Culinary Classes

caseythegr

My 17 year old son and I will be on the Liberty in April. He has asked about taking some culinary classes. I see there are a few in Cozumel, what I am wondering is if they offer any on the ship? He is planning on attending Culinary school in the fall so this would be a great experience for him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

There are none on any ship/class in the Royal Fleet. I had a similar inquiry a few months back. It seems even for a charged class Royal has no real desire to free up a kitchen (space) to offer a hands on culinary class as part of their offerings (even on sea days).

I did the Culinary class in Cozumel a few years ago. It was very good and a lot of fun. I am sure he would enjoy it The chef was young but very professional. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are none on any ship/class in the Royal Fleet. I had a similar inquiry a few months back. It seems even for a charged class Royal has no real desire to free up a kitchen (space) to offer a hands on culinary class as part of their offerings (even on sea days).

Thank you very much.

Laurie

I did the Culinary class in Cozumel a few years ago. It was very good and a lot of fun. I am sure he would enjoy it The chef was young but very professional. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well it looks like we'll be doing this one, thanks.

Laurie

When Navigator was sailing out of Galveston they would do sushi or guacamole demos as a way to advertise Izumi and Sabor. Liberty has Sabor so they may do a guac demo poolside one day. Not a class per se but the only food demo I have seen recently.

Hi,

Maybe not on all ships but there were classes on Navigator of the Seas. I took a $30 Sushi class and afterwards my husband and I had the BEST lunch EVER!

They also offered a Italian class and If they offer on Explorer I'll take it. ( I have a pic but it won't attach here???)

Freedom did them one year. We did chocolate and Risotto. We used the Chops kitchen For risotto which isn't used in the day. The Chocolate class was in Windjammer

I'll be looking for that risotto class. I'm still missing Scallop Risotto in the MDR.