those that have an arrow between them.

Lmao, you are right about that. I'll find the answer somewhere. Well maybe depending on how I feel.

The information that you shared is startling..... And I hope you do not get dismayed by the RC "Loyalist" who are always in denial. (Shall not say anything negative about Royal Caribbean) The Loyalists feed into the lack of transparency that Royal Caribbean Public Relations dishes out as news statements. The local press is covering your dilemma and I would voice my story to them when you disembark in Hoboken. They will certainly be asking for statements from passengers. Just a thought.

Good luck with a speedy recovery and God Bless!

This is only my second cruise on RCI, I am not a "loyalist". I am on the Anthem and have been on 18 cruises. This ship is beautiful. The staff has been exceptional. We have had such a nice time. Viruses can happen at home too. Especially with school age children. We have seen viruses on other cruises. 109 cases reported throughout the week. Only 10 in isolation today. This is out of the total crew and passengers. This is not even enough to be on CDC's page. I don't mean to make light of it, just trying to put it in perspective.

I'm so sorry for the people that have gotten sick. It's not the ships fault. We were very happy with how they handled it. For the record...NO ONE WAS ALLOWED IN THE WINDJAMMER WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS.

Question for CruiseKMC............How did the RCL Anthem staff know if people entering WJ washed their hands???

Did they send them to restrooms and had somebody watch them?

Hand Sanitizer is NOT a substitute for hand washing with any brand of sanitizer but particularly those like Purell that have glycerin (that sticky stuff that most sanitizers have) as a component

Confused about your comment

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Question for CruiseKMC............How did the RCL Anthem staff know if people entering WJ washed their hands???

Did they send them to restrooms and had somebody watch them?

Hand Sanitizer is NOT a substitute for hand washing with any brand of sanitizer but particularly those like Purell that have glycerin (that sticky stuff that most sanitizers have) as a component

Confused about your comment

They have a washing station with 8 (?) sinks at the entrances. They have it roped off with numerous crew having people go in. No exceptions. Some people were using gel as well when they were done. Asked that we take 20 seconds while washing.

The ship did the best they could.

This is only my second cruise on RCI, I am not a "loyalist". I am on the Anthem and have been on 18 cruises. This ship is beautiful. The staff has been exceptional. We have had such a nice time. Viruses can happen at home too. Especially with school age children. We have seen viruses on other cruises. 109 cases reported throughout the week. Only 10 in isolation today. This is out of the total crew and passengers. This is not even enough to be on CDC's page. I don't mean to make light of it, just trying to put it in perspective.

I'm so sorry for the people that have gotten sick. It's not the ships fault. We were very happy with how they handled it. For the record...NO ONE WAS ALLOWED IN THE WINDJAMMER WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS.

That's fantastic - I wish all the ships had sinks right there in the WJ entrance, and it's great to know the crew was strict on hygiene.

Judy

I would love to see pictures of any scrapbooking kits and albums available onboard. You should be able to see them at the photo shop and/or the craft venue if past experience is any indication.

It took me the last day but I found it for you.

image_zps3xwokwwo.jpeg

image_zpsjnxqspuy.jpeg

They have a washing station with 8 (?) sinks at the entrances. They have it roped off with numerous crew having people go in. No exceptions. Some people were using gel as well when they were done. Asked that we take 20 seconds while washing.

The ship did the best they could.

Thank you very much for your follow up and clarification. I have been on many ships and have never seen sinks outside the buffet.

I could not imagine how they were enforcing this without your clarification. This represents a totally new concept on ships and I am still wondering is this a permanent thing or only wheeled out when there is a Norovirus problem?..........Permanent might be a good thing from some of the things discussed on many previous boards/threads about what I and others have seen in the mens/ladies rooms and lack of hand washing afterwards.:(:eek:

Thank you very much for your follow up and clarification. I have been on many ships and have never seen sinks outside the buffet.

I could not imagine how they were enforcing this without your clarification. This represents a totally new concept on ships and I am still wondering is this a permanent thing or only wheeled out when there is a Norovirus problem?..........Permanent might be a good thing from some of the things discussed on many previous boards/threads about what I and others have seen in the mens/ladies rooms and lack of hand washing afterwards.:(:eek:

The Quantum class ships (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation) all have permanent hand washing areas at both entrances to the Windjammer.

I borrowed this picture from another thread:

wash.jpg

Hi I was wondering if you could give me a sense for prices of drinks (beer, frozen drink, wine by glass, premium coffee) because I'm debating whether or not I will need a package. Thanks!

I will take some pics of prices when we sail Friday

Thanks. nice to hear from someone with a positive take. I will be on this cruise boarding easter sunday and cant wait!!

Please stop by and join the roll call for your cruise Anthem of the Seas - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise March 27, 2016

Also, please don't forget to Register for the Meet & Mingle which is the party hosted by RCI on board for CC Members that sign up.

