All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I'd like to say I'm not picky, but I am. I found one I like at Soma, but it's a one piece. And the size they have I think is going to be too big. I looked in Lands End earlier, but didn't see what I was looking for. I'll keep trying!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

This is the suit I like but it's not available in my size.

https://m.soma.com/store/product/magicsuit-danika-one-piece-swimsuit/570195585?color=&catId=&fromSearch=true

I'm looking at the olive one. Not sure if i'd like the higher neckline on a bathing suit?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Well, I burn easy. Even with sunscreen, one magnet for the sun is thst upper chest area that would be covered by this suit. I have dresses and shirts styled like this so I know it works for me, but I don't want everything to have the same styling, you know what I mean? It appears to be a really warm olive which is great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, Athleta is having 20% off all sale prices today only on line & in store. I just got another bathing suit...[emoji849]. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I ordered it. They had an additional 15% off today. One piece swimwear is always debatable for me, as the top and bottom size difference comes into play. I usually get a 10, as the bottom section is stretch and usually doesn't bag. This was only available in a 12, so I really wasn't sure. This particular brand tends to run rather tight, so we will see what happens. Since I got it down to $50.00, it's worth a try.

I saw the Athleta sale too. I went over this morning to see what they had. I've thought about the aqua bra sized grouping, but I'm going to hold off. I am also going to check Marshalls regularly because the last time I was in, they had a few beautiful swimsuits. They weren't right for me, but when you can get a Michael Kors swimsuit for $29.99, that is a steal. The Janzen suit in red had my name written all over it, but I couldn't get my size. That was only $19.99!

I got the twisted tankini (in tall!) & kata shorts in the powerful blue. I am contemplating the turquoise tankini but they don't have it in tall, guess I'll try it, I can always return it if it's too short in the body. I already have the kata shorts in turquoise & love them

Laurie, glad you got the suit, great price! I get my water aerobics suits at Marshalls, Ross, TJMaxx & some at Swimsuits4all. I go thru a suit every couple of months in the chlorine (& that's a chlorine resistant suit).

Everyone have a happy & safe 4th. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess what, Melody? Somehow, that swimsuit is suddenly back in stock. Lower price, and then the 20% off. Its a peachy color called sunset glow. I like the atilles blue as well, but sunset glow looks like it might be earth. If it isn't, I would call it a soft fire so it is close.

I admit that most of what I order tends to go back, but sometimes that is what you have to do when you are having trouble finding what you want. They have free shipping and free returns, so it is always easier for me to order from them, decide what I want, and then send back whatever I decide isn't quite right.

As you can tell, it's a lazy sort of day. Our grill broke, which was over ten years old. We have plans for tonight to go to a baseball game, and there are fireworks after. For whatever reason, it feels really out of whack to have the 4th of July fall on a Tuesday. It feels more like a Sunday to me. On the plus side, when I go to work tomorrow, it will be like working just a half week and then having the weekend off. :hearteyes:

I'm looking at cruises for next year. My husband suggested March or April. I didn't tell him, but I'm going to overlook March. College basketball fans don't cruise during March Madness, lol. Just kidding...I know they show a lot of games onboard. My reasoning was more to not be cruising during college spring break. I run the chance with April as well, and that can be coupled with Easter break for many school districts as well. So I think I will see what is available for the end of April.

I think I'll pass on Galveston, since from what all of you have told me, it's not the best port to cruise from. I'm trying to see what I can find. The website isn't working for me, but I've been able to pull up cruises on my app. We are looking to sail from a US port for this one...probably Florida.

Laurie, we almost always cruise in March or April, but we tend to do longer cruises (10 day minimum) than you do & don't run into tons of kids. We did ending April this year & very few kids, out of Galveston. We've been out of Galveston 3 times now & I think we're done with it. Fine if you drive but a Royal pain (get the pun [emoji849]) if you have to fly because of the lack of transportation from Houston.

Yay! I'm glad you got your suit! I got an email from Athleta this evening telling me that my turquoise suit was back in stock in the tall & did I want it added to my order with the 20% off. Of course I said yes [emoji6] Melody

I feel so behind in the conversation! Melody! I would absolutely love to do a vacation like your daughter is doing! Steps from the beach? Plans to be on a catamaran most of the time? OMG. Sounds like heaven! And I would LOVE to go with her packing list! Talk about truly feeling like you are getting away from it all!

