NCL Port Arrival/Departure Times

MRandKids

First cruise coming up on Breakaway in early summer. When NCL lists the arrival/departure time in Tortola, is this EDT? Or is the time listed ADT? We want to book a shore excursion through an external website, but want to make sure we get back to the ship on time.

The vacation summary says we arrive in Tortola at 7 AM and leave at 2 PM, but I'm not sure whether or not this is local time or NYC time.

Thanks! :)

First cruise coming up on Breakaway in early summer. When NCL lists the arrival/departure time in Tortola, is this EDT? Or is the time listed ADT? We want to book a shore excursion through an external website, but want to make sure we get back to the ship on time.

The vacation summary says we arrive in Tortola at 7 AM and leave at 2 PM, but I'm not sure whether or not this is local time or NYC time.

I would ask this on the NCL forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Normally the times listed with be ships time. Check the clock on-board and set your personal watch accordingly. Never rely on port time, we were in Costa Maya and they were 1 hour behind the ships time, though they were in the same time zone as the port we left from.

Again, go by the time the ship is operating on.

Gene

NCL usually operates on PORT TIME. You will change your clocks the night before. It will be listed in the Freestyle Daily and also you'll get a little card on your bed stating that you need to set the clock back or forwards.

Use a WATCH don't rely on your cell phone for time as it will pick up mixed signals sometimes. The people in the port will know when you dock and when you need to be back on board.

Have a great time.