drinks

We were on the Jewel last year and at that time they said they were rolling out a new program for Diamond and higher members where they load so many drinks onto your seapass card to use in most lounges between the hours of 5-8pm daily. I was talking to an agent from Royal Caribbean this morning and she knew nothing of the program. Wondering if the program went away or if it's still something they do??? It was nice to be able to have the cocktails somewhere other than the Diamond Lounge, especially when traveling with others who aren't Diamond members.

We were on the Jewel last year and at that time they said they were rolling out a new program for Diamond and higher members where they load so many drinks onto your seapass card to use in most lounges between the hours of 5-8pm daily. I was talking to an agent from Royal Caribbean this morning and she knew nothing of the program. Wondering if the program went away or if it's still something they do??? It was nice to be able to have the cocktails somewhere other than the Diamond Lounge, especially when traveling with others who aren't Diamond members.

The program has been up and running for a while now.

You get 3 drink vouchers nightly, to be used during the nightly happy hour period. You can get soda, selected beers, glasses of house wine/champagne, and basic cocktails, no blender drinks. You can ue the voucers at any bar, but not at restaurants or room service.

The program has been up and running for a while now.

You get 3 drink vouchers nightly, to be used during the nightly happy hour period. You can get soda, selected beers, glasses of house wine/champagne, and basic cocktails, no blender drinks. You can ue the voucers at any bar, but not at restaurants or room service.

Thanks for answering my question! Glad the program is up and running!

Thanks for answering my question! Glad the program is up and running!

You're welcome, and I hope you have a great cruise.:)

Also, if you are going on Jewel after April 2016, she should have a dedicated Diamond Lounge at that point, were the drinks are still unlimited, and you would have 24 hour access to complimentary specialty coffee

You're welcome, and I hope you have a great cruise.:)

Also, if you are going on Jewel after April 2016, she should have a dedicated Diamond Lounge at that point, were the drinks are still unlimited, and you would have 24 hour access to complimentary specialty coffee

My experience on every ship so far is that the machine is not serviced after a certain time of the day and it ends up running out of either beans or milk. So even though you technically have 24 hr access one shouldn't plan on it working correctly later at night or early in the morning.

My experience on every ship so far is that the machine is not serviced after a certain time of the day and it ends up running out of either beans or milk. So even though you technically have 24 hr access one shouldn't plan on it working correctly later at night or early in the morning.

We have had no problems with broken coffee machines on our last 4 cruises.

I fear you have jinxed us.;)

We have had no problems with broken coffee machines on our last 4 cruises.

I fear you have jinxed us.;)

What time of the morning do you attempt to get coffee? For me it is usually around 5 AM. I didn't mean that the machines are broken. They just run out of supplies of coffee or milk.

What time of the morning do you attempt to get coffee? For me it is usually around 5 AM. I didn't mean that the machines are broken. They just run out of supplies of coffee or milk.

OK, now I understand. Probably 8:30am is about the right time for us.

No. They are loaded onto your seapass card. You do not get a paper voucher. But I suppose you can get a drink and give it to someone else.

They don't seem to mind when I order a drink for me and a drink for a friend and ask the server to use two of my vouchers.

OK, now I understand. Probably 8:30am is about the right time for us.

I have found that the lounge usually starts getting serviced around 7-8 AM so the machines are fine by your time. I guess there is some advantage to not getting up before the sun!:D

I have found that the lounge usually starts getting serviced around 7-8 AM so the machines are fine by your time. I guess there is some advantage to not getting up before the sun!:D

Don't want to mention the names, but we have had a couple of concierges who would show us how to add milk and dump the grounds if they were not there. I understand that you may not want to deal with it, but it was a good option for us.

Don't want to mention the names, but we have had a couple of concierges who would show us how to add milk and dump the grounds if they were not there. I understand that you may not want to deal with it, but it was a good option for us.

Feel free to post instructions. I have no issue being as self sufficient as possible.:)

Feel free to post instructions. I have no issue being as self sufficient as possible.:)

I would not do it without asking if the Concierge minded. I remember asking one Concierge if she minded, and she was adamant about not having guests do any of that stuff. The Concierge can show you in about 30 seconds.

I would not do it without asking if the Concierge minded. I remember asking one Concierge if she minded, and she was adamant about not having guests do any of that stuff. The Concierge can show you in about 30 seconds.

I was joking when I said to post instructions. I am actually quite observant and have watched the process, of course, while being very discrete.;) But I would not take it upon myself to just start messing with their machine. I have better manners than that.:cool:

I was joking when I said to post instructions. I am actually quite observant and have watched the process, of course, while being very discrete.;) But I would not take it upon myself to just start messing with their machine. I have better manners than that.:cool:

I should have known you were joking. Comes from multi-tasking.