I didn't think the press would be out there, especially after the comments I've heard online and from guest services. This one guest service agent had the nerve to tell me to stop talking to him and talk to my lawyer because there was no way he was going to be helping someone like me. UGH, I luckily spoke with his manager afterwards, not even knowing it was his manager who solved my problem (with adventure ocean) in 5 minutes. I'm sure he could have done the same as her if he wanted to, but everyone in the LONG line was saying how they hope he doesn't help them because he's rude. He sure was.

I will definitely be talking to the press, I was even thinking of writing CNN, but if the press are going to be there when we get off, you can bet I'm going to be talking to them lol.

Thank you for that information. I had no idea there was such thing as Royal Caribbean "loyal" but I should have assumed because that's the way it is with everything. I just hope a 'loyal' doesn't get their cruise cut short, contract noroovirus and have the worse stateroom attendant in the history of stateroom attendants.

Thanks again for your support.

unbelievable!I Quote"I didn't think the press would be out there, especially after the comments I've heard online and from guest services. This one guest service agent had the nerve to tell me to stop talking to him and talk to my lawyer because there was no way he was going to be helping someone like me." Just not believable period, quit while your behind!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We'll be boarding Anthem on Monday, March 7th and will try to answer any inquiries posted here concerning the ship and our 12 night western Caribbean itinerary. As you can see in my signature we were also on Anthem's January 3rd 12 night southern itinerary.

Feel free to post these even before that cruise starts and I will add to my hit list I have already from posts here and on other threads. These are currently as follows.

-Are OV cabins 3248 and 3250 connecting ones?

-What difference does the orange square around two connecting balconies like cabins 6274 and 6276 or the other colored square around two inside or OV connecting cabins provide?

-post shots of different drink menus if bobbie0253 doesn't beat me to doing that on the 3 night CTN this weekend.

We haven't decided on what our onboard internet time will be but will definitely have access on all sea days which are days 2, 3 and 10 to 12 with the use of both of our D+ credits. Add 6 to the sea day to get that date in March.

So there will not likely be any responses on the other days as those are our port days. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

We'll be boarding Anthem on Monday, March 7th and will try to answer any inquiries posted here concerning the ship and our 12 night western Caribbean itinerary. As you can see in my signature we were also on Anthem's January 3rd 12 night southern itinerary.

Feel free to post these even before that cruise starts and I will add to my hit list I have already from posts here and on other threads. These are currently as follows.

-Are OV cabins 3248 and 3250 connecting ones?

-What difference does the orange square around two connecting balconies like cabins 6274 and 6276 or the other colored square around two inside or OV connecting cabins provide?

-post shots of different drink menus if bobbie0253 doesn't beat me to doing that on the 3 night CTN this weekend.

We haven't decided on what our onboard internet time will be but will definitely have access on all sea days which are days 2, 3 and 10 to 12 with the use of both of our D+ credits. Add 6 to the sea day to get that date in March.

So there will not likely be any responses on the other days as those are our port days. ;)

Will you be starting a new thread?

I will be going on the 27th sailing and would like to know what time the shows are in the theater such as comedians and headliners and if they are every night.

Thanks!

Will you be starting a new thread?

I will be going on the 27th sailing and would like to know what time the shows are in the theater such as comedians and headliners and if they are every night.

Thanks!

No I won't be starting a new thread as it is easier just to continue on this one.

I still have the Cruise Compass daily planners from our Jan.3rd cruise and there isn't always a show in the Royal Theater every evening. Some evening there is a movie, a game like the Love & Marriage and other evenings nothing because the main entertainment is in the Two70 or the Music Hall.

On our cruise show times varied in the theater from 6:30 to 10:30pm. Production shows were mostly at 7 and 9pm, but one evening the Gift was at 7:30. Headliner/Comedians were usually at 8:30 and 10:30 but one evening a comedian was on at 7:30 and 9:30pm..

You can check the dates and time for the ship's company shows for your cruise in the cruise planner section when you log onto your booking to make your reservations.

If you haven't checked it out already Merion mom has posted the Cruise Compass daily planners from her 22 days onboard Anthem last month at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324095

Edited by robtulipe

No I won't be starting a new thread as it is easier just to continue on this one.

I still have the Cruise Compass daily planners from our Jan.3rd cruise and there isn't always a show in the Royal Theater every evening. Some evening there is a movie, a game like the Love & Marriage and other evenings nothing because the main entertainment is in the Two70 or the Music Hall.

On our cruise show times varied in the theater from 6:30 to 10:30pm. Production shows were mostly at 7 and 9pm, but one evening the Gift was at 7:30. Headliner/Comedians were usually at 8:30 and 10:30 but one evening a comedian was on at 7:30 and 9:30pm..

You can check the dates and time for the ship's company shows for your cruise in the cruise planner section when you log onto your booking to make your reservations.

If you haven't checked it out already Merion mom has posted the Cruise Compass daily planners from her 22 days onboard Anthem last month at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324095

Wow Bob that is great information!

Thanks you for the link to Merion Mom's compasses also :D