Anywhere in the airport or port in Rome to purchase wine?

Karysa

Thanks.

Anyone have a place they know of that I can pick up a couple of bottles of wine before boarding my JOS cruise at either the port or airport. Thanks in advance.

Are you using a device that doesn't allow you to open the links?

Stores change all the time so I just was hoping that someone who has visited the Rome airport or the port recently could tell me if they knew of a place to purchase wine at or very near these two specific places.

In your shoes, I wouldn't buy wine in the airport, since it is likely to be much more expensive than in a regular shop.

At this time of year, you're unlikely to get many posts from someone who has just been to Civitavecchia. But really, there is no need to stress about finding good wine in Italy. You will find it in any supermarket, including the really small ones, and there is a good selection near the port, as mentioned in the threads that CruiserBruce kindly found for you.

Stores change all the time so I just was hoping that someone who has visited the Rome airport or the port recently could tell me if they knew of a place to purchase wine at or very near these two specific places.

The store commonly mentioned in those threads is one of the largest chains in Europe. They don't come and go often. Plus, if you walk to that store, you might find others are around as well.

There is a large market within a mile of the port, great selection. We bought wine, water and sodas. Our transfer from Tenuta dell'Argento (which they provide at no charge) took us prior to port. "Coop" market. This was in October 2015.

There is a large market within a mile of the port, great selection. We bought wine, water and sodas. Our transfer from Tenuta dell'Argento (which they provide at no charge) took us prior to port. "Coop" market. This was in October 2015.

Thank you I will take this name with me.😊

• 1 month later...

karysa,

We were just in Civitavecchia, about 10 days ago.

We did a cooking class at Aqua Resturant and then had an arranged tour of the countryside including Tarquinia. :)

On the way back our driver stoped at Euro Spin Supermarket. We were shopping for olive oils, basalmic vinegar and Limoncello, but noticed that they carried beer and wine, as well.

It was only 5-6 minutes from there back to the port.

gary

p.s. At the market they had a display near the registers of a Sangiovese Romagna DOC for €1,19 :) or :(

karysa,

We did a cooking class at Aqua Resturant and then had an arranged tour of the countryside including Tarquinia. :)

On the way back our driver stoped at Euro Spin Supermarket. We were shopping for olive oils, basalmic vinegar and Limoncello, but noticed that they carried beer and wine, as well.

gary

p.s. At the market they had a display near the registers of a Sangiovese Romagna DOC for €1,19 :) or :(

Hi Gary :) Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I will write down the name of the Supermarket and take it with me, but I'm not writing down the name of that wine.:eek::D

karysa,

gary

I love EuroSpin, and I shop at our local one every week, but I don't buy my wine there. Their other products are excellent, but the wine seems to be very hit and miss - mostly miss, for my tastes.

I love EuroSpin, and I shop at our local one every week, but I don't buy my wine there. Their other products are excellent, but the wine seems to be very hit and miss - mostly miss, for my tastes.

Do you have a "hit" that you can recommend.:D One white and one red would be perfect.:) Thanks :)

Edited by Karysa

karysa,

Available at EuroSpin:

th_EuroSpin%20wine%20flyer.jpg

(click)

gary

:D. I can vouch for the bottles of iced-tea drink, and the loo rolls. Those are very good, but you won't need them on a cruise. I think their Verduzzo is awful, and I'd be afraid to even try the stuff in the cubes!

Verduzzo in general is very nice, if you like a nice light, dry, slightly fizzy white. Delicious with seafood, or just on its own. Other supermarkets, like Conad or Coop, will sell a brand of Verduzzo called Maschio, which I can recommend. It's about €5 per bottle.

In general, if you're after a pleasant, drinkable wine, look for a bottle priced between €4 - €10. If it has DOCG on the label, that means it's a good example of its kind. Although some of the wines in EuroSpin are DOCG, I'd still leave them alone.

• 2 weeks later...