Laurie...One of my favorite swim suits was a high neck suit. I loved swimming in that suit...the coverage on the upper chest was the best. That skin tends to get pink faster than anything on me and so I appreciated having it covered. I do use a rash guard and have for a long time, but at the extremes of the day (earlier and later) I did like having the high neck so I felt more comfortable getting some Vitamin D.

The thing I didn't like about mine was the back. I carry weight in what I finally learned is called a high hip. And the back of the swim suit ended too high on my back...ultimately it made my rear end look HUGE. And I didn't love that. I need the back to go down lower...

Melody, I'm glad you mentioned those swim shorts. Do you use them for paddle boarding? I have some that work for kayaking...but they aren't my fav and I'm very hopeful that I will be needing small sizes as time passes and we are more active after our move. I like the look of the ones you like a lot.

Especially for clothing, I'm not in shopping mode. I'm in donate and sell and throw away mode! We are in the final stretch. We pick up the truck next Thursday. *gasp* I think we're on track with the packing. It's so hard to know really. In a way, you just can't know you are on track until you are at the end, KWIM?

I did have to pack my first ugly box today. So far, there's only the one. An ugly box is a box that contains something that I just didn't have time to deal with before packing. That sounds odd, but the deal is that I just haven't the time to deal with old credit cards. I have a stack (sounds terrible, but I've been neglecting this chore for a while and my shredder doesn't shred cards...so it's a hand cramp nightmare to cut them all up) and so...I packed that stack of cards...ah well.

I achieved today's goal, which was to get through the office.

Our 20th anniversary was the 5th. We didn't have a big to do. It's postponed until further notice. Laurie, isn't your anniversary around now too?

Anita, I love the Kata swim shorts. I use them for paddleboarding, water aerobics, everything. Very comfortable. They also fit well under Columbia capris if I want more coverage.

Almost time for the big move.

Happy belated anniversary, you'll celebrate when it's the right time. Melody

Happy Anniversary Anita ! Good Luck with the move !

Melody, I really like those shorts . I ordered a new suit for our cruise and Disney world . It is a high neck tankini and a skirt bottom . I hope I like it . Got a great deal on the fourth .I am taking my grandkids to Disney in November so I am trying to build up my stamina to keep up with them .Gary babysat two of his grand kids the girl is five and made him play beauty parlor .Then at the end she put out her hand and said that will be a dollar . We have been laughing about it ever since .

Do any of you ever go to the RCI website? I can go to the page fine, I can go to my reservation, add excursions, etc. But if I try looking for cruises, I get an error message.

It worked for a short time Thursday evening, so I was able to get a better idea of what cruises are available. I then spoke with my TA, who is narrowing down options for me. I can get some excellent rates for the beginning of March, so I guess I have to check that March Madness schedule, lol. I can definitely do the same cruise I did in February, which was Cozumel and Key West. I really loved that itinerary. At the same time, I like to rotate. I saw one that goes to Belize and I think Costa Maya, which are both new to us. That could be fun also.

Anita, your packing sounds well underway! My shredder gets a lot of use. I'm a laundryholic and a shredaholic. Mine has the part for credit cards, so it definitely gets used for that. It is really hard to cut them up, I agree. That heavy plastic is awful to cut through.

I bet you are going to be very busy over the next few weeks with the move, but seeing that you are downsizing, it seems like unpacking and getting settled will be easier than in the past.

I was attracted to that swimsuit due to both the warm olive color and the style. I really like my shoulders these days, and I have found that certain necklines break up the broad chest area. At one time, I thought only of v-necks, and this actually works better for me in that a the strap location and thickness for a v-neck can be hit or miss. To me, this suit has a strong chance of being a long term keeper. I too have that problem that I burn almost immediately in the same area as you, Anita.

The Athleta swimsuits should be good additions also. I find that I tend to bring two suits most of the time. I find myself in the water more and more. I like that I will have choices. With some of the itineraries I'm looking at for next year, I may be bringing along three suits. I do use the hot tubs, when they aren't overcrowded, and sometimes I use the hotel pool as well on our pre-cruise day.

With all that being said, the September cruise is in Adventure, and that class has a hot tub that is located in the spa. It tends to be quiet and uncrowded, but I haven't been on this class in 9 years, so it could have changed. We are hoping to use this a lot! Maybe I will be brining 4 suits, if I end up with that many. :D

Those shorts look nice, Melody.

The only way I can go to RCI to do much of anything is on Gary's tablet . I am not happy with RCI lately . They have raised their prices unless you want a non refundable option .Their website rarely works. They now charge for room service and they are working on making both people buy the drink package which does not work for us as Gary hardly drinks but I drink wine which is expensive .I did book a Empress cruise but I got it booked before they made a few of the changes .

I'm very unhappy with Royal right now & very happy that our next cruise is on Celebrity!

Royal keeps changing & none of the changes are for the cruiser. Pay for room service, reinstated corkage fee on your allowed wine, Harmony has reinstated everyone in cabin has to purchase beverage package)if anyone purchases). & don't get me started on their terrible website! They need to fix their website & upgrade their customer service considerably before I'll go back to them! Ok, rant over

Laurie, I always bring one suit that I only wear in the hot tubs (they always have more chlorine than water!). I'm mot ruining my Athleta suits in them. Melody

I'm in agreement with both of you. I am all for change, and I understand that businesses sometimes have to do things to keep people from taking advantages. Therefore, not all changes go in a consumer's favor.

That being said, hire a few IT people. Get those bugs worked out of your website because people won't research and book cruises, excursions, etc. if the website doesn't work.

I don't use room service other than for breakfast once or twice on sea days. If they want to add special items at ala cart pricing, I'm okay with that, but leave the regular stuff alone.

I think the reason behind the corkage fee is that many travel agents and agencies are now giving a bottle of champagne or wine in the stateroom. At least, AAA does that, and we have very much enjoyed bringing it with us and sharing it with table mates over dinner. Even though the TA paid for it, I will bet there is a reduced price involved, and if it is shared, your tablemates are bypassing ordering a drink or two during dinner, maybe?

I love RCI, which is why I cruise with them. I will be diamond at the end of my cruise in September. But I have started to think about other lines. I think I enjoy formal nights more than many people, and I'm not sure other cruise lines really give it much thought.

I feel like I have a few more options than I did initially, but it's sad that so many of my favorite classes of ships are not sailing from the US at this time.

Here's a totally different thought to throw out there. I noticed on the last few cruises, there were a few nights where I dressed more casually. I noticed that my husband enjoyed wearing a casual shirt with his chino style pants. I'd like him to be able to do that more often, and I would like to have a few more dresses that are casual, that aren't a maxi. I love the maxi dresses I have - I'm even bringing a new one on the next cruise! But I have trouble finding earth colors in styles that I can wear. I know it's because I need to look more. If any of you see something, toss out a link on this thread. I love giving consideration to new things.

And casual can mean a lot of things to different people. I have two dresses that aren't maxis that come to mind right off. They are both prints. I can handle them, and like them a lot. But I truly prefer solids. My maxi is a print, and I have found that one print dress per cruise is great. I'd prefer not to bring more than one print though. That might sound odd, but I have really found that by exploring things such as Carol Tuttle, and other analyzing we have done on style really helps me. Now that I understand more, it is so easy for me to walk away from something that won't get worn much.

I have not figured out what draws me to certain prints yet, since there are some that I do like and wear. I never wear polka dots or stripes. I had a bold tropical like print dress I wore on the last cruise. The one with the gold zipper? I loved the comfort and style of the dress, but I was borderline comfortable/uncomfortable in the print. I also have a really neat one with an animal print, and awesome earth colors. I have to try that on again, as I think I might need to take it in a little bit. But I don't want to bring it along with the maxi.

It's so funny, at one time, I would have been looking and looking and looking at my dresses, trying to figure out what was wrong or what was bothering me. Now I know it's because I was bringing more than one print with me.

I'm anxiously looking forward to my swimsuits arriving! I think the olive one from Soma and the ones from Athleta are due to be delivered Tuesday and Wednesday.

Now I'll bounce to a different subject. We have had a lot or rainy, cooler weather this spring and summer. It tends to affect my skin and nails a lot. My nails are so long at the moment, it's becoming hard to type. Lol! :D I should celebrate and polish them. They aren't even filled with cracks and chips - they might just hold the polish!