On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

Anthem does not do a Western Caribbean itinerary.

Hi, we will be on the Anthem Oct. 29, 2016. It does a partial Western: Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman. I'm not sure if Hondouras is Western or Central..and Falmouth, Jamaica, and Labadee. (This isn't the exact order, sorry). Hope it helps...It's the ONLY date is does this itinerary....

Safe travels.

Edited by UandMe4Ever

Hi, we will be on the Anthem Oct. 29, 2016. It does a partial Western: Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman. I'm not sure if Hondouras is Western or Central..and Falmouth, Jamaica, and Labadee. (This isn't the exact order, sorry). Hope it helps...It's the ONLY date is does this itinerary....

Safe travels.

Honduras is considered Western in terms of cruise ship itineraries.

Edited by clarea

Safe travels.

Anthem is only doing 3 Western Caribbean itineraries in 2017 (Jan 25, Mar 7 and Oct 29) and itineraries may vary by departure dates.

Hello, I am new to this board. I don't know how to start a new thread, but I will ask my question here. My husband & I just booked a last minute cruise to leave om 4/8/16 from Bayonne, NJ. I tried to make reservations on line, but to eat at Grande (complimentary restaurant), the only times to eat were 9:15 every night, except 5:15 on 2 nights where there were stops at ports.

Does anybody know if you can show up without a reservation and eat at these places, or is a reservation mandatory.

Thank you.

Hello, I am new to this board. I don't know how to start a new thread, but I will ask my question here. My husband & I just booked a last minute cruise to leave om 4/8/16 from Bayonne, NJ. I tried to make reservations on line, but to eat at Grande (complimentary restaurant), the only times to eat were 9:15 every night, except 5:15 on 2 nights where there were stops at ports.

Does anybody know if you can show up without a reservation and eat at these places, or is a reservation mandatory.

Thank you.

If you have Dynamic Choice dining, you can show up to Grande without reservations. You can also try to make reservations once onboard.

Thank you.

As soon as you board, head over to customer services where they have laptops. You can book your reservations there. Or, you can go to any restaurant that is staffed, and someone might be able to help you book. The earlier you do this, the better chance you have to get suitable times.

Thank you.

Hi there and welcome to Cruise Critic. Here is the link to the Roll Call for the Anthem of the Seas - April 8, 2016 Please stop by and say hello and get to know those folks that are on the same sailing as you are.

Also, please don't forget to Register for the Meet & Mingle which is the party hosted by RCI on board. Invitation will be waiting for you in your cabin upon arrival once you have registered.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you for all the comments. I just went ahead and made the reservations for 9:15, but if my husband & I just show up earlier, will they seat us?

Also, I don't know how to sign up for Dynamic Dining-didn't see that as an option for me. Can you tell me how to do this? Maybe that option isn't available anymore since it's close to sailing.

Thank you for all the comments. I just went ahead and made the reservations for 9:15, but if my husband & I just show up earlier, will they seat us?

Also, I don't know how to sign up for Dynamic Dining-didn't see that as an option for me. Can you tell me how to do this? Maybe that option isn't available anymore since it's close to sailing.

Yes, you can show up earlier than your reservations, and they will seat you as soon as they have room.

Contact whoever booked your cruise to change your dining type.

Oops, :o I didn't go all the way into October. You are correct it is doing 1 Western Caribbean itinerary on October 29th.

I am on board the current western Caribbean Cruise on Anthem. We left NJ on March 7 and are in lovely Roatan Honduras today. Cozumel tomorrow then back to Bayonne on the 19th.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anthem is only doing 3 Western Caribbean itineraries in 2017 (Jan 25, Mar 7 and Oct 29) and itineraries may vary by departure dates.
I am on board the current western Caribbean Cruise on Anthem. We left NJ on March 7 and are in lovely Roatan Honduras today. Cozumel tomorrow then back to Bayonne on the 19th.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

See my post above from earlier this afternoon.:)

We are going to be on the Anthem , May 14 to Bermuda. First time on RCC. Have usually taken Princess. Do you have to wear formal attire at the Grand? I like the menu, we dress nicely on a cruise, but not formal. I do have reservations for the Grand. Is it only for formal attire. Thanks Judy

We are going to be on the Anthem , May 14 to Bermuda. First time on RCC. Have usually taken Princess. Do you have to wear formal attire at the Grand? I like the menu, we dress nicely on a cruise, but not formal. I do have reservations for the Grand. Is it only for formal attire. Thanks Judy

Yes, a jacket is required.

However, the dress code is relaxed on the first night (and maybe the last?).

Hi, I was only referring to Oct. 29, 2016 from Bayonne, NJ....However, thanks for the itinerary for 2017. Who knows, maybe we'll do it again from Bayonne, NJ, especially since we're only about 1 hour from the pier....

Thanks. Have a great day :-)

cruised ANTHEM, 3x, w/o reservations. showed up for dining, PRIOR to 6pm, and never turned away.

as stated, jacket required for GRANDE, but have seen the jacket worn w/jeans and sneakers. ugh.... why bother, imho.....

imho, WJ consistently served an appealing evening offering - just have to find your own table and "go fetch".

Theater is more strict - they do "card" to see if you have rez - depending on your RCI loyalty status, you may or not get seated prior to the last 15 minutes.

ANTHEM is pure luxury, in the affordable price range, imho.

May you enjoy the seas always and all ways.

Hi, I was only referring to Oct. 29, 2016 from Bayonne, NJ....However, thanks for the itinerary for 2017. Who knows, maybe we'll do it again from Bayonne, NJ, especially since we're only about 1 hour from the pier....

Thanks. Have a great day :-)

Oops, I do apologize........I think my fingers got a little ahead of me. :o

It should have read........."Anthem is only doing 3 Western Caribbean itineraries in 2016 (Jan 25, Mar 7 and Oct 29) and itineraries may vary by departure dates".

Itineraries are only out until April of 2017 and there is nothing to the Western Caribbean listed.

Edited by cruisenfever

Has anyone on the Anthem seen the discount drink cards? My sister is going this summer and she is unsure of a drink package, but thinks the drink card of 10 drinks will be perfect for her.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anyone on the Anthem seen the discount drink cards? My sister is going this summer and she is unsure of a drink package, but thinks the drink card of 10 drinks will be perfect for her.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They haven't appeared yet, but who knows in the future?!?!? ;)

Yes, you can show up earlier than your reservations, and they will seat you as soon as they have room.

Contact whoever booked your cruise to change your dining type.

We've showed up between 5:45 and 6pm at several of the different restaurants that we had late reservation times since we booked this cruise only four weeks prior and have been seated immediately. After this time they are typically busier and if they can't seat you right away will advise at what time earlier you can get in.

for example last night we had a 9;15 reservation in Am. Icon and got in at 6pm.