Sunshine (revisited) 02/13/16 Exotic Carib review

jimbo5544

I will chime with a small tidbit there is a height requirement for the ropes couse it is 48 inches and they did enforce that. And the big water slides were 42 inches. The only reasone I paid attention to this is my 6yr old wanted to do this as there is one on a much larger scale at our local zoo we enjoy. And he was about 47 1/2. But safety first I understand a little bummed out.

Understand that, Carson could not go either. My wife took him to the arcade.

Edited by jimbo5544

As we pulled into St. Kitts I could see there were two Celebrity ships a t the main pier. I did not take any pics here, but at the main pier there are a bunch of shops (kind of like Falmouth. We docked at the commercial pier.

We were on the Dolphin encounter. It was a very short ride from the ships and there were 4 groups. 3 groups were doing the Dolphin swims and just ours doing the encounter. This is pretty new her, I think only about two years old.

The excursion was fine and just right for the kids. They do not allow cameras and try and sell you the world when you are done in photos. My son in law hung tough and got a package for a fairly reasonable price.

After returning to ship, we went and changed, got something to eat and then came out and got on the free shuttles down to the cruise pier. The gang walked around and shopped, I bought a coffee and got free high speed internet (really high speed) and we face timed back home (it was our twins birthday) and then we headed back to the ship.

Edited by jimbo5544

Good news Jimbo. Beginning with post 201 (new page in my browser) no more wide for me. :)

Thanks, I thought it was tied to when I mistakenly posted a large picture, or someone quoted one of my my posts with a large pic. More coming later today.....

Really been enjoying this review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do it.

Safe Travels.

Chass.

Btw, did you do a review on any of your Magic trips? We are heading on there in the spring of next year and I would love to see something you had written on it. I really like your style.

Thanks again

Really been enjoying this review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do it.

Safe Travels.

Chass.

Btw, did you do a review on any of your Magic trips? We are heading on there in the spring of next year and I would love to see something you had written on it. I really like your style.

Thanks again

Thanks for the nice words, believe me it is more fun for me doing the reviews. I did not do a review of the Magic. Our first trip was before I started doing reviews and the second had someone on our cruise do a big review so I passed.

I love taking sunset pictures. When we cruise with our normal crowd, we usually do late dinner seating which gives me ample opportunity to get sunset pictures (I have tons....). When we travel with the grand kids, we do early seating, just not fair to have them wait so late for dinner. This usually puts a kbosh on sunset picture taking, except when we travel in winter months. The timing is iffy, but there are chances.

This night was one of those times. Here are a few that I took.

2nvf5nt.jpg

After returning to ship, we went and changed, got something to eat and then came out and got on the free shuttles down to the cruise pier. The gang walked around and shopped, I bought a coffee and got free high speed internet (really high speed) and we face timed back home (it was our twins birthday) and then we headed back to the ship.

Some how we missed info about a free shuttle to the main pier/town. Oh well we took a taxi to Carambola Beach club. We thought this beach was the best beach we visited on our trip. GT was 2nd only because we didnt know GT was so rocky only about a foot or two in, we were not prepared (water shoes next time)... from Carambola we walked down almost to shipwreck beach to see the black volcanic sand. Along the way we saw some neat lounging areas under palm trees ect. Not part of the beach club. I would share my pictures but they are on my phone and haven't figured out how to post them here yet. I will try if you want.

And another. Pretty unique how there are low hight clouds that hide the small mountains (I think this is the only island we have seen this on).

2s9oeja.jpg

I think it is called a cloud forest or something per Wikipedia. Those peaks used to be volcanoes and now far up the mountain side there are rainforest and then a thing called a cloud forest about 3,000 ft up. Both islands peaks are often cloud ringed apparently. If a top the mountian and no cloud coverage it is quite a view to see the Leeward islands and more.

That evening dinner was good as usual, it is kind of funny how you get into a comfort zone with the staff. They work hard to pick up on your wants and desires in regards to dinner and this was group was not an exception to that.

One of the things I kind of do is track the view I have of how they (and others) service their tables, who shows up for dinner and who does not and also my pet peeve, who come into the MDR 20 minutes after dinner has started. This cruise was pretty much everyone getting in there on time. This is certainly more meaningful on early seating as compared to late seating. There was one booth who never came that was assigned to our team.

The assistant Maitre'd (I cannot remember her name, but she had ours-computers help there) stopped over a couple of times and asked if everything was OK,and this night was one of those times.

One of those things I did not see on this cruise was the Magician wandering around from table to table. After dinner we caught part of the dive in movie and made an early night of it.

Next up San Juan

Some how we missed info about a free shuttle to the main pier/town. Oh well we took a taxi to Carambola Beach club. We thought this beach was the best beach we visited on our trip. GT was 2nd only because we didnt know GT was so rocky only about a foot or two in, we were not prepared (water shoes next time)... from Carambola we walked down almost to shipwreck beach to see the black volcanic sand. Along the way we saw some neat lounging areas under palm trees ect. Not part of the beach club. I would share my pictures but they are on my phone and haven't figured out how to post them here yet. I will try if you want.

I would love to see them, I us tinypic dot com to load pictures...if you do it (certainly don't have to) pick the message board as the size. I can help if you need it.