Transportation from Seattle airport to the cruise port

CN1

There are two Seattle cruise terminals. The Solstice uses Pier 91 (Smith Cove). This is the terminal north of the downtown area.

The light rail runs from SEATAC to Westlake. If you can manage your luggage it is an option. Our current favorite Seattle downtown hotel is the Mayflower Park, which is located beside Westlake. Hotels closer to Pier 91 will be in the vicinity of the Seattle Center, and the monorail can be used to transit between Seattle Center and the downtown area.

If you use the Cruise Critic search function there has been discussion both on the West Coast departures and Alaska forums regarding transportation options.

Can anyone help me out regarding transportation from airport to hotel and back to airport after the cruise? We leave July 22....RT from Seattle on Celebrity Solstice. Thanks!

Depends where you are spending the night. We stay downtown at Inn at the Market or the Hyatt. The Hyatt is a block and a half from the train station and inn is about 4 blocks. The light rail is $3. per person. Going back you can get a taxi about $55 plus tip or a car service about the same price. Doing Alaska we don't take a lot of luggage we just do carryon for only 7 days. Especially since you don't need formal dress it makes it easier.

depends on where you are staying .... airport or downtown? and how many in your party?

Seattle Express partners with numerous hotels. If you stay at one of those hotels they will shuttle you to the pier for $15pp, and will take you from pier to airport for $15pp.

The airport taxi line will cost you about $40-$45 if you're going downtown. A taxi from downtown to the pier will be about $20.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening.

Wonder if I can get some info on the following:

1 Referral of a hotel in Seattle for day before cruise to Alaska

2 recommendation for transfer from airport to hotel

3 recommendation for transfer from hotel to pier for cruise.

4 recommendation on how we can get from cruise ship to car rental for an extended vacation in Seattle to Vancouver

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any suggestions. Cindy

Evening.

Wonder if I can get some info on the following:

1 Referral of a hotel in Seattle for day before cruise to Alaska

2 recommendation for transfer from airport to hotel

3 recommendation for transfer from hotel to pier for cruise.

4 recommendation on how we can get from cruise ship to car rental for an extended vacation in Seattle to Vancouver

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any suggestions. Cindy

Hotels are pretty pricey downtown and prices vary dramatically. For one night pre-cruise some people choose to stay by the airport since it is much cheaper and they don't have time to sightsee. But even near SeaTac, prices vary ... from economical chains like Sleep Inn to a lovely property like Cedarbrook Lodge.

Go the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and look under Top Questions for an excellent article with hotel information.

Transfer options ... depends on which pier and if you're staying downtown or at the airport. Seattle Express partners with numerous hotels and charges $15pp to either pier. STILA Towncar at the airport charges $45 from SeaTac to pier 66, probably $65 to pier 91. If you're staying downtown a cab to either pier will be $15 - $22.

There are 3 car vendors with kiosks at the pier. They will shuttle you to their office downtown to pick up a car. But price all the vendors to find the best deal ... a $20 taxi fare might save you a bundle.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

may I suggest you go to tripadvisor.com and go to the Seattle forum. On top right you can read 'cruises from Seattle.' which has a whole section on your transportation choices from seatac to downtown and to cruise ships. Its in an easier format to find the information.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all, Wife and I are on the July 8 Cruise RCCL Explorer of the sea which leaves pier 91.

We live locally but don't want to pay the parking fees at the Pier, so will put the car in employee parking at SeaTac Airport and take Shuttle Express to the Pier. They charge $22.00 per person each way, and also have a package deal from SeaTac to local hotels, then onto the Pier for cruise the next day. There is a extra charge for this. Here is their website for anybody who wants more information. Happy Cruising.

Chris Neville

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

P.S. don't know if it allowed to post websites, if not allowed, please accept my apology.

• 3 weeks later...

Just throwing this info out there in case it might help someone.

I just called STILA and asked about transportation from SeaTac to a downtown hotel (Hyatt Olive 8) for a party of 5 and they said it is $55 and their SUVs will hold 5 people and 5 bags. They said to just use the phone at the airport and an SUV would arrive quickly.

I also asked about a limo and they said they only have 1 stretch limo that would hold 5 and if we wanted it, to call as soon as we land to see if it's available.

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon if the info provided was correct.

Hello to all, Wife and I are on the July 8 Cruise RCCL Explorer of the sea which leaves pier 91.

We live locally but don't want to pay the parking fees at the Pier, so will put the car in employee parking at SeaTac Airport and take Shuttle Express to the Pier. They charge $22.00 per person each way, and also have a package deal from SeaTac to local hotels, then onto the Pier for cruise the next day. There is a extra charge for this. Here is their website for anybody who wants more information. Happy Cruising.

Chris Neville

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

P.S. don't know if it allowed to post websites, if not allowed, please accept my apology.

You could use a flat rate cab service for even less. Lets you travel on YOUR schedule instead of theirs.

flatrateforhire.com is $35 to pier 91. Uber and lyfft are even less.

Edited by mapleleaves