One of those "how strict" is carnival...

Thinking of doing 2 weeks cruise... my currently 1 year old will be turning 2 years midway through the cruise.. would we be able to use kids club? and just leave him there without us being present in the room for the first part of the cruise before he turns 2? :)

thanks

Thinking of doing 2 weeks cruise... my currently 1 year old will be turning 2 years midway through the cruise.. would we be able to use kids club? and just leave him there without us being present in the room for the first part of the cruise before he turns 2? :)

thanks

Unlikely.

We were able to get our 8 year old into the 9-11 room (he was 3 months off 9) so that he could be with his sibling so there is some flexibility but I think younger than 2 would be a definite no if only for insurance reasons. If you see them on the first day I think you have a good chance of getting him in once he has turned 2 but no guarantees. Might depend on who you speak to. Definitely go to the Camp Carnival kick off on embarkation day and speak to them then.

i cannot comment on carnival however having recently travelled around the world (including two royal cruises) with my 1 year old son, i do have a few tips i can offer.

Firstly, we have learnt that cruise lines are quite strict on the ages of children in regards to kids clubs however found royal Caribbean the most accommodating to a 1 year old - which is why we booked with them. The kids club is called Royal Tots and Bots! i would highly recommend them!

we had options to leave him under supervision through the day when ported for a few hours - we didn't do this but having the option to was great...

also we were able to have him babysat in the evening after dinner for a few hours. either 6-7? to midnight at around $8US an hour in kids club! we would feed, bath him and run him into the kids club so hubby and i could enjoy dinner together on honeymoon. in room babysitting is also available but we have never used this.

also, keep in mind most cruises don't allow non toilet trained babies to swim in the pool so purchase a small wading pool to take along :D

Hi, I found this in the Carnival cruise contract (note the last sentence):

16. CHILDREN CENTRES

Centre Attendance Requirements:

Carnival Cruise Lines Youth programs provide highly engaging age-appropriate activities for children and teenagers between the ages of 2 and 17 years old. Carnival’s policy is to group children together according to their age. Youth Program age policies are in place so that we can provide participants with age appropriate activities and so they can mingle with children their own age. The age of the child on the day they board the cruise is the age we use for the entire holiday.

Read more at http://www.carnival.com/au-legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx#1GKv1dr8MixuQyhy.99