Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

Cruiserfanatic, Sounds like you are defending Carnival. Stuff happens, but this was very poorly handled from customer service perspective. Passengers have not been compensated for the downgraded itinerary or their additional expenses.

How am I defending Carnival?? I just stated the facts. I posted a statement directly from the Carnival Facebook page. They have been compensated with an OBC and a future discount. Read my post again.

So the ship had issues yesterday and is not in Miami yet. Was told by carnival rep "hopefully 3" as for when they expect ship here. Ports have changed from key west and cozumel to freeport and nassau. Getting $50 credit per person.

Ports changed from Key West & Cozumel to Freeport and Nassau. This is like saying am sorry, we are all out of Cadillacs, here is a Mini and $50 dollars. Have fun.

Sorry Cruiserfanatic...didn't mean to attack! The stuff on that FB page doesn't begin to tell the whole story and $50 OBC and 25% discount on a 5 day cruise doesn't begin to cover it.

I'd take it in a heartbeat. What's even more suspicious is you joining CC a few hours ago, putting your favorite cruise as NCL but comes to the Carnival board to use your 1st 3 post to complain about Carnival and their customer service. Something tells me we all know you already under a few other names.

Edited by Podna's

I'd take it in a heartbeat. What's even more suspicious is you joining CC a few hours ago' date=' putting your favorite cruise as NCL but comes to the Carnival board to use your 1st 3 post to complain about Carnival and their customer service. Something tells me we all know you already under a few other names.[/quote']

Exactly. They just joined a few hours ago and is already complaining.

No hidden agenda. I just found this web site while searching for info on status of Fantasy. Watched my family who scrimpted & saved to go to Key West & Mexico crushed when the changes were made. They did not want to go to the Bahamas. Already had so much invested in travel and vac time that they really were stuck going in spite of changes when they were notified this morning. Any extra $ went towards getting from Pt Everglades to Miami. Sat in terminal for 6 hours with a child & no food for 6 hours. No grudge against Carnival. Have personally had several great cruises with them. But in this particular case, I think the passengers got the shaft.

I agree. I have had 9 great Carnival cruises. Think they messed up on this one. Was treated like steerage. I said don't need full refund, but a little food or drink while we waited would be a good start. $50 does not cover one day and 25% is nothing when you consider cist us 250 is nothing for the crap we had to deal with. It isn't that something went wrong, it is how it was handled that is the issue

I agree. I have had 9 great Carnival cruises. Think they messed up on this one. Was treated like steerage. I said don't need full refund, but a little food or drink while we waited would be a good start. $50 does not cover one day and 25% is nothing when you consider cist us 250 is nothing for the crap we had to deal with. It isn't that something went wrong, it is how it was handled that is the issue

Are you boarding yet?

What about all those people who paid non refundable deposits or already paid in advance for their shore excursion in Cozumel or Key West? Now that their not going their out that money and I bet $50 doesn't cover it.

Which is why you should either only book Carnival excursions (in which case your money will automatically be refunded), or only book with reputable vendors that will refund your money in the event of a missed port.

I'd take it in a heartbeat. What's even more suspicious is you joining CC a few hours ago' date=' putting your favorite cruise as NCL but comes to the Carnival board to use your 1st 3 post to complain about Carnival and their customer service. Something tells me we all know you already under a few other names.[/quote']

Exactly. They just joined a few hours ago and is already complaining.

So what about someone like me

ID Be complaining if this happened to me.

This one CCL messed up

Really Freeport over Keywest:eek:

The $50 is the difference in the port fees:cool:

The only reason they are going to Freeport is the Mechanic forgot to put the muffler bearings back in

Edited by jonbgd

Does anyone know if the carnival fantasy made it to Miami and when? Any updates today?

Also, does anyone know what the compensation will be for the past weekend detour from Nassau to Freeport? I was on that cruise and very disappointed in the experience as a gold member.