Life on Liberty 2/21-2/28: Mo'Bay, GC, Cozumel

289_zpsstlra6ho.jpg

Tomorrow the cruise we planned 8 months ago is here!

:eek: Did I read that you are 46?! Seriously, if that is true, you look WAY younger! I even asked my DH. He said no, much younger! :p I am going to put some moisturizer on before reading more! ;)

:eek: Did I read that you are 46?! Seriously, if that is true, you look WAY younger! I even asked my DH. He said no, much younger! :p I am going to put some moisturizer on before reading more! ;)

Oh thank you! Yes 47 in April, eeeek! And yes moisturizer WITH sunscreen is the key! :)

Thank-you, excited for more. Can you post the compasses directly here verses email?

I guess I can take pictures of them and post as images? That's the only way I know how...

Yeah I was never a sun worshipper when I was a teenager. I thought laying out was boring. Back then my friends laid out wearing nothing but baby oil! Sure thankful for that now! Thanks for the kind comments. :)

Here are a few menus I took pictures of:

Room Service:

015_zpssizv06cr.jpg

Olive or Twist:

382_zpsajjge02j.jpg

383_zpsnjh0hoq6.jpg

Boleros

360_zpsvhlncy1c.jpg

R Bar

359_zps6mqspovq.jpg

All the drinks we had were pretty good--much better than on Carnival. Frozen drinks at Boleros or the pools were around $10 each. Our favorite frozen drinks were from Boleros surprisingly--delicious! Olive or Twist had very good drinks also. Drinks from the pool bars were hit or miss but overall pretty tasty.

Also on Day 5, they offered the 10-drink punch card good for drinks up to $12 so the three of us split the $67 (before tax and gratuity) and shared it. So we saved a little that way. We did not get a drink package because we have done the math and do not drink enough to make it worth it. We do not drink soda, only alcohol or bottled water.

Speaking of bottled water, Cafe Promenade sold the generic bottled water for $2.00 (before tax and gratuity) which I thought was a great deal and once I found this out, I was no longer bothered by the no carry on policy. I would get 3 at a time and take them to the room. The Evian in the room is $2.95 for the small bottles. Boleros also sold the cheap water.

The boys are craft beer drinkers--there is pretty much no craft beer anywhere unless your idea of a craft beer is a Blue Moon. That didn't stop them from going to Hoof & Claw a few times though.

We also looked into the Vintages wine tasting which was $25 but we passed as we had already brought 2 bottles with us.

Edited by Beachiekeen

The boys are craft beer drinkers--there is pretty much no craft beer anywhere unless your idea of a craft beer is a Blue Moon. That didn't stop them from going to Hoof & Claw a few times though.

Just for future reference (and benefit of others):

All the beers basically come from the same storage cooler. You can order any beer you want at any bar you want. If they don't have that particular beer at that particular bar they can go get some for you.

Just ask nicely. :)

So it's 3:00 and we haven't had our first drink yet. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. The problem was, we had a hard time finding anything we wanted--all the bars claimed they didn't have the right ingredients yet or could only sell certain things. We had not experienced this before so we were a little surprised--I think we were drinking pina coladas on Carnival before noon!

I finally managed to make do with a mai tai at the Schooner Bar.

355_zpsk9dsbtyz.jpg

We then went up to our room to wait for the muster drill. This is when BFF came up with what I think is a million-dollar idea: wait for it....VIRTUAL MUSTER. It could be like the Hunger Games where the virtual screen comes up and we're all forced to watch it wherever we are on the ship, but we don't have to leave our seat at the bar or wherever. I thought that was genius.

Anyway, we survived and then went to sit out on our balcony and wait for sailaway.

363_zpslkotw8xs.jpg

My "bon voyage" Facebook picture:

358_zpsdp9dltas.jpg

Around 5:00, BFF had his luggage but we didn't have ours yet. We were getting hungry and had this great idea: we would go down to the dining room early and beat the crowd.

Yeah, no, that's not what happened. We instead entered into complete chaos. There were lines and people all over the place. The crew was handing out free champagne, probably hoping to avoid an all-out riot. We finally got up to the front and were handed a pager and pretty much told "don't call us, we'll call you." So we went back to the Schooner Bar to wait it out until 7:00 when our pager went off.

We were doing My Time Dining and were given a 4-top table in the Rembrandt dining room. I loved the dining room--I thought it was so pretty. It was also located on our side of the ship so it was an easy walk down every night.

I loved the beautiful staircase.

136_zpsduohacbb.jpg

This is what 7:00 on night one in the dining room looks like:

368_zpstioggwwv.jpg