Drink Package Increase?

ktex1968

Sailing in two weeks, logged on to reserve and get this:

The Premium Beverage Package*

PRICES STARTING FROM*

$64.90 USD Adult per day

Anyone else seeing this increase?

Looks like an increase in the base price from $49 to $55.

A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.

Well, damn.

A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.

Well, damn.

I know it says that but that probably isn't correct. It said the same when I bought ours but the price DID include gratuity. Since it's an oddball price I'm sure gratuity is included on yours also.

Another thing - you may not be able to "modify" the order once it's in your shopping cart, but you CAN "delete" the order before you actually pull the trigger and pay.

Sailing in two weeks, logged on to reserve and get this:

The Premium Beverage Package*

PRICES STARTING FROM*

$64.90 USD Adult per day

Anyone else seeing this increase?

On the phone with them now, they are saying it's Spring Break pricing for the drink package- are you freaking kidding me????

On the phone with them now, they are saying it's Spring Break pricing for the drink package- are you freaking kidding me????

Makes sense, they probably could have raised the price $20 a day and sold just as many for Spring Break.

I already bought our beverage packages for our May 1st cruise to lock in the price. I was afraid "May" might be the starting month of "Summer" pricing. My cruise planner is still showing the $57.82 price so far.

I don't usually like to pay too early but it's not like the money is earning any interest in my savings account. Plus with my credit card dates, I won't have to pay it until April 3rd.

Now if only the price would go down.... I'll be watching these boards for that info!!! I'm ready to cancel and repurchase at a moments notice!

No, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

I know it says that but that probably isn't correct. It said the same when I bought ours but the price DID include gratuity. Since it's an oddball price I'm sure gratuity is included on yours also.

Another thing - you may not be able to "modify" the order once it's in your shopping cart, but you CAN "delete" the order before you actually pull the trigger and pay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That's exactly what happened!!! I've debating for months about purchasing the package. I think that I just made my decision tonight. Going to tell my friend who is travelling with us to do the same.

Trying to figure out why you are seeing one price and I'm seeing another. We're sailing in 5 weeks- which I understand is still considered Spring Break and I have the lesser price. By any chance is your cruise less than 7 nights? I've been told that the college crowd goes for the shorter cruises.

OR - maybe April isn't considered Spring Break for colleges. I know that Pitt always has graduation that last Sunday in April.

Edited by CookieDiva

Trying to figure out why you are seeing one price and I'm seeing another. We're sailing in 5 weeks and I have the lesser price. By any chance is your cruise less than 7 days?

No we sail in 17 days. They won't budge, spent 30 minutes talking to them. What a crock of crap.

Trying to figure out why you are seeing one price and I'm seeing another. We're sailing in 5 weeks and I have the lesser price. By any chance is your cruise less than 7 days?

Maybe they don't consider your cruise a Spring Break cruise?

No we sail in 17 days. They won't budge, spent 30 minutes talking to them. What a crock of crap.

That's very strange. I just checked my Cruise Planner (I also sail in 17 days), and I'm seeing the $57.82 price.

Maybe I should go ahead and buy it just to lock in the price. I can always cancel it later. I was hoping to find a Diamond discount onboard, but if they're playing games with the pricing, my hopes may be dashed.

I have a cruise scheduled for two weeks ( March,13th). I also have a cruise scheduled for July 24th. I just looked and the premium beverage price for the cruise in two weeks is $64.90 and for the cruise in July is still $ 57.82. We buy the Royal Replenish and luckily we bought it back in December. I just checked and if I had waited until now, it would have cost me about $60 more. I think I need to go a head and buy it for the cruise in July before it goes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed the soda package is more expensive (at least based on my memory) than my last cruise in November too so it is across the board.

Yeah, it went up a little while ago. It's also now the same price for kids as for adults, making it much more expensive for families.

I have a cruise scheduled for two weeks ( March,13th). I also have a cruise scheduled for July 24th. I just looked and the premium beverage price for the cruise in two weeks is $64.90 and for the cruise in July is still $ 57.82.

Okay, here's what I've gathered so far (by checking to see what I think are the sailings being referenced):

For some sailings on March 13, the Premium Package has gone up to $64.90/day:

• Navigator of the Seas (6 night sailing out of Fort Lauderdale)
  • Liberty of the Seas (7 night sailing out of Galveston)

For other sailings on March 13, it's still $57.82/day:

• Freedom of the Seas (7 night sailing out of Port Canaveral)

Edited by Daghis

Enchantment in a few weeks, I didn't pre-purchase due to all the OBC I had for this cruise, but thinking I'll do pay as I go along with my free diamond drinks and call it a day.

IMG_0208.jpg.cc68f23789ec3eff0db5a083d76edfee.jpg

Edited by Mooguy