Sunshine (revisited) 02/13/16 Exotic Carib review

jimbo5544

An admission...... I grabbed the wrong battery for the camera before left (the uncharged one instead of the charged one. As a result my camera died before the really big jets came in. It is an experience.

I have to say that while I had reservations about going to Maho beach, I really enjoyed the time we spent there. Some clouds had started to roll in and we thought it a good idea to head back to the ship.

We were going to Cucina for dinner that night and had made reservations for 7:30. For those who have not experienced Cucina, it is a good meal and an entertaining evening, worth the $15 per person charge. The apps are shared (you still can order whatever you want and the meal is good. When we sat down, our wait staff came over and both her and us recognized us from two different ships. She waited on us on both the Breeze and and Magic (one time at Cucina and the other time at the Steakhouse).

Edited by jimbo5544

After dinner we attempted (that is the key word) to go see the limelight lounge to see the comedy act. OK, this is a not so positive view. Not only could we not get into the current show (it was about 10 minutes before show time), there was a line for the next show. The limelight is way to small for the comedy show. If this is something you really want to see, then you really need to plan around it. While we have seen crowded comedy rooms on other ships, this waa way more crowded.

We ended up going to the oceans lounge and we impressed again with the guitar player. After that, we headed up to bed.

Next up St. Kitts

We had been to St. Kitts several times, the first time being a land visit. It is a very interesting island, english speaking, and it has some unique features. The first is monkeys, and I don't mean the 60's band. When we first visited there it was a land trip and we stayed on Timothy's Beach. In the evening, as the sun set the monkeys would come out. Actually pretty interesting. The last time we were there on a cruise we went over to Raegae Beach, which itself is a pretty interesting place.

This time, we were doing our only ship based excursion. It was a dolphin encounter. The grand kids really were looking forward to this. I have been on 4 dolphin excursions so, maybe we were not quite as excited as the two young ones were.

Here are some pics from the ropes course, this is my grand daughter who toughed it out all the way through.

6iczeu.jpg

I will chime with a small tidbit there is a height requirement for the ropes couse it is 48 inches and they did enforce that. And the big water slides were 42 inches. The only reasone I paid attention to this is my 6yr old wanted to do this as there is one on a much larger scale at our local zoo we enjoy. And he was about 47 1/2. But safety first I understand a little bummed out.

I have to say that while I had reservations about going to Maho beach, I really enjoyed the time we spent there. Some clouds had started to roll in and we thought it a good idea to head back to the ship.

We were going to Cucina for dinner that night and had made reservations for 7:30. For those who have not experienced Cucina, it is a good meal and an entertaining evening, worth the $15 per person charge. The apps are shared (you still can order whatever you want and the meal is good. When we sat down, our wait staff came over and both her and us recognized us from two different ships. She waited on us on both the Breeze and and Magic (one time at Cucina and the other time at the Steakhouse).

We also ate at Cucina one night. We had a slight dilemma. We ended up with two invitations to dine in either Cucina or JiJi. One invite being that we booking we told our TA it was our anniversary. The second invite came after the elegant night debacle. The rest of our group was not very interested in JiJi so we didn't use our 2nd offer. Plus I kind of didn't want to miss food in the MDR. As this was my first Carnival experience and knew they were working on changing to American table soon. So I wanted to try as much "original" menu options as possible. I was not disappointed at Cucina.