Barcelona Port Shuttle Costs?

rochelle_s

The last time I was in Barcelona the port shuttle was 2 euros or 3 euros for a return ticket.

I recently read somewhere that the port shuttle is now 10 euros. This seems like quite the jump in price. Can anyone with recent experience tell me what the cost is?

If this is indeed the cost with five of us we would be better off arranging a taxi.

Thank you

Rochelle

• 1 month later...
It is definitely still €2 single and €3 return.

I don't know where you read it was €10 but that is not correct.

Where does the port shuttle transport? Need transportation from ship to airport. When staying in Barcelona previously, I took the Aerobus from pl. Catalunya to BCN. So, if I could get to PL Catalunya from ship for €2, and then take Aerobus for €5.9, would you suggest this, opposed to taxi from cruise port to airport?

Does anyone know taxi rates from cruise ship to BCN?

Edited by cruising grandma

Where does the port shuttle transport? Need transportation from ship to airport. When staying in Barcelona previously, I took the Aerobus from pl. Catalunya to BCN. So, if I could get to PL Catalunya from ship for €2, and then take Aerobus for €5.9, would you suggest this, opposed to taxi from cruise port to airport?

Does anyone know taxi rates from cruise ship to BCN?

The shuttle bus takes you to the Columbus statue - at the opposite end of Las Ramblas to the Plaza Catalunya so not suitable for getting the Aerobus.

The shuttle bus takes you to the Columbus statue - at the opposite end of Las Ramblas to the Plaza Catalunya so not suitable for getting the Aerobus.

Ok, thank you. I'm familiar with both places, but have walked from cruise port without luggage past Columbus statue, up Las Ramblas and to Plaza Catalunya and other points around there. I didn't think the port bus would take you to the airport for €2. Looks like the taxi will be most economical and easiest.(especially if we can coordinate with four or more people.

Ok, thank you. I'm familiar with both places, but have walked from cruise port without luggage past Columbus statue, up Las Ramblas and to Plaza Catalunya and other points around there. I didn't think the port bus would take you to the airport for €2. Looks like the taxi will be most economical and easiest.(especially if we can coordinate with four or more people.

Yes - an easy walk without luggage but not one I would want to do towing suitcases. Taxi is the best option - remember most take a maximum of 4 people and you may have to wait some considerable time for a larger vehicle.

Yes - an easy walk without luggage but not one I would want to do towing suitcases. Taxi is the best option - remember most take a maximum of 4 people and you may have to wait some considerable time for a larger vehicle.

I agree, that would be a difficult walk with suitcases.

From the port to the aiport, the cheapest option is to take the port bus to Drassanes (Columbus Statue), then take a bus/metro to connect with either bus 46 or local train R2 to the airport. This trip from ship to airport can cost at little as 3 euros per person, but you will have two transfers with some walking, and you have to deal with your luggage. A taxi is definitely easier, although you may have to wait a bit at the port if lots of people disembark at the same time as you.

What would a taxi cost from the port to Catalunya square? Is there a website I can go to?
You can find a taxi fare calculator here. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it says 17.15 euros from Moll Adossat to Plaça Catalunya. (I think that includes the supplement for the port, but there will be an extra charge for each suitcase.) Edited by hawkeyetlse

What would a taxi cost from the port to Catalunya square? Is there a website I can go to? Thanks for any help you can offer[emoji4]

It was between 15 and 20 Euros for us last year. They add 1 Euro per bag.

There is metro http://goo.gl/qQEWve running to airport now so its possible to get to Drassanes for 4.5€ pp and take port shuttle from there (2€ pp) http://goo.gl/oYwlTI So for party of 4 its 26€. Taxi is 39€ including all supplements & luggage. Not that much more and way faster and convenient.

Edited by hkto

Yes, I didn't mention the new metro connection to the airport (L9) because it costs more than the other public transport options I described, without being any faster or more convenient.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this but surely if there is a metro direct from Drassanes to the airport it is more convenient than having to change somewhere between Drassanes and the airport. And if it only costs 4.5 euros it's surely worth it for a direct ride straight to the airport :confused:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this but surely if there is a metro direct from Drassanes to the airport it is more convenient than having to change somewhere between Drassanes and the airport. And if it only costs 4.5 euros it's surely worth it for a direct ride straight to the airport :confused:
It surely would be, but the metro is not direct from Drassanes. You have to take the L3 to the terminus Zona Universitària (10 stations), and then switch to the L9 (another 14 or 15 stations to the airport).

There is no direct public transport link to the airport from where the port bus drops people off.

It surely would be, but the metro is not direct from Drassanes. You have to take the L3 to the terminus Zona Universitària (10 stations), and then switch to the L9 (another 14 or 15 stations to the airport).

There is no direct public transport link to the airport from where the port bus drops people off.

Right. Got it now. Thanks

Edited by Bobal