Celebrities on board

Funbobby68

Charo ..... I love it must have been the love boat

A little FYI ... We're going to a Convention in Laughlin NV next month. Tonight I was over at the hotel website and Ms. CHARO will be performing at the Riverside Resort. Actually she might be there at the end of this month.

Wow ... I couldn't believe she's still around ...her photo looked pretty much the same since the 70's.

Sorry ...just had to add ...:):)

A little FYI ... We're going to a Convention in Laughlin NV next month. Tonight I was over at the hotel website and Ms. CHARO will be performing at the Riverside Resort. Actually she might be there at the end of this month.

Wow ... I couldn't believe she's still around ...her photo looked pretty much the same since the 70's.

Oh wow ...maybe with special guest Adrienne Barbeau .... In retrospect there were quite a few celebrities the bounced back and forth between love boat fantasy island , and maybe Hollywood squares

Sailed on the Oasis in 2010 for Memorial Day. Shawn Johnson (Olympic gymnast & godmother) was onboard with a lot of her friends. I didn't recognize her at first because she was older than when she was competing and put on a little weight.

I kept seeing her all over the ship. Finally, she was sitting next to me in the beach pool when I leaned over and asked if she was Shawn Johnson. She quietly said yes. I then asked if I could take a picture with her and she said "no!"

I guess she wanted to enjoy vacation without being mobbed by people.

She should have just said no she isn't Shawn Johnson.

In the 30 years that I have managed cruise ships, we had many celebrities sailing with us. The majority were there to relax and enjoy their holiday.

Many specifically requested that we not divulge their presence onboard. They stayed to themselves, spent a lot of time on their balconies, and usually had private shore excursions.

Surprisingly, very few passengers recognized them when they walked around the ship.

We were on a cruise with Stevie Wonder. He did 1 show, and it was amazing! Can't remember if that wa Monarch or Ecstasy, but I'm pretty sure it was Monarch.

That's OK ... Stevie didn't know what ship he was on either. :D

Edited by F27TW

Hahaha remember that Carol Burnett show skit where she played Charo's mother ? And her boobs were down around her waist?

That's who youre going to see ! The Carol Burnett version ... LOL!

Hahaha remember that Carol Burnett show skit where she played Charo's mother ? And her boobs were down around her waist?

That's who youre going to see ! The Carol Burnett version ... LOL!

I remember that episode, that was truly funny ,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app