Taking a vote

MotherofTrips

We have 4 nights of specialty dining. One will be used for Cirque the other for Teppanyaki. Which only leaves 2 left. We all like filet mignon, 4 out of 6 like seafood. What other 2 should we do?

1. Cagneys 2. Le Bistro 3. Moderno

Edited by MotherofTrips

Hi!

Just to make sure you are aware, the SDP typically has not included Cirque. There was a PP surcharge for Cirque even with the package. I believe it was 10.00 pp for regular seats; 15. pp for premium seats, and 35. pp for VIP seating.

And in answer to your question, my choice would depend on what I was looking for, i.e., a quiet romantic dinner for 2, Le Bistro hands down; in the mood for a steakhouse type dinner, Cagneys. Moderno would probably always be my last choice. It isn't done as well as it is done on land, and I get annoyed that they bring all the cheaper cuts first, i.e., chicken and sausage and ribs. My own view is that they hope you will fill up on the salad bar and not have room for much filet etc when it is finally served. But having said that, we have often said - don't bring us any chicken or pork, we only want the beef cuts, and they have usually paid attention and accommodated....

Terry

Hi!

Just to make sure you are aware, the SDP typically has not included Cirque. There was a PP surcharge for Cirque even with the package. I believe it was 10.00 pp for regular seats; 15. pp for premium seats, and 35. pp for VIP seating.

And in answer to your question, my choice would depend on what I was looking for, i.e., a quiet romantic dinner for 2, Le Bistro hands down; in the mood for a steakhouse type dinner, Cagneys. Moderno would probably always be my last choice. It isn't done as well as it is done on land, and I get annoyed that they bring all the cheaper cuts first, i.e., chicken and sausage and ribs. My own view is that they hope you will fill up on the salad bar and not have room for much filet etc when it is finally served. But having said that, we have often said - don't bring us any chicken or pork, we only want the beef cuts, and they have usually paid attention and accommodated....

Terry

Thank you. Yes I am aware of the surcharge. I originally thought that just having the package allowed you to get in for that surgage but then I found out that it counts as one of your days :(

I'll be with my husband, mother and 3 kids. We were never at a Brazilian steakhouse so that's why it was one of my options.

I'd go with Cagneys and Le Bistro, but given you say you've never been to anything like Moderno, why not try that instead of Le Bistro? I do enjoy Moderno and it is a different experience to the others.

I personally would rate Le Bistro slightly higher than Cagneys, but given you say most of your group like Filet mignon you might find more to please everyone at Cagneys.

There are seafood options at both, depending on what he likes. Here's a sampling...

750b047f2af7ee5e07a3007d8e3d6ef9.jpg

Split whole lobster at Cagney's

69d6a46273f15a636d258e72f72764d4.jpg

Seafood medley appetizer at LeBistro

9c73d31a2eed7fa862aca9a1f67c94fd.jpg

Freebie fried seafood basket at O'Sheehans (at least on the Escape)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are seafood options at both, depending on what he likes. Here's a sampling...

750b047f2af7ee5e07a3007d8e3d6ef9.jpg

Split whole lobster at Cagney's

69d6a46273f15a636d258e72f72764d4.jpg

Seafood medley appetizer at LeBistro

9c73d31a2eed7fa862aca9a1f67c94fd.jpg

Freebie fried seafood basket at O'Sheehans (at least on the Escape)

My son loves lobster! How much extra do you have to pay for that with SDP?

It comes all split and clean??? Oh he will love this! I thought I read somewhere that you can pay a fee in MDR to get lobster. Is this true?

Yep, this is how it comes - split and cleaned. It's relatively small, probably the equivalent of a nice tail at a land-based restaurant.

You're right, there's also an a la carte option in the main dining room to order the split lobster. I ordered it both in the MDR and at Cagney's for a comparison, and they were identical.

Yep, this is how it comes - split and cleaned. It's relatively small, probably the equivalent of a nice tail at a land-based restaurant.

You're right, there's also an a la carte option in the main dining room to order the split lobster. I ordered it both in the MDR and at Cagney's for a comparison, and they were identical.

Sorry so many questions. Do you know if it's available in both MDR and is it available any day? Since we have to eat there 3 nights maybe he should try something different at Cagneys and get the lobster there.

Sorry so many questions. Do you know if it's available in both MDR and is it available any day? Since we have to eat there 3 nights maybe he should try something different at Cagneys and get the lobster there.

On any given night, the menus will be the same across all 3 main dining rooms, and the a la carte options are always present.

Cagney's also has a nice surf/turf combo, which worked out better portion-wise for me (more filling).

cd582f3c1e63c2eeb31b7815ba22009b.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

On any given night, the menus will be the same across all 3 main dining rooms, and the a la carte options are always present.

Cagney's also has a nice surf/turf combo, which worked out better portion-wise for me (more filling).

cd582f3c1e63c2eeb31b7815ba22009b.jpg

This has my vote!

If you're on BA or GA, consider paying the additional upcharge for Ocean Blue if you're looking for seafood. You can't go wrong with Cagney's, Le Bistro *or* Moderno IMO. They're all fantastic. I think Cagneys has a sea bass entree. That is pretty much heaven on a plate. But Le Bistro has the seafood bouillabaisse. Mmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk