Currency in Sts. Thomas and Martin

CookieDiva

Hi All!

Working on our cruise documentation (Yeah!) and am trying to figure out the best credit card for us to use on our trip.

If we will not be in need of currency conversion I'll use one card, but if we will need currency conversion, I'll use another.

TIA!

Beth

Hi All!

Working on our cruise documentation (Yeah!) and am trying to figure out the best credit card for us to use on our trip.

If we will not be in need of currency conversion I'll use one card, but if we will need currency conversion, I'll use another.

TIA!

Beth

St Thomas uses US Dollars.

St Maarten uses the Netherlands Antilles Guilder on the Dutch side and the Euro on the French side, but takes US Dollars everywhere we've been.

Hi All!

TIA!

Beth

Royal Caribbean Visa Card

St Maarten uses the Netherlands Antilles Guilder on the Dutch side and the Euro on the French side, but takes US Dollars everywhere we've been.

So say we make a CC purchase in St. Maartin? Would they charge us in US dollars? Or would they use the local currency and the CC would convert?

Royal Caribbean Visa Card

We prefer our Citibank Double Cash Back. 2% cash back that can be used anywhere.

I always have a currency conversion fee-free credit card. (Capital One Visa)

That's the card we will use too if we will

need to have currency converted. I believe that Discover does not charge

too, but is not as widely accepted.

So say we make a CC purchase in St. Maartin? Would they charge us in US dollars? Or would they use the local currency and the CC would convert?

Depends on the vendor, ask them before you purchase.

Hi All!

TIA!

Beth

I'm with Carol, Capital One, no foreign transaction fees and ATM fees reimbursed up to $30 per month.

I'm with Carol, Capital One, no foreign transaction fees and ATM fees reimbursed up to $30 per month.

Yep. Like I said previously, we have that card and that's the one that we'll be using if we needed to be concerned about the currency conversion. Which it sounds like we will.

Thanks all!