Transportation in Seattle

CN1

Hi! Has anyone used Shuttle Express to travel between SEATAC, hotel and Celebrity cruise pier and return to SEATAC after the cruise is completed? I am interested in reviews and how the actual scuttles were, (I.e., handicap accessible, in good working order, etc.). Thanks!

Shuttle Express has been around for MANY MANY years. I've used their shared ride service but never for a cruise. Put "shuttle express" in quotes in SEARCH THIS FORUM and you'll find past threads and perhaps reviews.

Are you staying at the airport or downtown?

My only caution is that their boarding location is actually INSIDE the parking structure so it's not a quick, easy access. Baggage claim in on the 3rd floor of the main terminal and the shuttle kiosk is on the 3rd floor of the garage, BUT, the airport driveway runs between the 2 structures.

So .... you collect your luggage at baggage claim on the 3rd floor, take an elevator/escalator to the 4th floor in order to use the skybridge over the airport driveway, then take the elevator/escalator back down to the 3rd floor to the Shuttle kiosk.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Ground-Transportation.aspx

The return trip from the pier is easy ... you are dropped near the doors at the south entrance of the terminal.

If this doesn't sound do-able, let me know if you're staying at Seatac or downtown, and how many passengers and I'll come up with other options.

Edited by mapleleaves
search

Thanks maple leaves for all the great info. We haven't made hotel reservations yet. I see that shuttle express deals with certain hotels. I am in the process of checking on prices and locations for each hotel. It appears that if we choose from their listed hotels, we will get the transportation from the airport, hotel, pier and back to the airport. Seems reasonable at $52 per person. Seems like a bit of a walk at the airport, but it should be ok. I'm hoping that the vans/shuttles are handicap friendly (i.e., easy to get in and out of with hip and back issues). Thanks again.

IF you stay downtown, an easy option would be a towncar service. This will eliminate your concerns about getting into a van and would also eliminate walking to the garage. Stila has the contract at SeaTac so they always have cars available. You call them from the courtesy phone at baggage claim and they'll pick you up at the curb. Currently their fee is $45 to downtown.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

A cab from downtown to the pier will be about $20.

A cab to SeaTac from pier 66 is $40 ; from pier 91 about $50.

If you stay near the airport, the hotel will provide a free shuttle between the airport and hotel. And if you stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express, their shuttle is $15pp each way to/from the pier.

p.s. when I've used Shuttle Express, the driver provided a small step stool to get in/out of the van

Edited by mapleleaves
ps

shuttle express normally used Ford type of vans however they do use a large minibus type vehicle on some of the hotel runs. A van wouldn't be as easy to get into unless you get the first row of seats. A mini bus is easier. There is also another shuttle in Seatac which uses new Mercedes Sprinter Vans. They only charge $16 to most any downtown hotel. Here is their website;

www:speedieshuttleseattle.com

• 3 months later...

Maybe I could ask you for some suggestions.

We are a party of 6 (3 couples, one of which is our 85-year old parents) staying at the Marriott Renaissance. We need transportation for 6 ppl plus prob 12 bags from airport to the hotel; from hotel to pier; and return from pier to airport and then we have about 4 hours to kill in Seattle.

So we need something easy for my parents to do without hauling their luggage very far.

Edited by stellfamily

I would use the UberSUV service if you think they'd be safe and comfortable getting out of a luxury SUV like an Escalade or Navigator. These services pick up curbside at Baggage Claim at the door you specify and operate on-demand with a large pool of alternate vehicles in case something goes wrong. The drivers are polite and patient and the vehicles are well-maintained.

The fare estimate is $65 from airport to hotel, around $32 from hotel to pier and around $90 for the return to the airport. If two members of your party have smartphones and haven't used uber before, you could save $20/ride by person A getting a promo code for the first ride, then using the "free rides" function, share the promo code from their new account to person B, who gets $20 off their first ride and earns person A a $20 credit for their next ride.

IF you stay downtown, an easy option would be a towncar service. This will eliminate your concerns about getting into a van and would also eliminate walking to the garage. Stila has the contract at SeaTac so they always have cars available. You call them from the courtesy phone at baggage claim and they'll pick you up at the curb. Currently their fee is $45 to downtown.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

A cab from downtown to the pier will be about $20.

A cab to SeaTac from pier 66 is $40 ; from pier 91 about $50.

are those cab prices per person or for everyone which can fit into the cab. We have a family of 3, 2 adults and 1 child.

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle