All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie. Your red split sleeve dress with white jewelry & white shoes would be summery or the olive green with some statement jewelry & your gold sandals

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anita, thanks! What a nice thing to say! I'll be in "our" rashguard [emoji6]. These are wonderful, you can submerge for short periods (the snorkel seals itself). Submerge, check something out & return to surface, blow out snorkel, keep going. Most of what I like to do is "float" snorkel, just paddle along & look. This full face has 180 degree viewing & doesn't fog up. Best part is you just breathe normally, nothing in the mouth or having to keep the snorkel in position. Stays put on your head with thick adjustable (comfortable) bands that don't snag your hair. You can even get them with a go pro mount. I have the Head brand but the Triboard Easy Breath is excellent. I might actually order one from Amazon (teal, pink, neon yellow (!), with matching fins, they're about $60. I'm not crazy about the black love the bright blue tho. Both Les & I wear the S/M. Also, these are highly recommend for guys with mustaches & beards, daughter's SO is ecstatic with his. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ray & I each got Tribord masks from Santa last Christmas, and we love them. We mostly snorkel on the surface, so this style is ideal for us. Very comfortable with great viewing area. Here are pics. Bet you can guess which color is mine :Dc41d1c53230f244310b5e1c3839fb613.jpg6a944884522f746467012617f6f8c8bb.jpg

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

I've always wanted to snorkel. It sounds so much fun. Maybe someday, we can come up with a date for a group cruise that will work for all of us.

{{{Snip}}}

I don't really have time to look at this though. Tomorrow is our anniversary, and we have a date night planned. Dinner and a movie! I wanted it to be fun, so we are going to Movie Tavern, which is the place I told you about. They have recliners, and serve you your food and drinks right there in the theater. I figure we are dressing nice for the wedding the next day, so tomorrow can be fun and relaxing.

Have a wonderful anniversary, Laurie! I wish we still had one of those types of theatres near us.

Jane

{{Snip}}

Curt has his little girl that we all heard about and he also has a little boy. He does appear to be very busy with his family as well as his acting career.

Wanted to add...Jane, it's good to hear from you! I always wonder what happens to people on the thread. Sounds like you have a fun vacation planned...I think going on a water excursion with Melody would be a blast! I've never seen that kind of mask before (but I'm not really up on that)...it looks so much more comfortable than tube in the mouth! Did you say you hung out on the bottom of the pool though?

Hi, Anita!

🙊 Oops, I misremembered the gender of Curt's second child. Do you keep in touch with him? I haven't emailed him in quite a long time. He helped me a tremendous amount when I was nailing down my Earth season and first MOB outfit.

As far as the mask, it's really easy to use and comfortable. It isn't designed for those who want to do a lot of diving down to get a closer look at things, but it works well for the surface snorkeling that we do.

Jane

I have no white. I do have deep ivory pumps though. I forgot too that I have that chocolate brown charmeuse dress too.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Ooh, love that brown one!

Jane, that's the one that I really wanted (teal). I may still get it, but the Head does allow me to dive if I wish, decisions, decisions. Melody

Sally, these masks are amazing. I still can't get my eye wet so I was pretty apprehensive the first time I used it, but my entire face stays dry! I was doing laps the other day (they're not really designed for that) & Les said, I forgot how fast you used to swim (I was cruising right along, did 2 miles, 36 laps a mile). Made me happy. Melody

Sally, these masks are amazing. I still can't get my eye wet so I was pretty apprehensive the first time I used it, but my entire face stays dry! I was doing laps the other day (they're not really designed for that) & Les said, I forgot how fast you used to swim (I was cruising right along, did 2 miles, 36 laps a mile). Made me happy. Melody

I totally agree with Melody. We love our Tribord masks, but we don't tend to dive down with them.

The top of the snorkel part does close to seal out water if you go underwater, but there's nothing to "blow out". Just feels weird.

We have our official apt transfer date. August 9. Sigh. Like I said...should be more tedious than strenuous.

We were able to tour the apt and it is amazing how different it is. Very excited.

Melody...nice to read the bit about the dudes with facial hair and the mask style. DH always has issues getting a good seal on the masks so if he could get one with that style, that would be awesome! In the past he has literally opted to use his swim goggles instead of the wider mask.

I think it would be great fun for us all to do a water excursion of some sort! If we could just manage to all book a cruise at the same time...that'd be the first step though. That seems a hard ask though considering geography and schedules.

Good luck with the move, Anita! Your family really does seem to "get around"

As far as facial hair, I read a recommendation to use Vaseline to help seal the mask to your face.

It would be fun to all meet up on a cruise, but I can't imagine how we'd be able to time that. I've had to cancel 2 long-planned cruises in the past few years -- for exciting reasons (grand-babies) -- but still unpredictable.

I still have an unmarried son and probably 1 more baby from my middle daughter in the next few years.

Jane

So yesterday, my older daughter was working up at the mall. She stopped at WHBM to see if they still had that dress in my size, and they did. :D:D It was also on sale for less than it was online. I had her pick it up because it wasn't a final sale, and if I didn't like it, I could just bring it back.

It is really one of the nicest dresses I have found in a while, as far as prints go. It fits me very well, and it was a bit shorter than many of the dresses I wear. I liked the length a lot. With any of these types of chiffon dresses, you have a lining layer underneath, then the outer layer. The inside layer is a pale yellow jersey knit that lays really well. I would call it semi fitted. The outer part is loose and flowy.

Loose and flowy isn't really my thing, although I wear a lot more things that aren't fitted these days. I think I am going to wear the dress today, because it's perfect for the wedding. After though, I'm taking in the outer layer, a lot. It will still be plenty loose and flowy, but it will be at my comfort level.

I am thinking that I really want to wear that dress on the cruise, which means I have to take something else that is already chosen out of the lineup. My first thought is the print maxi. I have to think about that a bit. I liked the comfort factor of that dress a lot, and it looks really nice on, I think. I never really find a maxi that fits good in a solid color. I would have so much fun with that, because I could choose a really funky necklace if I wanted. They seem to go so well with that type of maxi.

Most importantly, I get that I don't really love prints. So bringing more than one creates this discomfort for me. I think I'm just going to wear it today, take it to be adjusted and just think about it a bit.

I'm working on the necklace thing too. One of my thoughts is that if I try something on with the dress and I like it, well then I do. So I think I just need to put the dress on, and try on more necklaces with it. Even if I don't have what I'm looking for, I will clearly be able to see what direction I want to head in.

Over on the fire thread, someone mentioned chocolate diamonds. That had already gone through my mind, and I like it. I just wanted more elegance than formality, I think. If I didn't mind the formality, this would probably be a strong contender. Please go through the photos - when you see it on, it is not nearly as big as it first seems:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/218036796/wedding-jewelry-set-bridesmaid-jewelry?ref=shop_home_active_31

Laurie, I'm glad you got that dress, it screamed summer wedding to me. I really love your print maxi tho for the cruise, I hope it doesn't lose its place in the rotation. Melody

On a completely different note... I recently discovered that my online library (Overdrive) has a genre called "Chick Lit" and in the mood for light hearted reading in the midst of all my moving business, I checked out The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, who I believe wrote the Shopaholic books. Fun read. Thought I'd share. Would make a great take along travel read.

Don't know how many of you are looking for casual pants. I found a seriously good deal at Costco yesterday. Travel pants, 27" ankle (29" available on line) zipper pocket (large enough for passport, flat wallet, earthy green, navy, grey (kind of a bluish grey) & black. Laurie, they're like your Eddie Bauer Travelex brand. I bought the green & black...$13.99 a pair. Melody

Anita, I will have to look at that. I'm looking for something to read as I just finished up Dear Daughter. It was a bit disappointing, and I could use something different! I very much enjoy mystery type novels. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I love all Jane Austen books. That is a weird combination, I know.

Melody, I will have to check those out! We have a Costco membership, so I can check the local store and online both.

The wedding we went to over the weekend was really nice. I couldn't get past the billowy dress, so I wore my new gold dress instead. I had this really cute bracelet necklace and earring set that went very well. I didn't wear the necklace though due to the neckline.

It's this dress here, in sunglow:

http://www.nyandcompany.com/sleeveless-swing-dress/A-prod11030006/

I will take a picture of the jewelry. It really worked out perfectly for the wedding. I know I'm going to love wearing this dress on the cruise also. I find myself looking at it in the aqua type color too.

With the floral WHBM dress, I was bringing a few items to my tailor, and I asked her about it. She agreed that it wasn't quite right for me, and that taking in the side seams so that it was still loose but not with so much fabric was the best thing for it. I could do it myself, but chiffon is a bit of a pain sometimes. My regular sewing machine really doesn't have a nice finishing stitch for seams like this. They do show so it matters.

So I am going to keep the dress.

I'm still looking for the right thing to go with the long teal dress. I guess I'll know it when I see it? I'm trying to find things on Etsy, but so much of what I am finding is very bridal like. I guess with people being more casual these days, I don't want to overdo it. At the same time, I'm dressing for me, so I'm not as concerned about what other think. It can be hard to find things with pearls and or rhinestones that feel sort of relaxed. Also, i really like the pearls to be a deep ivory, almost gold color. Otherwise, they end up very white looking, it seems.

Melody, your comment on the fire thread made me think of this. I too was tho king about jewelry to pick up on the color. This is not a big necklace, and actually looks great with the dress. I'm not sold on it but if I don't find something else. This will likely be what I bring. It didn't photograph great but it is very yellow like, not white.

45759601160ba48e9cd0e12622e881a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, how long is the pearl twist necklace ? I love the color & size variations in it. The drop necklace with the luminous stones is very pretty. Melody