Celebrity reflection back of ship aft cabins

brammers

Hi, looking at booking reflection, having been on Brittania last year in aft cabin, we had soot problems on our balcony, does reflection have the same problems? TIA

Depending on the wind, you may have a SMALL amount of soot; the Steward wiped it off the furniture. I only really noticed it in the water overflow gutter so no bother to us. Best location for us and worth a little soot if it should occur. Enjoy your cruise whichever cabin you choose.

We had an aft corner suite on a previous cruise and had no issues with soot, even in port. It may have been due to it being a corner suite as there is always a breeze down the side of the ship. The middle cabins may have had soot due to the airflow.

We did feel a bit more movement on bad weather days and propeller vibrations on those days too. We did not find it a problem but some others mentioned to as an issue.

Just off Reflection 2/13 from Sunset Veranda middle cabin. Soot in the morning. You can wipe it off with a towel or the steward did it every morning as well. Outstanding view, outstanding cruise, outstanding ship. The soot issue is a first world problem.

We didn't have a soot problem on Eclipse, but because of the way the balconies on S class are stepped, there is no privacy on these balconies. We were high up and could look down on all the balconies below us.

Sheila

We didn't have a soot problem on Eclipse, but because of the way the balconies on S class are stepped, there is no privacy on these balconies. We were high up and could look down on all the balconies below us.

Sheila

Yes...you can see someone standing at the rail...but only there; privacy when sitting or dining. Love the aft balconies and haven't had privacy or soot issues (except minor soot which shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying the wake view if that's your taste.

We had an aft corner suite, Deck 12. Zero soot, but then, the Deck 12 balconies have greater cover. We loved that extra cover - plenty of sun but shade when needed and very private, no one could see from above. Noise from deck above on occasion but it was nominal, rarely noticed it all. I highly recommend that Deck.

• 1 year later...

I was on the Celebrity Reflection for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean. We were in a Royal Suite #1622. The vibration was excessive and never stopped until they shut the engines down. Although the crew was nice:) and the ship was beautiful I could never sleep. I wouldn't recommend the Reflection because of the vibrations. If someone offered a room for free on this ship I still would not go.

Yes...you can see someone standing at the rail...but only there; privacy when sitting or dining. Love the aft balconies and haven't had privacy or soot issues (except minor soot which shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying the wake view if that's your taste.

My thoughts too, both with respect to visibility and very negligible soot.

We have cruised aft on other S Class ships and have yet to see any soot. Once again, we're in the corner S1 suites. This years we are on the Reflection, deck 12 in a corner aft for the transatlantic. If there is a huge vibration, I have not had it happen on the other ships like the reflection, but RS are not aft, as you can see by the deck plans! Everyone has their own issues with certain cabins; others can be in the same cabin with a completely different opinion...so if soot bother you a lot, take deck 12; however, some people complain a little about the noise at time, but not much in the S1 corner aft.