Laundry Bag

pdx13

I recall previous threads re: a flat $50 fee for cleaning and pressing a full laundry bag. Since we are doing a bit of traveling prior to the cruise and I am going to have a bunch of wrinkled clothing, I am contemplating throwing everything into the bag on day one and then getting it all back pressed and ready to go. Will save me a ton of time over the ironing board. Am wondering what the turnaround time typically is for the laundry service with this deal.

Is is something that is advertised or must it be requested?

Thanks for your help.

It's usually two days from the morning you put it out on the $50 deal. So if you board on a Monday afternoon, I would norjally go down Tuesday morning and come back during the day on Thursday... but you might get lucky and get it on Wednesday. They do offer expedited service hit not on the $50 deal.

It's usually two days from the morning you put it out on the $50 deal. So if you board on a Monday afternoon, I would norjally go down Tuesday morning and come back during the day on Thursday... but you might get lucky and get it on Wednesday. They do offer expedited service hit not on the $50 deal.

thanks

If you give it to the Stewardess when you first get to your Suite there is a chance you will get it back late next day since they won't have the full complement of passengers in the morning of the day you board.

great tip; I will give it a try.

The $50 bag special is for laundry only- no dry cleaning or pressing. They do fold and hang garments as appropriate. On our most recent 14 day cruise the special was not offered until about a week out. That was our experience on the Sojourn, perhaps it is different on other ships and different sailings.

The $50 bag special is for laundry only- no dry cleaning or pressing. They do fold and hang garments as appropriate. On our most recent 14 day cruise the special was not offered until about a week out. That was our experience on the Sojourn, perhaps it is different on other ships and different sailings.

Well, perhaps my plan will be foiled then and I will be spending some time with the iron.

Laundered and ironed beautifully. You can squeeze an amazing amount of things into one laundry bag. If something is missing a button, sometimes it will have a new one on when it is returned! Nightwear and underwear wrapped in tissue, and returned in a small basket.

Laundered and ironed beautifully. You can squeeze an amazing amount of things into one laundry bag. If something is missing a button, sometimes it will have a new one on when it is returned! Nightwear and underwear wrapped in tissue, and returned in a small basket.

You can squeeze more in if you turn the bag inside out.

Twice we have been traveling prior to the cruise and have done exactly as you are planning, put in a bag of laundry after boarding. The first time it returned the next night and the second it took longer, I think it was about 2 and a half days.

The clothes were ironed better than I would do on return.

Guess I will ask the stewardess as soon as we board and see if we can get a quick turnaround. Pressing is what I was looking for, so it is good to hear the shirts and pants will come back ironed.

Guess I will ask the stewardess as soon as we board and see if we can get a quick turnaround. Pressing is what I was looking for, so it is good to hear the shirts and pants will come back ironed.

A guaranteed quick turn around is available, they just charge more for it.

Just be careful with white or light colours. I don't know how many pairs of trousers and capris I've had permanently marked with a grey/silver smudge about an inch long. It's almost as if pants get caught underneath their machine agitator where the grease is. It never comes out. If you can, try for dry cleaning. On longer voyages there is usually a couple of $30 fill a bag specials.

And the $50 special is listed on the Laundry slip in your WIR.

Pardon me, but what is "WIR?"

On longer voyages there is usually a couple of $30 fill a bag specials.

How many days would be a "longer voyage?" Would 20 days be a longer voyage?

Thanks.

"Longer voyage" - we have only done 14s or over 30s in terms of days. Can't recall on the 14s at all. Given the 30s are actually back to backs sold as longer packages, I would think 18 days would see them offered. I do not believe they included ironing generally, but sometimes garments would be ironed - guess it depended on how busy the laundry chaps were. Sometimes you get lucky.

Mind you, the laundry is always a great place for a chat and to pick up travelling trips if you have the time. If a port a day Med cruise, the shorter the laundry visits the better.

Cheers

In our experience, everything was pressed, every time, even my husband's undershorts and T shirts. Dress shirts and blouses are beautifully ironed and hung in the closet, Everything else is folded and packed in a tissue-lined basket. It's worth every penny because I'm on vacation. The only things I wash out by hand are my delicate undergarments and that just takes a couple of minutes. My one experience with trying to use the washing machine and dryer on board was a disaster. Machines were out of order, wet and dry clothes were piled everywhere, and the people I talked with were justifiably cranky.

Pardon me, but what is "WIR?"

Walk in Robe Wardrobe is my guess.

"Longer voyage" - we have only done 14s or over 30s in terms of days. Can't recall on the 14s at all. Given the 30s are actually back to backs sold as longer packages, I would think 18 days would see them offered. I do not believe they included ironing generally, but sometimes garments would be ironed - guess it depended on how busy the laundry chaps were. Sometimes you get lucky.

Mind you, the laundry is always a great place for a chat and to pick up travelling trips if you have the time. If a port a day Med cruise, the shorter the laundry visits the better.

Cheers

Thanks!