Guy's Burgers....Can They Be-That Enticing?

MAGNUM PI

Booked a Magic cruise for 2017. Magic currently getting upgraded, to include Guy's Burgers. I have never experienced this burger.

I have sensed people's anticipation, of the addition of this food offering.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves? There must be something that causes

such eager appetites? They seem to be legendary.

I had them on the Conquest a couple years back. They are good burgers. Not the best by a long shot, but very good.

I think the reason they are so popular with cruisers is because they are such a big upgrade over the burgers at the regular poolside grills on Carnival ships.

I would say that they are comparable to Five Guys with the biggest difference being...you're on a cruise ship!!! Seriously, I think one of the reasons that I enjoy them so much is that they use fresh ground beef (none of this frozen stuff) and I can dress it the way I like it!! Love me some Guys Burger Joint!

"I'll take a Plain Jane with extra fries, please" :D

Booked a Magic cruise for 2017. Magic currently getting upgraded, to include Guy's Burgers. I have never experienced this burger.

I have sensed people's anticipation, of the addition of this food offering.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves? There must be something that causes

such eager appetites? They seem to be legendary.

It's a fairly decent burger made fresh and served hot off the grill. "Plain Jane" with cheese, then add grilled onion and a mountain of bacon..... I'm making myself hungry! Happy cruising! Bill

It's not something that can be put into words really, most people really enjoy them. I had them for the first time earlier this month on the Glory. I really was expecting to the underwhelmed after reading all the hype about these burgers, but I have to say they were really good. I tried one of each kind on the menu, and finally settled in to my favorite (which I had at least one per day). Burger is fresh off the grill, good cheese, good sauces.

I didn't like the fries by themselves, but dipped in the Chipotle Mayo they were pretty good.

I'm guessing it is a decent burger that you can dress up with any of the toppings. Having it your way can make a big difference. Especially if they offer exotic toppings.

BINGO !!! :D

We enjoyed them a couple of times on the Sunshine in January.

Guy's is busy all day long so even if they pull a whole tray off the cooker they go fast and are still hot when you get it. The assortment of toppings at the fixin bar is great right down to caramelized onions and mushrooms. The fries are good dipped in the flavored mayo. :)

A tip ... get your drinks FIRST and plan to eat your Guy's food nearby - the line moves fast and they're wayyy better eaten hot.

We sat at the Red Iguana bar and watched folks wait 10+ minutes for an umbrella drink to go with their burger and fries which were cold by the time they got to take a bite

PS ... they have gluten free buns for those that are interested.

It's a decent greasy hamburger but nothing special - the topping bar has a good selection and the fries are really good I thought. Guys is definitely a major step up from the previous Lido burgers but don't go in expecting something amazing.

I, too, really like the hamburgers at Guy's. However, if there's a long line, I'll go to the Deli. They make some really good sandwiches. My favorite is the turkey wrap. Just something to keep in mind if you're hungry, and don't want to stand in a long line waiting for a hamburger.

Guys is overrated. Don't get me wrong, they are a thousand times better than the old burgers from the grill. And, they are actually very good. But, I don't think they live up to the hype that I see on Cruise Critic. My favorite burgers are from 5 Guys. And, Guy's Burgers doesn't hold a candle to them.

Before my Pride b2b I read on here about how everyone LOVED Guy's Burgers. Both my dh and I were unimpressed. It was just a burger. I like them thick and juicy. This was not. Even the french fry was unimpressive. I think they had just taken out a new batch but by the time I sat down they were not hot at all. Tasted ok. 21 day cruise and I only got the burger that one time because it just didn't taste that great.

Guys is overrated. Don't get me wrong, they are a thousand times better than the old burgers from the grill. And, they are actually very good. But, I don't think they live up to the hype that I see on Cruise Critic. My favorite burgers are from 5 Guys. And, Guy's Burgers doesn't hold a candle to them.

5 Guys burgers cost $$ .... Guy's Burgers are included in the fare :D

IMHO .... Free (included) Guy's trumps paying for 5 guys at home :D

It's a good burger. The times I've had one they are fresh off the grill and, yes, being able to top your own is a plus.

I am going to have to go back to 5 Guys after reading several of these threads. Went there once and was totally unimpressed (short line, long wait and nothing notable about the burger). OK. 2nd chance time.

Charlie

The responses to my thread, so far, have been mixed. As one might expect when evaluating food. Some are ecstatic about Guy's, that they can' t even find words, to describe their euphoria. While others say they are over rated.

I have experienced Five Guys, though. Love their fries; but don't think their burgers are exceptional.

Maybe Guy's appeal, is the toppings? Carmelized onions is hard to beat, IMO.

Edited by MAGNUM PI