All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

. It isn't feasible for us to take the short cruises, our airfare would be insane! Forums

Well the good news is we can drive to several ports . The bad news is living in Florida we are more interested in sightseeing than beach vacations.

Melody , That green top was intense but looked great on you . I tried that color and it really did not work.

Melody, good luck tomorrow! We'll all be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. I loved your pictures of Niagara Falls. It is on our short list of long weekend jaunts.

Sally, I just spent 4 days on Siesta Key and I've decided that September is the perfect month to visit (as long as no hurricane!) because the beach was practically empty and the restaurants weren't crowded at all. It was wonderful to swim in the gulf. Usually we're there at Christmas and it's too cold to swim. DH is away for a few days so I went down to spend time with my sister and my nephew, and my cousins. I hadn't realized how much I needed some girl time! And play time with a two-year-old! I was thinking of you in the stores because they are full of fall clothes in dark colors that seem so inappropriate down there.

I walked two miles on the beach every day, one day I took Zumba, and two days I swam laps in the pool -- Olympic size pool all to myself! And one day I spent about five hours running after my nephew so my sis and BIL could do some unpacking in their new house. I also had my share of fried shrimp and beer, so I'm not feeling too virtuous. :eek: But, I feel refreshed and ready to start back to work tomorrow.

Laurie, I'm wondering what you decided about the cream-colored dress.

Sally, I just spent 4 days on Siesta Key and I've decided that September is the perfect month to visit (as long as no hurricane!) because the beach was practically empty and the restaurants weren't crowded at all. It was wonderful to swim in the gulf. Usually we're there at Christmas and it's too cold to swim. DH is away for a few days so I went down to spend time with my sister and my nephew, and my cousins. I hadn't realized how much I needed some girl time! And play time with a two-year-old! I was thinking of you in the stores because they are full of fall clothes in dark colors that seem so inappropriate down there.

Margret , Glad you had a great time . My favorite months are October & November . Perfect weather , still uncrowded and the gulf is still warm . The stores do carry fall & winter clothes so I just stockpile clothes at the end of the season to last until the next year . We do get a brief time that we wear sweaters and jeans but usually it is summer wear year round .It can get boring .

Wow, Melody! I'm glad you are home and on your way to recovery. The weather has been cooler here for a few days - has it been that way over in Colorado too?

Melody, I think I am going to keep that dress. I don't have anything like it, and it appears easy to take in, even though it is lined. Considering that I ended up paying about 35% of the going price (that's 65% off) I felt pretty good about it.

I wore a jeans jacket (my first in many years) when running to the grocery store tonight. I got to thinking about you, Sally, and the discussions we have about the changing seasons here versus what you get in Florida. I must say, fall is my favorite season.

Melody , You are a better person than me . That non weight bearing would drive me nuts . Maybe you can lay on the couch and online shop .

Me too, I'd be lying there trying to figure out if I could Zumba in bed. :)

The last time I was laid up for that long, I ended up going back to university. And the time before that, we ended up with a weekend house. DH says my injuries are very expense!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Melody.

Had to laugh at the comments. I'm going stir crazy already [emoji849]. My iPad is also acting up so no shopping for me. I'm doing lots of crunches on the couch (only problem is its leather & I'm slipping). Les caught me crunching & sliding & about had a fit. Guess I'll give it another couple of days [emoji16]. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For my second knee surgery recovery, DH bought me the complete DVD set of Upstairs, Downstairs. It was the perfect present and kept me from buying another house. :)

I'm tagging along with DH who has a conference in Miami Beach. Yesterday we swam in the pool a lot because it's sooo hot here, and then had an amazing dinner at Scarpetta in the Fountainbleau Hotel. It is Miami restaurant month, so for $39pp we got three courses, an ocean view, and impeccable service. Date night!

We took a long walk on the boardwalk this morning, and then another swim. DH left for the afternoon sessions and I'm heading to the beach for a bit. Tomorrow morning I hope to bike down to South Beach and do some exploring. They have Citi Bike here, so it's only $10 to rent a bike for an hour.

The benefit of belonging to hotel points clubs is that they gave us this awesome corner room:

miamibeach2.jpg.e29a3a2ea6ef05ed853b8aa73f5c05a8.jpg

You guys are too funny. I'm laughing out loud, and my dogs are looking at me like I'm possessed. :)

Since my husband worked yesterday (yes, he worked on our first day of vacation for the football game, from 10:30 to around 7:30) today was our first day of our vacation, to me. We ran some errands, went to lunch (complete with an adult beverage) and picked up a paint sample. I guess I knew there would be no way I'd just sit around!

Anyway, I painted a big swatch on the wall, and the color is good. So on Thursday and Friday of our vacation, we're pulling up the carpet in the family room and repainting. This is the room we have the sectional ordered for, and the carpet should be another week to two weeks. Now is a good time to do this.

We plan to head to Ithaca Tuesday morning. We'll go through the commons, find out where Ithaca Brewing Company is located, and relax. When we leave Wednesday, we are going to head to the antique car museum, which is another hour and half away. The we will head home. I'm sure we'll head to the gym Wednesday as usual, out of guilt from our trip! I am thinking that tomorrow, we will need to think about what we want to do. We are planning to go to Movie Tavern again for a date night, so we'll see what we want to do in the early part of the day.

If you don't have a Movie Tavern near you, it's a movie theater where you purchase assigned seats. The seats are recliners, and they have a menu you can order from. The recliners have these little swing out tables to hold your food and beverages. Pretty neat, eh?

I think one thing we've all proven is that we are not exceptionally good at sitting still! Well, I will be sitting still in a little while, when I watch the Red Sox. I know I'm a New Yorker and all, but the Red Sox are my favorite team. Then the Mets, then the Yankees. I'm quite the black sheep around here.

Laurie. You & I are pretty happy with our Red Sox right now! We seldom get them on tv out here, but they're in the hunt & I'm in baseball heaven!

The pain ball catheter in my leg finally ran dry last night & I was able to sleep in my own bed, Ahhh. Not complaining, the pain ball gave me all the meds I needed without taking any narcotics. Just aches like a sore tooth now [emoji849]. Three more weeks in this cast then a month Nonweightbearing in a boot (really wish I didn't have stairs). Melody

Yesterday I rented a Citi Bike and biked about six miles down to South Beach, around a bit, and back to my hotel. I finished around 11am and by then it was so hot even my fingernails were sweating. I spent the rest of the day reading and napping by the pool. We went to Carrabas for dinner, which with Sweet Tomatoes falls into the category of restaurants we enjoy that we don't have around here. Plus we made it for happy hour, so we were indeed happy.

Miami01.jpg

Miami02.jpg

I would be sad to live in this building, because it would constantly remind me that I wasn't on a cruise:

Miami03.jpg

I bought this dress and scarf from JJill . Both are on sale and the dress is very stretchy and the material is great . The scarf just adds a punch of color .I thought I would post it since Margaret & Melody will be going to Florida .I wear an 8 so I bought a small and it fits perfectly .

026731_0TE.jpg.01baef1ea598d08f0e22c37449ebcb2a.jpg

056961_0TJ.jpg.e77256349b8f86defcbfa71f2576888a.jpg

Sally I tried that dress on at JJill (before my surgery) & decided against it as the waist fit me wrong. The color is great & material was lovely, just didn't work for me. If the waist had been higher or lower I'd have snapped it up (I did get a similar scarf tho... Melody

That looks like a similar cut to the short coral dress that I bought from jjill in the spring for my cruise. What is the fabric, is it cotton? Actually, now that I look again, maybe a jersey?

Edited by MJC