Port Day MDR Lunch? and Hot Tea?

Hi,

I'm cruising again next week. Since my last cruise, I have given up coffee and am drinking hot tea instead. Is this available on Lido? I never paid attention before.

Also, is lunch ever offered in the MDR? I know Brunch is on sea days, but is there lunch on port days? Or is lido the only option for lunch on those days?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, regular and decaf tea are available all day/night at the coffee stations on Lido. I've heard specialty tea will now have a fee, but I'm fine with regular tea.

Sorry, can't answer your other question as we have never stayed on board on port days.

Lipton Regular and Decaf Tea Bags and Green Tea is available for free on Lido and also in MDR.

No lunch in MDR on Port days. Lunch was served one day on one of our Journeys cruise instead of Brunch but they only did that for the Journeys cruises.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I am also a hot tea drinker. While regular Lipton is fine for what they provide, sometimes I want a flavored tea. So I got in the habit of packing a few of my own flavored tea bags, even before the new $1.95 upcharge. Although Earl Grey is usually my go-to when flavored teas ARE available, that is only because my favorites (Cinnamon Stick/Bigelow and Citrus Spice/Revolution) are NEVER available. These are individually wrapped, so it is easy to toss in the luggage when packing or carry around in a back pocket while on the ship.

Hi,

I'm cruising again next week. Since my last cruise, I have given up coffee and am drinking hot tea instead. Is this available on Lido? I never paid attention before.

Also, is lunch ever offered in the MDR? I know Brunch is on sea days, but is there lunch on port days? Or is lido the only option for lunch on those days?

Thanks for the help!

What I itinerary.on key West and Cozumel port days on victory MDR was open for lunch

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

After hearing about the policy change on hot tea, I packed a baggy with some Twinings Irish Breakfast tea just in case..

As an FYI, when I asked for hot tea in the MDR after dinner, my waiter brought out a wooden box filled with different teas, selected Bigelows English Breakfast, no additional charge....

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

After hearing about the policy change on hot tea, I packed a baggy with some Twinings Irish Breakfast tea just in case..

As an FYI, when I asked for hot tea in the MDR after dinner, my waiter brought out a wooden box filled with different teas, selected Bigelows English Breakfast, no additional charge....

When was your last cruise? It changed late January.

If the buffet is out of green tea, ask for it. On our Miracle cruise they only put a few bags out at a time.

Edited by SadieN

When was your last cruise? It changed late January.

If the buffet is out of green tea, ask for it. On our Miracle cruise they only put a few bags out at a time.

We sailed on the Dream the week of Jan 31. Read about the change the week before on John Heald's FB page, which is why I packed my own tea. Lipton is OK but I need 2 bags for a decent brew...