On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

first time on anthem.. allure and oasis experts but need food recommendations for 5 of us ages 11-70

Whatever you do please try to eat at Wonderland. Don't be put off by the oddness of it. Delicious.

I found Jamie's really tasty. Michaels was great a la carte. The other specialties are like what you will find on Allure and Oasis. I only had 3 days so did not try the 4 "main" dining venues.

If you search my handle you can find my review with lots of pics. I don't know how to link to it using tapatalk.

We were on the Feb.6 "major storm" cruise and I can ascertain that Capt. Claus did an OUTSTANDING job maneuvering the Anthem through all that turmoil!!.

I wouldn't have wanted anyone else.

We were on the same cruise and I heartily agree with you!

My family just booked for the October cruise and would like to know what entertainment shows you saw or would recommend (adults). Did you make reservations for them? Thanks

We are just off Anthem and the opinion of our party of four is that the shows were very consistent... Horrible. It was very disappointing.

My family just booked for the October cruise and would like to know what entertainment shows you saw or would recommend (adults). Did you make reservations for them? Thanks

You would need to reserve for We Will Rock You, Spectra's Cabaret and The Gift. The rest of the shows (performance acts) you just show up at. I enjoyed them all but YMMV. Keep in mind that Spectra's is a cabaret show designed to show off the 270 Room's capabilities.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think they also need to reserve the comedy shows which are usually very popular.

I only had time for Spectras. The technology is spectacular and to me, that was the point. The aerials and vocals were also quite good but there's not much of a "story".

Edited by MattInFLL

We are just off Anthem and the opinion of our party of four is that the shows were very consistent... Horrible. It was very disappointing.

My biggest problem is the fact you need to make a reservation and then show up 45 minutes to an hour before the show to get a good seat.

We got to Two70 30 minutes before Spectra and all the good seats were taken. We had to sit all the way off to the side. I feel asleep since it was after dinner and drinks and I couldn't see well. We left The Gift after 18 minutes (as did the people sitting next to us) for the same reason. We could only get seats in the upper level off to the side. The seats are so low and I am petite (5 feet). I could only see about 1/3 of the stage.

We reserved We Will Rock You for 2:30 PM, so we could go right after lunch. Got to the theater at 1:50 PM and were able to get decent seats.

Why build a brand new ship which such horrible site lines in the theater and not enough good seats in other venus.

Same problem with events in The Music Hall. People were actually arriving at 7:25 PM and getting seats for the 60's Music that was starting at 8:30 PM one evening. We were at the bar having our Diamond Drinks before dinner and watching them all arrive.

The ship has very choppy venues with few "good seats".

We will not be rushing back to Anthem. Our next 3 cruises are on Celebrity.

Edited by CruisingChick

How were the out side movies? We like those better than the shows! We hope we like RC as much as we have liked Princess. Only reason we did RC is the Bermuda stops

I agree! We love to watch the night time movie outside!

I think they also need to reserve the comedy shows which are usually very popular.

I only had time for Spectras. The technology is spectacular and to me, that was the point. The aerials and vocals were also quite good but there's not much of a "story".

There is no comedy show on the Anthem. Only Oasis class ships have a Comedy Club.

When there is a comedian in the main theater, it's just that night's headliner entertainment. No reservations possible. Just show up and sit down.

I loved Spectra's Cabaret, too.

My biggest problem is the fact you need to make a reservation and then show up 45 minutes to an hour before the show to get a good seat.

We got to Two70 30 minutes before Spectra and all the good seats were taken. We had to sit all the way off to the side. I feel asleep since it was after dinner and drinks and I couldn't see well. We left The Gift after 18 minutes (as did the people sitting next to us) for the same reason. We could only get seats in the upper level off to the side. The seats are so low and I am petite (5 feet). I could only see about 1/3 of the stage.

We reserved We Will Rock You for 2:30 PM, so we could go right after lunch. Got to the theater at 1:50 PM and were able to get decent seats.

Why build a brand new ship which such horrible site lines in the theater and not enough good seats in other venus.

Same problem with events in The Music Hall. People were actually arriving at 7:25 PM and getting seats for the 60's Music that was starting at 8:30 PM one evening. We were at the bar having our Diamond Drinks before dinner and watching them all arrive.

The ship has very choppy venues with few "good seats".

We will not be rushing back to Anthem. Our next 3 cruises are on Celebrity.

It's not an "Anthem thing".

I was on the Independence, cruising out of Southampton a few years back.

The theater was FULL as soon as the doors opened. If you arrived 43 minutes before show time, there were no seats.

EVERY passenger seemed to want to attend EVERY show and was determined to get there as early as possible.

The theater was FULL as soon as the doors opened. If you arrived 43 minutes before show time, there were no seats.

EVERY passenger seemed to want to attend EVERY show and was determined to get there as early as possible.

We experienced the same thing on Freedom a few years ago. I think it's a demographic thing. Every theater seat taken very early. Every seat in Cafe Promenade was taken all day long, until about 10:30pm when I guess they all went to bed.

How were the out side movies? We like those better than the shows! We hope we like RC as much as we have liked Princess. Only reason we did RC is the Bermuda stops

I watched the movie Creed on the last warm night on the 3/7 Western. Got to get there early as well. When I arrived the loungers by the pool were all taken and some of them had taken the cushions off of the plastic "wicker" chairs along the port side of the deck. I found one that still had a seat cushion but no back cushion. I watched thru the pool ramp railing. I could see ok as long as nobody decided to stand up on the pool deck or ramp. I didn’t check the deck 15 situation.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, if that's the way RCCL rolls, I guess I am glad my next 3 cruises are back on Celebrity. Although I did love Rock The Boat and the Journey tribute band, Resurrection. Wish I could take them with me

Edited by CruisingChick

Well, if that's the way RCCL rolls, I guess I am glad my next 3 cruises are back on Celebrity. Although I did love Rock The Boat and the Journey tribute band, Resurrection. Wish I could take them with me

There are venues on Celebrity where there are more people than seats.

Paying your cruise fare does not guarantee you a front row or first choice seat everywhere you go.

There are venues on Celebrity where there are more people than seats.

Paying your cruise fare does not guarantee you a front row or first choice seat everywhere you go.

The main theater on Celebrity ships is much better, especially the M Class ships. We have sat up in the balcony, off to the side and had no problem seeing the stage. Not on Anthem where the seats are low and sight lines are terrible.

All ships have venues that will not accomodate everyone, but you can maximize your space so they are not so choped up. Especially if you are going to be holding shows (like Spectra) and expect people to be able to watch them comfortably without getting there 40 minutes prior.

Hi cruisers; Not wanting to sound cheap as some people wound say, I'd like to ask someone who has been on the "Anthem" how much does a drink of vodka &orange juice or a rum and coke cost. last time I was on R/C it was around 7:95 per drink "Just asking" :) On the way 4/18/16